No Right Answer: Worst Videogame Ending Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

SpartyTheOneManParty:
How about Prince of Persia 2008?

"What's that, Mass Effect 3? Epilogue DLC? Yeah, we did that before it was cool."

And because I played that on PC I still haven't had the chance to play it, fuck you ubisoft.

So is Mass Effect 3 the videogame equivalent of Spider-Man 3? Two months in, and NO ONE HAS SHUT UP ABOUT IT! Most movies and games are long forgotten and in the bargain bin by now. It has to say something about a game when someone who hasn't played it is getting sick of all the whining.

deth2munkies:
Oh come on, no mention of KotOR 2? That ending was way worse. You get a maybe text dump with a visual of what happens 2 seconds after you kill the final boss then nothing, all from a CHARACTER BASED, STORY DRIVEN GAME.

That's almost as bad as the ending from Persona 3:

I hope you didn't spend any time getting attached to those characters and helping them with their problems, because in the end, it doesn't matter.
Fuck those 30 hours.

Mario 2 /thread.

I have to extremely disagree with everyone so far.

Worst video game ending ever goes to Duke Nuke Forever.

And I knew this after taking my blinders off from the rest of the story after it got to the end.

Nothing Duke Nukem does in the end vindicates what happened through out the game. And it ends in the same boss battle that was in the beginning in DNF. And even then that was the same boss battle from Duke Nukem 3D.

The whole game is basically the dumpster baby of director Michael Bay & current Deadpool writer Danial Way.

All of this crap it ends with Duke Nukem saying he'll run for president. Oh Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster. Duke Nukem as a presidential Nominee after this would be the worse idea ever.

If he were real & a Republican Nominee.

He may hypothetically have more money from his gambling success than any candidate with a Super Pac. But after DNF there's no chance he'd get the women's vote. Santorum, Gingrich, & Cain would have better luck with that. His emphasis on hating aliens may be taken as innuendo for hating foreigners. Especially with how much the DNF logo emphasized the US flag. Duke Nukem is so out of touch with today's voter that Mitt Romney would still be the front runner. And anyone who'd say they'd want to have a beer with Duke Nukem would have to settle for a shot glass of Wine Cooler. Because according to DNF Duke Nukem gets easily drunk on 1 beer.

Anyone can say that "Of course DNF was going to have a bad ending because the whole game was bad". But it was a bad game with an even worse ending. Duke Nukem ending the game while making fart noises with his armpit would have been a better ending than saying he'd run for president. Because in ending as it did I had to take my blinders off to what the rest of the DNF is.

A badly written, overly linear game, that couldn't outlive its previous installments even if it had tried.

Personally, I was kind of glad to be done with the story of FFVII. I didn't want closure on the characters because they were flat and lame.

And yet I still keep going back to the game...

misterprickly:
They're both WRONG!

The worst ending is either a "Thank you for playing" screen.

OR

A misspelled "Congratulations" screen.

Ghostbusters, for sure.

Mk, first of all, when they said Worst Videogame ending ever, I though FFVII immediately. So yeah, I do think FFVII is a pretty bad ending. I can think of worse, but since FFVII is pretty much a big deal or whatever, I can see why people are so upset about it. Me, I didn't like the game that much to begin with (Come to think of it, I think I never finished it; I think I saw the ending on Youtube/Advent Children).

Having said that, FFVII is a JRPG. JRPGs, by nature, are about the story of one guy out there and you follow their story until the end. You don't get to be that guy, you don't get to affect their decisions that much. That's the point. That's what makes them different from Western RPGs like Skyrim and Dragon Age and Mass Effect and stuff. This has been established since FFI so that was kind of a weak argument there. It's like saying the NES Mario games could have more exploration or could have been better if they had been a sandbox game. That's not the point of a Mario game, so no. Moving on...

All sandbox games' endings are not truly the end of a story? Yes, but this is true of almost every single game. The difference is they don't show it. When you save Peach in every Mario game, do you think they just stand still until Bowser recovers and kidnaps Peach again and another Mario game beings? No. I would imagine Mario and Peach go home...maybe argue about Mario gaining a few pounds...maybe Peach refuses to bake him a cake. Maybe Yoshi needs to go to the veterinarian, I don't know! The difference with games like GTA or InFamous is that YOU control what the character does next. It's irrelevant compared to the ending or what happened before it, but again, this is true of almost every ending. That's why most games end with the ending, as redundant as it is.

With GTA3, the character was a mute, emotionless criminal. What did you expect for the ending? For him to break into song, marry the girl and raise a family in the suburbs? No, of course not. Don't get me wrong, I love GTA3 but...I gotta admit: it remained loyal to the protagonist' personality. Contrast this to San Andreas, where the character has a defined personality, goals, flaws and virtues and the kind of ending you get for this game. They're like night and day but, again, it's all in the nature of the game.

Yes, I always thought the ending for FFVII was crap:

1. You "kill" Sephiroth
2. Meteor is still coming
3. Aeris' spirit appears
4. ???
5. ENDING/ NANAKI 500 YEARS LATER

Not a good ending at all.

Really? Nobody mentioned Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

I played it for the PS3, and for the hours upon hours of toil that game was the ending was just downright insulting: "Oh, yeah, so... nice to meet you. Let me use the teleport ability which I did not use THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME, now that the game is over. Goodbye" Pfff... C'mon!

I so hated that game. For such a hard game I expected an ending worthy of Metal Gear, and instead got a final boss fight that wasn't worth it and a disappointing animation that barely lasts five minutes.

Curse you, Team Ninja!!! Curse you!!!

Caramel Frappe:
Sure it wasn't such a justified ending, but really they made up for that in the movie. The movie got everything done 'right' as to how it should of ended plus I loved the movie. Was worth the cash, and we got to spend a longer time with the characters in nice animation along with seeing fighting that could not of been displayed otherwise in the game itself. So a nice feature I would say.

I feel like, if this is the crux of your argument for why FFVII's ending isn't so bad (correct me if I got that wrong), then it's unfair to say ME3's got the worst ending ever until you've waited to see the DLC/other materials that come out to supplement its own ending. If one game gets redeemed by what the studio makes after the fact to complete the ending, then why not the other? Was FFVII's ending also "the worst ending ever" until Advent Children came out? Or is ME3 being held to unequal standards (and why)?

minuialear:

Caramel Frappe:
Sure it wasn't such a justified ending, but really they made up for that in the movie. The movie got everything done 'right' as to how it should of ended plus I loved the movie. Was worth the cash, and we got to spend a longer time with the characters in nice animation along with seeing fighting that could not of been displayed otherwise in the game itself. So a nice feature I would say.

I feel like, if this is the crux of your argument for why FFVII's ending isn't so bad (correct me if I got that wrong), then it's unfair to say ME3's got the worst ending ever until you've waited to see the DLC/other materials that come out to supplement its own ending. If one game gets redeemed by what the studio makes after the fact to complete the ending, then why not the other? Was FFVII's ending also "the worst ending ever" until Advent Children came out? Or is ME3 being held to unequal standards (and why)?

You make a good point there. Was wondering if someone would quote me on a point i've made and I was not disappointed in the least. True that I have no real claim on this, that Mass Effect 3's ending is worse (to be yet proven) until the DLC for it comes out which I am glad it's going to be free. Yet, I do wonder ... if they made a movie on ME3 in the same animation as FF7 did... then, would people be hyped and buy that to see the true ending or would they feel even more infuriated by this? Now I am thinking on a deeper matter at hand, I am sorry for this lol.

Like many people, I'm disappointed in the lack of Kotor 2.

Also, that high pitched "bye" made me shudder, as it should for anybody who has been watching Sherlock.

Strife2GFAQs:
So is Mass Effect 3 the videogame equivalent of Spider-Man 3? Two months in, and NO ONE HAS SHUT UP ABOUT IT! Most movies and games are long forgotten and in the bargain bin by now. It has to say something about a game when someone who hasn't played it is getting sick of all the whining.

Apparently. To tell the truth I didn't think the ending was half bad. I understood what TIM was doing when he should up and made his big monologue and when The Catalyst showed up understood his message and why we got those three choices.

The only thing that I will be pissed about with this epilouge is if they somehow make Shepard . . . FUCK I JUST WENT OFF ON A MASS EFFECT 3 TANGENT IN A NON-ME3 THREAD. My bad.

Now on topic.
I haven't played either game but if I had to say worse ending I would go between Too Human and Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. Both had endings that left room for more games. And neither has another game coming out probably ever.

Caramel Frappe:

minuialear:

Caramel Frappe:

You make a good point there. Was wondering if someone would quote me on a point i've made and I was not disappointed in the least. True that I have no real claim on this, that Mass Effect 3's ending is worse (to be yet proven) until the DLC for it comes out which I am glad it's going to be free. Yet, I do wonder ... if they made a movie on ME3 in the same animation as FF7 did... then, would people be hyped and buy that to see the true ending or would they feel even more infuriated by this? Now I am thinking on a deeper matter at hand, I am sorry for this lol.

They can't make a Mass Effect movie to tie up the ending in anyway.

Warachia:

deth2munkies:
Oh come on, no mention of KotOR 2? That ending was way worse. You get a maybe text dump with a visual of what happens 2 seconds after you kill the final boss then nothing, all from a CHARACTER BASED, STORY DRIVEN GAME.

I hope you didn't spend any time getting attached to those characters and helping them with their problems, because in the end, it doesn't matter.
Fuck those 30 hours.

Well yeah that ending was bad because...well because that was meant to be the bad ending as opposed to the actual ending. Also, 30 hours?..really? Is that even possible, because my first playthrough was 100 hours though that was because I was set on doing EVERYTHING in that game.

Chris, please stop shouting so much!

I really like the concept of this show. And I like the sometimes strange views. But often it's a pain listening to you, because you can't keep your voice down - even when the discussion is not very heated and you are simply trying to make a point.

It's quite annoying to the point where I don't wanna listen anymore.
That's how I feel about it, anyway. Don't wanna troll, it's just an honest feedback.

Rorro:
Really? Nobody mentioned Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

I played it for the PS3, and for the hours upon hours of toil that game was the ending was just downright insulting: "Oh, yeah, so... nice to meet you. Let me use the teleport ability which I did not use THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE GAME, now that the game is over. Goodbye" Pfff... C'mon!

I so hated that game. For such a hard game I expected an ending worthy of Metal Gear, and instead got a final boss fight that wasn't worth it and a disappointing animation that barely lasts five minutes.

Curse you, Team Ninja!!! Curse you!!!

Obviously, for the ending to be considered bad, the story as a whole should have to be considered good because for any sort of investment to manifest, the story had to create some expectations. Ninja Gaiden obviously doesn't even qualify because it's hard to even claim that there was a story in the first place.

I just have to say that FFVII is clearly the worst ending ever. No contest. Anybody that doesn't agree with this is too young.

Daili Lama:
I'd like to make the case for F.E.A.R. 2, where your reward for beating the game is the main character gets raped.

I don't know, it was one of the few horror endings for a horror game that was actually, well, horrific.

I just wish they'd done a better job wrapping up the story in the sequel. Was a good fun game mechanically, but it shat its pants all over the story.

As far as endings go, Fallout 3 had me raging the most. Okay, not raging, I silently uninstalled it and never played it again.
After walking casually behind Big Bro Robot of Destruction (which could have been made a great and climatic battle, but wasn't), I get to choose between sacrificing a companion or myself to save the region... but can't tell Mr. Immune to Radiation or Mr. Fucking Regenerates via Radiation to flip the switch? Both of whom I have in my party?

Oh, wait, I could do that after buying a DLC. Thanks.

If ME3s ending was a slap in the face to gamers, Fallout 3 was the curbstomp.

FF7 had an ending.. and it was pretty simple, the planet wasn't turned into a giant crater and, for the most part, everyone escaped in one piece to go on about their lives.

Also do we really need to start comparing JRPG story structure and WRPG story structure concerning "choices"? They are rather vastly different creatures.. and Skyrim style character branching wasn't really all that big a thing with 1997 tech.

Obligatory "ME3 has the worst ending ever and the 'movie' is just going to feebly attempt to explain why it is the worst ending ever" statement.

I'd also argue that at least FF7 and GTA3 have endings, how many cliff-hanger endings for sequels that'll probably never get made to we have lying around these days.

Sylveria:
FF7 had an ending.. and it was pretty simple, the planet wasn't turned into a giant crater and, for the most part, everyone escaped in one piece to go on about their lives.

Also do we really need to start comparing JRPG story structure and WRPG story structure concerning "choices"? They are rather vastly different creatures.. and Skyrim style character branching wasn't really all that big a thing with 1997 tech.

Obligatory "ME3 has the worst ending ever and the 'movie' is just going to feebly attempt to explain why it is the worst ending ever" statement.

I'd also argue that at least FF7 and GTA3 have endings, how many cliff-hanger endings for sequels that'll probably never get made to we have lying around these days.

