Trailers: Hard Reset: Extended Edition - Trailer

Hard Reset: Extended Edition - Trailer

If you enjoyed the plain 'ol Hard Reset you'll probably enjoy the Extended Edition.

Watch Video

Erm... trailer said coming March 2012.

Did they loose track of time in thier development bunker or something?

gigastar:
Erm... trailer said coming March 2012.

Did they loose track of time in thier development bunker or something?

Color me confused.

Also, is this free for people who already own Hard Reset or are they selling it as an expansion I wonder...

TO GOOGLE!

Ok, I've read an article about it from 19 march. According to it, this extension will be completely free for people who already have the original game. It will add 5 completely new levels to the game (as the continuation to the main plot) and new enemies (1 new boss included). Generally, it will add around 2 additional hours to the gameplay. The exact release date wasn't stated though, only "somewhere between April and May", so it will come out quite soon I guess.

I've been eying off Hard Reset for a while now.

Think it might be time for a purchase?

MJpoland:
Ok, I've read an article about it from 19 march. According to it, this extension will be completely free for people who already have the original game. It will add 5 completely new levels to the game (as the continuation to the main plot) and new enemies (1 new boss included). Generally, it will add around 2 additional hours to the gameplay. The exact release date wasn't stated though, only "somewhere between April and May", so it will come out quite soon I guess.

Yeah, their facebook page confirms a free update for the steam version and an end of April-First week of May release. Really good news for existing owners!

Still Life:
I've been eying off Hard Reset for a while now.

Think it might be time for a purchase?

The game is super fun - pretty much every review confirms that. It also looks gorgeous and has a unique modular upgrade system for weapons. Most grumbles about it were that it was a bit short and repetitive with environments and enemies (maybe 5 hours of sp gameplay). The devs have been regularly updating it since though with balance & interface tweaks and survival modes. This extended edition sounds like it sorts the rest out nicely while continuing the weird sci-fi plot. I'd definitely recommend it on the strength of what I've played so far.

EDIT: for wrongness. "multiplayer" and "surval mode" are not interchangeable terms :)

UnderGlass:

The game is super fun - pretty much every review confirms that. It also looks gorgeous and has a unique modular upgrade system for weapons. Most grumbles about it were that it was a bit short and repetitive with environments and enemies (maybe 5 hours of sp gameplay). The devs have been regularly updating it since though with balance & interface tweaks and multiplayer modes. This extended edition sounds like it sorts the rest out nicely while continuing the weird sci-fi plot. I'd definitely recommend it on the strength of what I've played so far.

Cheers!

What would you say the replay value is like? I've found myself becoming very picky with games, and I tend to look at replay value as the deciding factor in a purchase -- especially when it comes to FPS games, as there is literally a flooded market.

I really liked that the devs were intentionally trying to fuse a more retro style of FPS with modern graphics, and it most certainly does look gorgeous.

Still Life:

UnderGlass:

The game is super fun - pretty much every review confirms that. It also looks gorgeous and has a unique modular upgrade system for weapons. Most grumbles about it were that it was a bit short and repetitive with environments and enemies (maybe 5 hours of sp gameplay). The devs have been regularly updating it since though with balance & interface tweaks and multiplayer modes. This extended edition sounds like it sorts the rest out nicely while continuing the weird sci-fi plot. I'd definitely recommend it on the strength of what I've played so far.

Cheers!

What would you say the replay value is like? I've found myself becoming very picky with games, and I tend to look at replay value as the deciding factor in a purchase -- especially when it comes to FPS games, as there is literally a flooded market.

I really liked that the devs were intentionally trying to fuse a more retro style of FPS with modern graphics, and it most certainly does look gorgeous.

That really depends on your tolerance for this kind of gameplay. It's exciting, flashy and the mechanics are very tight but it's not really tactical at all; unless you count hoarding your powerups and health packs. Playing on harder modes is your main option. Messing with alternative weapon upgrade routes can be fun since there's a lot of variety but really the game is super linear. I'd suggest playing the demo if you're not sure. Also I said earlier that they'd added a multiplayer mode this is not true. I meant to say survival, was thinking 'horde' for some reason and had a brain-fart, sorry about that, the game is totally single-player.

good to hear that it will be for free for people who already own it. enjoyed this game a lot and like to play it for longer.

@still life
this game is really good if you like games like "painkiller" or "serious sam". its a SP game with a solid story but nothing breath taking. but the game play is fun and upgrading your weapons wants to make you to kill more robots. you can even play again from the beginning with all your upgraded weapons, so you can kill these robots with more fun then before.
so yeah, get it. i dint regret it since i pre ordered it.

UnderGlass:

That really depends on your tolerance for this kind of gameplay. It's exciting, flashy and the mechanics are very tight but it's not really tactical at all; unless you count hoarding your powerups and health packs. Playing on harder modes is your main option. Messing with alternative weapon upgrade routes can be fun since there's a lot of variety but really the game is super linear. I'd suggest playing the demo if you're not sure. Also I said earlier that they'd added a multiplayer mode this is not true. I meant to say survival, was thinking 'horde' for some reason and had a brain-fart, sorry about that, the game is totally single-player.

Metalrocks:
good to hear that it will be for free for people who already own it. enjoyed this game a lot and like to play it for longer.

@still life
this game is really good if you like games like "painkiller" or "serious sam". its a SP game with a solid story but nothing breath taking. but the game play is fun and upgrading your weapons wants to make you to kill more robots. you can even play again from the beginning with all your upgraded weapons, so you can kill these robots with more fun then before.
so yeah, get it. i dint regret it since i pre ordered it.

Thank you very much for the recommendations.

I must admit, I'm a bit of a Doom fanboy and I can keep going back to the originals, so I think I'll give the demo a whirl.

Looking forward to it now :)

well thats one way of developing a game, stop making it half way through, release it, then start again with the new money from the release.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here