Feed Dump: Nightflight to Venus

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

idodo35:
btw was the coin actualy created by a 7 years old? because i wasnt sure if that part was a joke... and again this is the awsomest coin ever and i must have it!

Probably not a joke, although I can't find any official mention in the press release.

Still, if you are a designer working on new imaging techniques and asked your child for inspiration, you know there's a good chance "Dinosaur!" came up once or twice... ;)

Actually, I think Bethesda trademarked the phrase, which is distinct from copyright in several important ways. (And yes, I know too much about this crap for someone who isn't a lawyer.)

Thanks for identifying that dinosaur on the coin. I figured it wasn't a triceratops, but I couldn't think of the actual name.

I wonder how long it will be until someone's made a gif of Cam and Kathleen disco dancing.

And the US gets laughed at for its money.

anyway it should be noted before everyone creams themselves um... shares int he same excitement that Cam had, that these will be a limited production item selling for 29.99, and not something that everyone will be using like a regular quarter.

I heard about that, and to clarify:

It wasn't actually the pilot that dodged Venus, it was the Co-Pilot. The Pilot was asleep, (because they are allowed power naps due to how stressful their job is) and there was another plane coming at them... the other plane was just 800 feet below them. So the co-pilot was like "It's not 800 feet below us! It's coming right for us!" because he saw a very bright light ahead of him (see: Venus) and dove suddenly. The pilot woke up, and pulled the plane back up because his co-pilot is an idiot.

Incidentally, had the Pilot NOT pulled the plane up... they would have collided with the other plane.

I also heard about the murder free day as well :D

Ok I almost spit out my drink 2 times laughing at what Cam had said. God bless you guys

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.

The way Kathleen was dancing at the disco bit cracked me up so much.

redneck_ant:
dude, I just checked Ebay and some people are asking 50 or more canadian dollars for each of those dino quarters o_0

Why go to Ebay, when Canadian Mint has such a nice site of its own? There you can buy the quarter for the low low price of $29.95 CAD.

Don Reba:
Definitely, one of my favourite episodes.

DuelLadyS:
So, is this dino coin legal currency, or just a comemmorative? Becuase I'm greatly amused by the idea of people spending glow in the dark dinosaurs.

Also- time to start hoarding the Canadian pennies that turn up in my change!

It is legal currency, but it is larger than a normal quarter, so it won't work in a vending machine.

What? Why can't it be normal-size like all our other special coins?

217not237:

When you get there would you mind sending back a couple of dinosaur coins? And don't use Air Canada when you travel.

'nods'

Don Reba:

redneck_ant:
dude, I just checked Ebay and some people are asking 50 or more canadian dollars for each of those dino quarters o_0

Why go to Ebay, when Canadian Mint has such a nice site of its own? There you can buy the quarter for the low low price of $29.95 CAD.

Sweet- I was hoping for an offical link. Time to let my inner numismatist out! (Ok... not till payday...)

Captain: Venus is only 38 million kilometers away, that was a close miss we had there. Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!

Don Reba:

redneck_ant:

lower price indeed :) *lol*

"You can't spell manslaughter without laughter."

Once I realized that was true, I couldn't stop laughing.

Honestly, Kathleen and Cam make a great trio with Graham. Graham's the announcer, as usual, but Kathleen's enthusiasm bordering on insanity is hilarious when placed against Cam's stoic... slightly demented style.

Also, I want that dinosaur quarter.

One of your best dumps, Cam was brilliant and the news were particularly ridiculous! And, as all the others, I need that coin.

DuelLadyS:
So, is this dino coin legal currency, or just a comemmorative? Becuase I'm greatly amused by the idea of people spending glow in the dark dinosaurs.

Both actually.

Am I the only one who wants a animated GIF of Kathleens disco chair dance?
-just asking.

Draconalis:

It wasn't actually the pilot that dodged Venus, it was the Co-Pilot. The Pilot was asleep, (because they are allowed power naps due to how stressful their job is) and there was another plane coming at them... the other plane was just 800 feet below them. So the co-pilot was like "It's not 800 feet below us! It's coming right for us!" because he saw a very bright light ahead of him (see: Venus) and dove suddenly. The pilot woke up, and pulled the plane back up because his co-pilot is an idiot.

Incidentally, had the Pilot NOT pulled the plane up... they would have collided with the other plane.