I think the point is that FFVII didn't really have an ending. It just stopped at a certain point and you didn't know what else happenned or what it all meant. I'll also point out that for a game to have the "worst ending ever" the story has to have started good. For an ending to be bad implies that it didn't do a good job of tying up the story and returning the player from an epic journey. FFVII did this and it did it spectacularly. From the half-way point onwards the story becomes more and more convoluted, it makes less and less sense and when everything is set up perfectly for some kind of cathartic conclusion it ends and you don't get to know anything else.

That is why it is the worst ending ever.

RatGouf:
I have to extremely disagree with everyone so far.

Worst video game ending ever goes to Duke Nuke Forever.

And I knew this after taking my blinders off from the rest of the story after it got to the end.

Nothing Duke Nukem does in the end vindicates what happened through out the game. And it ends in the same boss battle that was in the beginning in DNF. And even then that was the same boss battle from Duke Nukem 3D.

The whole game is basically the dumpster baby of director Michael Bay & current Deadpool writer Danial Way.

All of this crap it ends with Duke Nukem saying he'll run for president. Oh Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster. Duke Nukem as a presidential Nominee after this would be the worse idea ever.

If he were real & a Republican Nominee.

He may hypothetically have more money from his gambling success than any candidate with a Super Pac. But after DNF there's no chance he'd get the women's vote. Santorum, Gingrich, & Cain would have better luck with that. His emphasis on hating aliens may be taken as innuendo for hating foreigners. Especially with how much the DNF logo emphasized the US flag. Duke Nukem is so out of touch with today's voter that Mitt Romney would still be the front runner. And anyone who'd say they'd want to have a beer with Duke Nukem would have to settle for a shot glass of Wine Cooler. Because according to DNF Duke Nukem gets easily drunk on 1 beer.

Anyone can say that "Of course DNF was going to have a bad ending because the whole game was bad". But it was a bad game with an even worse ending. Duke Nukem ending the game while making fart noises with his armpit would have been a better ending than saying he'd run for president. Because in ending as it did I had to take my blinders off to what the rest of the DNF is.

A badly written, overly linear game, that couldn't outlive its previous installments even if it had tried.

In case you didn't notice,the discussion is about the ending, not the overall game.

Mass Effect's ending is still worse.
Chris, just wait till you finish Mass Effect 3, You'll change your tune.

Aeonknight:

burningdragoon:
That was some pretty masterful trolling in the topic. Ragging on ME3 fans and FF7 fans, awesome.

I thought the FFVII ending was fine :P

Yea... this strikes me as more of a flamebait episode. But you know what? I'm gonna nibble on it a bit.

FF7's ending was fine. The whole point of the "time skip" as people are calling it is to demonstrate that just because you beat the bad guy, the world doesn't go back to sunshine and rainbows where humanity can... keep destroying the planet like it has been with the way Shinra did things.

The point of the ending is that Holy's decision to let Meteor destroy Midgar (but not the rest of the world) was actually for the better. It was the "Go Green" before Go Green was a thing ending. And best of all, it was a different ending than every preceding FF game at that point in time. Advent Children gave FF7 an epilogue more than anything (and sadly that's when Square Enix caved to the notion that Cloud should be emo.)

That's only part of the problem. You don't get to know how the characters end up i.e. do Cloud and Tifa hook up? (I hope not.) Does Barret's daughter die? (Apparently she does). So much stuff is left unexplained. The last 10 hours are just horrible to play in general. Everything that happenned is basically left as "So am I real? I guess you are. Did Aeris save us? It is a possibility. Is Sephiroth dead? Who cares? Look 500 years later Midgar destroyed! Wat?"

Mikeyfell:

I wish FFVII had gotten the ending Mass Effect did.

Dementium: The Ward for the DS still has the worst ending of all time.

Revolutionaryloser:
In case you didn't notice,the discussion is about the ending, not the overall game.

Yeah and my point was had DNF had a better ending I would've kept my blinders on to how bad the rest of the game was.

With blinders on I would've told you that DNF has been the most challenging FPS that I played in a long time. Not something easier like Halo despite the fact they both have regenerating health bars.

(The rest here is just Off Topic.)

But then again DNF wasn't even the worst (FPS) game I bought that year. That still goes to Kill Zone 3 for having very dull characters & weapons. And yet that dull game had a better ending than DNF.

