Trailers: Mortal Kombat - Live Action Trailer

Mortal Kombat - Live Action Trailer

Mortal Kombat is now at your fingertips.

Watch Video

Excellently done. Without prior knowledge of of what is being advertised, you have to wait a full 40 seconds with a "what the hell is this" curiosity before very simply conveying what is being advertised. Once the gameplay is shown, there is no doubt as to what is being advertised and the scene with the PSP explains the platform in a perfectly minimalist way.

This is probably one of the best advertisements for a game I have ever seen.

The Gentleman:
Excellently done. Without prior knowledge of of what is being advertised, you have to wait a full 40 seconds with a "what the hell is this" curiosity before very simply conveying what is being advertised. Once the gameplay is shown, there is no doubt as to what is being advertised and the scene with the PSP explains the platform in a perfectly minimalist way.

This is probably one of the best advertisements for a game I have ever seen.

Are you talking about from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what MK is? Because I could have told you instantly that was supposed to be Kitana.

OT: This is just another thing telling me I should sell my PS3 and just get a Vita instead.

ilovemyLunchbox:
Are you talking about from the perspective of someone who doesn't know what MK is? Because I could have told you instantly that was supposed to be Kitana.

But outside of people who are intimately familiar with the game series (myself not being one of them; I only can identify Scorpion and SubZero), you have no idea who that is...

The Gentleman:

ilovemyLunchbox:

But outside of people who are intimately familiar with the game series (myself not being one of them; I only can identify Scorpion and SubZero), you have no idea who that is...

I think Lunch Box's confusion came from the fact that your statement read as if you were saying "if you didn't know this was an advert for Mortal Kombat before hand" rather than "if you had no knowledge of Mortal Kombat before hand"

Dayum. That was an incredibly attractive woman.

...That's all. If I had a Vita I might have more to say, but for now...Da-yum.

AbsoluteVirtue18:
Dayum. That was an incredibly attractive woman.

was just thinking the same. she is stunning.

shame these games never come out for the pc. since you are able to get controllers for the pc, they might as well give us the game as well.

So.... safe to assume that there will be cross platform online?

Nothing highlights silly visual design like seeing it in live action.

I'll keep playing my fighters on home consoles, just to be safe.

Zhukov:
Nothing highlights silly visual design like seeing it in live action.

QFT

Visually speaking... this commercial is just awkward

I'm not impressed by it at all.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook