Trailers: Dragon's Dogma - Cockatrice Trailer

Dragon's Dogma - Cockatrice Trailer

Storm the castle and take on the dangerous Cockatrice.

Watch Video

Surprisingly faithful to the original myth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cockatrice

If there's any animalistic shape-shifting in this game, there'd better be an option to turn into a weasel. Or, better yet, a rooster.

The all-new Chevy Sonic can kiss my ass.

I'm in the middle of the Witcher 1. And this looks exactly like it. Really weird. That first guard that talks looks like it was copy pasted. And there's cockatrices exactly like this only way smaller in it. But it's a completely different game, developer and publisher . . huh. Not saying they stole anything as it's trivial if they did anyway. But the similarities just struck me.

"Cockatrice fight? But will it blend, that is the question! *catchy theme music* Stone skin smoke?! Dont breath this in."

I originally didnt like the style of the game. It looked like a cheap Monster Hunter at first, and then after that it looked like a Co-op Dark Souls (but it doesnt actually have co-op, which makes me sad). And then, it started to look generic high fantasy.

But after several videos and some reading, ive come to the conclusion that im just biased and need to remember its a completely separate game, and to stop trying to compare it to others. As much as i'd love another Monster Hunter, im glad that Double D's is going to be a mix of several games, but have its own style all together. I wont say "im anticipating this game" because honestly, 5 minutes from now i'll forget about this video. But im looking forward to it, and wish it the best of luck on the market.

Fluttershy, USE STARE!

It's SUPER EFFECTIVE!

im surprised by the lack of cock jokes in this thread. somethings clearly fowl in here.

the game is good. even if it does not really shine in this trailer.
too bad its not comming for pc (perhaps a petition might change that)

rhizhim:
im surprised by the lack of cock jokes in this thread. somethings clearly fowl in here.

See, now the trailer made it look shit, but that preview has really piqued my interest.

Oh my god, that looks horrible

Edit:
the cockatrice trailer looks horrible,
but now that I've seen the clip above me, the game looks actually quit decent

so what a horrible trailer

The game looks interesting but that was a terrible trailer. If this was the only footage I'd seem from the game it would have put me off getting it.

Daystar Clarion:

rhizhim:

See, now the trailer made it look shit, but that preview has really piqued my interest.

Capcom always fucks up their trailers.
and then tries to compensate their losses with copy pasta ip milking.

i have yet to see a good game trailer from them.

the game is a mix of dark souls, skyrim and shadow of the collosus.

the later can be seen here:

but i still doubt they will make their 10 Million copies mark.
especially with these shitty trailers.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116429-Capcom-Thinks-It-can-Sell-10-Million-Copies-of-Dragons-Dogma

Nice to finally see another enemy type other than cyclops, goblin, griffin, harpy, lizard guy, chimera and zombie in a trailer for a change. I feel like I've already killed enough cyclopses and the demo isn't even out yet...

Also the new ads are interesting, but this is the 2nd one I've seen that gives me the option to type something but won't let me type anything.

Cursor blinks in the box but nothing can be typed. So its pretty much telling me that what ever system of gizmos I'm using on a daily basis and update regularly just isn't good enough to interact with their superior ad fuckery the way that they believe I should be able to.

Or they just make them like that to be dicks. I'd rather just sit through an ad instead of being taunted with the failed ability to skip it.

And I'm sure that is the preferred response if this were a sociology study. "Can you make the subjects wish to sit though ad content if it means that they aren't presented with a non working alternative?"

This is one of those games I really want to like, but it clearly doesn't want me to like it.

That voice acting and animation... ugh.

That's going to be one HELLUVA Thanksgiving feast.

Zhukov:

That voice acting and animation... ugh.

I couldn't agree more, the guard's body and expression had nothing to do with what he was saying. Granted that could be because they changed the line for the trailer or something. Which begs the question of why they didn't just cut in a different section entirely. It isn't like we know what leads up to the cockatrice fight.

Meh, I played this at comicon last year and I was not impressed at at all, which is weird for me because I usually eat this stuff up. This trailer doesn't change my opinion on this game at all though.

Edit: So, I entered my Capcha wrong, noticed it after I pressed post, and it still posted. Capcha fail.

iv been followinng this ever since my friend on 4chan sent me a link to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrCiV4LOYk4

personally the night mechanics look extremely interesting even if the setting looks a little generic.looking forward to this title personaly.

Huh the trailer made it look like a bad MH game but that preview actually looks pretty good

Eh, that looked pretty bad. I mean, the trailer was just badly done. The gameplay looks like it could be fun, but having that guard flail his arms around in a way that completely didn't match his voice...it just seems unprofessional. Plus, shouldn't the cockatrice be able to turn people into stone?

Still, the game looks like it might be fun to play.

edit: Aaaaand, the preview makes it look like it's actually quite good. Whoever made that trailer should be, uh, reassigned.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here