I know just about everyone is going to disagree with me on this. The only reason to why I kept DNF as long as I did is because GTA4 is an even worse game than DNF.

GTA4 has worse driving mechanics than DNF. Had a thing for strippers that were probably guys. Pointed out constantly that Roman is fat despite that Niko is fat too. You couldn't turn off the radio. Had the cell phone ring for trivial stuff like hanging out with NPCs. Only allowed you to own 2 vehicles. Easily arrested if the cop is close enough. And sent you to the hospital every time a mission failed.

GTA4's only redeeming quality is probably its online functionality. And if it didn't have that it may have been labeled worse than Driver 3.

But the day I sold DNF was the day I let go of the "popular opinion" that GTA4 is good & sold that too.

Zetatrain:

Warachia:

deth2munkies:

Fuck those 30 hours.

Well yeah that ending was bad because...well because that was meant to be the bad ending as opposed to the actual ending. Also, 30 hours?..really? Is that even possible, because my first playthrough was 100 hours though that was because I was set on doing EVERYTHING in that game.

I was originally going to say 40, because that was how long it took me to max out everyone's character relationships in Persona 4, and I forgot how long it took me to beat 3, and 100 hours? If I did that I would have set the game disc on fire after I beat it.
Another reason I said 30 is when you play JRPG's a lot like I do you get really efficient at it, and no, that IS the real ending, the bad ending is

So as we can see, there is no good ending, maybe there was in the expansion pack that I haven't played, because there is no way I am going to support the original game now.

RatGouf:

Revolutionaryloser:

Yeah and my point was had DNF had a better ending I would've kept my blinders on to how bad the rest of the game was.

With blinders on I would've told you that DNF has been the most challenging FPS that I played in a long time. Not something easier like Halo despite the fact they both have regenerating health bars.

(The rest here is just Off Topic.)

But then again DNF wasn't even the worst (FPS) game I bought that year. That still goes to Kill Zone 3 for having very dull characters & weapons. And yet that dull game had a better ending than DNF.

I know just about everyone is going to disagree with me on this. The only reason to why I kept DNF as long as I did is because GTA4 is an even worse game than DNF.

GTA4 has worse driving mechanics than DNF. Had a thing for strippers that were probably guys. Pointed out constantly that Roman is fat despite that Niko is fat too. You couldn't turn off the radio. Had the cell phone ring for trivial stuff like hanging out with NPCs. Only allowed you to own 2 vehicles. Easily arrested if the cop is close enough. And sent you to the hospital every time a mission failed.

GTA4's only redeeming quality is probably its online functionality. And if it didn't have that it may have been labeled worse than Driver 3.

But the day I sold DNF was the day I let go of the "popular opinion" that GTA4 is good & sold that too.

As has been pointed out before, for an ending to be bad, it has to fail to wrap up the story. The greater the story, the greater the potential failure of the ending. I haven't played DNF, but I'm guessing the story is nowhere near as complex or as compelling as FFVII and as such, the gut-wrenching feeling of disappointment and cosmic injustice that you could feel by experiencing the ending of DNF will never compare to what it felt like for anybody who played FFVII.

As for GTA IV. I understand where you are coming from. I think they sacrificed too much game in order to tell a story and as a result it's hardly a game at all, just an orchestrated simulation.

Every time someone mentions bad game endings the first, and worst in my opinion, will always be Dreamfall: The Longest journey.
The game had a decent ending and they could have cut the ending cinematic without losing all that much, but then it gave that twist at the ending.
It was an obvious grab at a sequel that never came.

Quick edit: Just found out that a sequel will come out later this year, so they still have the time to redeem themselves.

Revolutionaryloser:
As has been pointed out before, for an ending to be bad, it has to fail to wrap up the story. The greater the story, the greater the potential failure of the ending. I haven't played DNF, but I'm guessing the story is nowhere near as complex or as compelling as FFVII and as such, the gut-wrenching feeling of disappointment and cosmic injustice that you could feel by experiencing the ending of DNF will never compare to what it felt like for anybody who played FFVII.

As for GTA IV. I understand where you are coming from. I think they sacrificed too much game in order to tell a story and as a result it's hardly a game at all, just an orchestrated simulation.

So anything with a cliff hanger is a bad ending? Because cliff hangers always cause a story to never be truly wrapped up. And if it was about "Worst Video Game Wrap Up Ever" then FF7 wouldn't even qualify as it wasn't wrapped up.