I had thought that the co-pilot was the one that was asleep. That he had been asleep for nearly twice as long as was generally allowed, and when he woke up he freaked out and made the plane dive to avoid what he had thought was the other plane. Though, you got everything else right. Unless, I am making this up or they updated the story since I read about it.

Saltyk:

I had thought that the co-pilot was the one that was asleep. That he had been asleep for nearly twice as long as was generally allowed, and when he woke up he freaked out and made the plane dive to avoid what he had thought was the other plane. Though, you got everything else right. Unless, I am making this up or they updated the story since I read about it.

There's always the possability that they updated it since *I* heard about it. We'll never know...

"You could look it up..."

We'll never... ever... know...

Draconalis:

Saltyk:

There's always the possability that they updated it since *I* heard about it. We'll never know...

"You could look it up..."

We'll never... ever... know...

Look up information? On the internet? Who would do such a thing? Not I.

Cain_Zeros:

Don Reba:
It is legal currency, but it is larger than a normal quarter, so it won't work in a vending machine.

The other coloured coins there are also too large. Some coins are not even round, such as this $15 one:

Kathleen with that gun made me... nervous.

"You can't spell manslaughter, without laughter!"

Hilarious but nervous.

Don Reba:
Definitely, one of my favourite episodes.

DuelLadyS:

Also- time to start hoarding the Canadian pennies that turn up in my change!

Wait, so it isn't replacing the Canadian quarter entirely? I was so ready to move. Think of all the savings in lost quarters that would suddenly be found!

Hungry Donner:
I'm pretty opposed to posting in all caps, but I feel an exception is justified in this case.

CANADA, GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR DINO-QUARTERS!

US state quarters just seem so lame now.

ummm looking at Canadian money as a whole minus a dinosaur coin, Canadian money looks better than American money. and now that Canada is getting polymer monies, it will also last longer than American money.

CleverCover:

217not237:

When you get there would you mind sending back a couple of dinosaur coins? And don't use Air Canada when you travel.

'nods'

you only use air Canada as a last resort!
go with WestJet!

Next step is copyrighting Whar-gar-bal and then sit back and just watch those dino quarters pour in.

Saltyk:

Draconalis:

Yeah, the version I heard was that the pilot was flying as normal and the copilot was asleep (which is allowed). Then the copilot got woken up by a proximity alarm from the plane below (which was just a warning as they weren't close enough to be a problem), but still groggy from sleep he panicked and started a dive before the main pilot overrode again.

Which highlights two problems: (a) while it's ok for the pilots to nap, why are they allowed to do so right next to the controls? (b) why would the copilot seize control of the plane away from the pilot, when he didn't have enough information to make a safe decision for avoidance anyway (as he actually steered towards the other plane)?

Don Reba:

Cain_Zeros:

Don Reba:

The other coloured coins there are also too large. Some coins are not even round, such as this $15 one:

I've lived in Canada for 21 years and never seen that. But we have Winter Olympic coins to commemorate the fact that the got Canadians to make the ice for the Salt Lake Olympics and they stuck a coin at centre ice as some sort of good luck thing. And Remembrance Day quarters every year. And those are normal size.

WHAR-GAR-BAHL! Ah, Desert Bus... you were the perfect holiday treat.

Love this show, guys. Keep it up!

DVS BSTrD:
Gra-Gra Gra-ham Stark
Lov-er-of-La-dy-Kath-leen
It was a shame how you've carried ooooooooooooooon

Gra-Gra Gra-ham Stark
Internet's greatest love machine
There was i cat that really was gone~~ (switch with your line)
hey hey hey hey ...

You guys are great. *Backslash-land* You guys are getting better.
*Backslash-Longleftrightarrow*
This is a statement.

burningdragoon:
I want dinosaurs on my money :(

I second this motion, make it happen now :o

Raging coin boner right now. I wants

It doesn't really seem fair to rag on El Salvador like that. My home state of Arizona had about 400+ murders in 2010, and out population is equivalent to El Salvador. I don't know whether or not any of those days were murder free, but the statistical average for us is still more than 1 murder a day. Just saying.

I read an article about that coin...so awesome. props to Canada!

this week's Dump had me laughing throughout xD

Once again, Cam's deadpan delivery steals the episode.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here