Trailers: The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - Launch Trailer

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - Launch Trailer

See what the enhanced edition brings to the table.

Watch Video

Damn, does CDProjekt know how to make a good trailer.

Heh, even though I've beaten this game numerous times, these trailers still make me want to go back and do it again.

Can't wait for the 17th.

Looking forward to this :D

Will be my first experience with the Witcher.

I bought the CE when it came out last year but I plan on buying the Enhanced Edition for the PC just to support CD Projekt Red. I Can't wait to experience the new content that is being added.

That was a pretty darn good trailer.

One of the best games I've ever played. (My first game console was a Sega Master System.)

Was this actual footage of the 360 version?

If so; Bring that shit!

Casual Shinji:
Was this actual footage of the 360 version?

If so; Bring that shit!

I remember the developers said they were aiming for the medium graphics available on the PC version. From what I've seen from the PC version on low I'd say it's fairly likely.

Bat Vader:
I bought the CE when it came out last year but I plan on buying the Enhanced Edition for the PC just to support CD Projekt Red. I Can't wait to experience the new content that is being added.

The Enhanced Edition is a free update for existing owners of the game. No need to buy it again, it's their gift to their fans.

UnderGlass:

Bat Vader:

The Enhanced Edition is a free update for existing owners of the game. No need to buy it again, it's their gift to their fans.

I know. They seem to go above and beyond to help please their customers so I am thanking them by purchasing their game again.

Bat Vader:

UnderGlass:

Bat Vader:

I know. They seem to go above and beyond to help please their customers so I am thanking them by purchasing their game again.

Gotcha. Sounds like the update is significant enough and easily amounts to a good-size dlc worth of content. I bought the CE as well so not sure if it's worth buying again at full price though.

That said, for all the great stuff it contained what the CE really wanted was a code for a downloadable version. I would consider picking up a second copy off GOG if they offered a discount for existing owners. I like having the GOG version of the first Witcher but the boxed EE version with the printed short story and map is nice too.

UnderGlass:

Bat Vader:

UnderGlass:

Gotcha. Sounds like the update is significant enough and easily amounts to a good-size dlc worth of content. I bought the CE as well so not sure if it's worth buying again at full price though.

That said, for all the great stuff it contained what the CE really wanted was a code for a downloadable version. I would consider picking up a second copy off GOG if they offered a discount for existing owners. I like having the GOG version of the first Witcher but the boxed EE version with the printed short story and map is nice too.

On April 17th they'll be letting anyone with a non-gog copy of Witcher 2 have the GoG copy as a free backup.

http://www.gog.com/en/page/witcherbackup

Because I guess they're just not tired of being fucking awesome yet.

Irridium:

UnderGlass:

Bat Vader:

On April 17th they'll be letting anyone with a non-gog copy of Witcher 2 have the GoG copy as a free backup.

I feel as if it's something they discuss at weekly meetings

"Well its been about a couple days since we did something awesome."

"Well that just won't do. Free digital backups for owners of the Witcher 2 should keep our awesome going for at least a few more days."

My theory is that the devs of CD Projekt live off the love of their fans. Thus they must always keep us happy.

*deleted*

Irridium:

UnderGlass:

Bat Vader:

Well damn o_O. Was that one of the spring conference reveals? I missed the stream (stupid clients and their stupid needs) I had a feeling something like this might be coming but couldn't find a clear summary of the events just after. I'd forgotten to go back and check and now I feel silly. Very, very happy and silly. Maybe even a little giddy too :)

Just got the game in the post.

My body is ready.

Umm, what will the enhanced version bring to the table? From what I saw from the trailer, it's just clips from the game...

SecretNegative:
Umm, what will the enhanced version bring to the table? From what I saw from the trailer, it's just clips from the game...

A bunch of new quests and expanded Act 3 is pretty much the meat of it.

Irridium:

SecretNegative:

A bunch of new quests and expanded Act 3 is pretty much the meat of it.

Hmm, haven't gotten to act 3 yet, still stuck in bloody Vergen. Stupid computer overheats if I start the game in higher than 848 * 480. Also I'm not a fan of dying all the time. Other than that, this game is pretty damn good.

Cd Project really is awesome.
After i heard of the CE with a lot of Stuff added, without charging more (It was just limited to the early purchases of the game) i preordered the game instantly, even though i didn't even played Witcher 1.
Got through with the first one before the release of the second one, though, and was again amazed after just a few days after release.
While the installer and updater, was kind of shitty (although my connection was steady the updater was really slow and lost the connection a couple of times), it was just awesome that they refused to let the preorder bonuses divide the community and let everyone have the bonuses just a few days after release.
And of course they still keep being awesome, removing drm and making free dlcs, that other companies would charge like 10 bucks for.

Irridium:

UnderGlass:

Bat Vader:

Hopefully this inspires more people to purchase their games. I keep hoping that CD Projekt Red will purchase Bioware from EA.

Bat Vader:

Irridium:

UnderGlass:

Hopefully this inspires more people to purchase their games. I keep hoping that CD Projekt Red will purchase Bioware from EA.

Oh that would be so awesome!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here