Duke Nukem was my idol as a child via DN1&2. Then Duke Nukem got into the same stuff I was into during DN3D. My style as an adult has been based on Duke Nukem (with some other influence from Kevin Nash). I'm near the plausibility of cosplaying as Duke Nukem on a daily basis if I just made some more changes. So when it comes to gut wrenching I feel like a friend of mine turned into a real big buzz kill. To a certain extent I can't stand to wear jeans anymore with how bad DNF's ending is.

And at least you got Advent Children. What did Duke Nukem fans get prior to the release of DNF? The promise of a Duke Nukem movie that never came to fruition. And the website was even showing off merchandise it was going to sell once the movie was released. Like boots Duke Nukem wears. I wanted those boots so bad especially since my foot is size 13.

(Off Topic & Spoilers)

And if I were to apply your concept to comics for example Spider-Man. Spider-Man never truly wraps up his issues with Norman Osborn. In fact because of that Osborn eventually causes Dark Reign & The Siege Of Asgard. Now does Spider-Man wrap this up? Nope, Captain America does while Iron Man & Thor put an end to Sentry. And even then Osborn escapes a prison no one was supposed to find him in. Way to wrap things up Marvel, if anything ever gets wrapped up.

Warachia:

Zetatrain:

Warachia:

Fuck those 30 hours.

I was originally going to say 40, because that was how long it took me to max out everyone's character relationships in Persona 4, and I forgot how long it took me to beat 3, and 100 hours? If I did that I would have set the game disc on fire after I beat it.
Another reason I said 30 is when you play JRPG's a lot like I do you get really efficient at it, and no, that IS the real ending, the bad ending is

So as we can see, there is no good ending, maybe there was in the expansion pack that I haven't played, because there is no way I am going to support the original game now.

That's not what I saw

So unless we really did get different endings I don't really understand what was wrong with Persona 3's ending.

RatGouf:

Revolutionaryloser:

So anything with a cliff hanger is a bad ending? Because cliff hangers always cause a story to never be truly wrapped up. And if it was about "Worst Video Game Wrap Up Ever" then FF7 wouldn't even qualify as it wasn't wrapped up.

Duke Nukem was my idol as a child via DN1&2. Then Duke Nukem got into the same stuff I was into during DN3D. My style as an adult has been based on Duke Nukem (with some other influence from Kevin Nash). I'm near the plausibility of cosplaying as Duke Nukem on a daily basis if I just made some more changes. So when it comes to gut wrenching I feel like a friend of mine turned into a real big buzz kill. To a certain extent I can't stand to wear jeans anymore with how bad DNF's ending is.

And at least you got Advent Children. What did Duke Nukem fans get prior to the release of DNF? The promise of a Duke Nukem movie that never came to fruition. And the website was even showing off merchandise it was going to sell once the movie was released. Like boots Duke Nukem wears. I wanted those boots so bad especially since my foot is size 13.

(Off Topic & Spoilers)

And if I were to apply your concept to comics for example Spider-Man. Spider-Man never truly wraps up his issues with Norman Osborn. In fact because of that Osborn eventually causes Dark Reign & The Siege Of Asgard. Now does Spider-Man wrap this up? Nope, Captain America does while Iron Man & Thor put an end to Sentry. And even then Osborn escapes a prison no one was supposed to find him in. Way to wrap things up Marvel, if anything ever gets wrapped up.

I think you are still missing the point in a really big way. On a more important note, I think you have to find some better role models, for your own good.

Revolutionaryloser:

Mikeyfell:

I wish FFVII had gotten the ending Mass Effect did.

The funny thing is that you could slap Mass Effect 3's ending on any game and it would make exactly the same amount of sense.

I see a lot of people's "Worst endings ever" in this thread. I think lots of these people are more displeased with the abruptness of the ending rather then its quality.

ME 3's ending was not only abrupt and lacking in closure it was also completely unrelated to anything that happened in the series up to that point. (Not to mention it didn't make sense)

Warachia:

deth2munkies:

That's not what I saw

So unless we really did get different endings I don't really understand what was wrong with Persona 3's ending.

So I went and looked up the ending on youtube, and

which to me still sucks, but is better than I remember, although it still leaves me with the feeling of "If I had not ever played this game, nothing would be different" as everything just returns to the status quo at the end of the game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here