Miracle of Sound: Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

A Mass Effect 3 inspired instrumental by Miracle of Sound.

Watch Video

Wow, I love it.

Just, wow

Sounded great, Gavin. Reminded me a lot of Pendulum.

Really impressive.

Loved it!!! :)

*Stands and applauds*

Truly superlative as always, Mr Dunne. Absolutely inspiring, and I'm loving some of the musical cues you've got here with the deep synth chords; a nod to 'Leaving Earth' from the soundtrack, I assume.

I kind of expected it to be terrible when I saw the name, but then I remembered who wrote it. Good job.

Those reaper noises were spot-on.
It really fit overall, so good job :D

(PS. REALLY wasn't expecting an instrumental so this one absolutely caught me off guard. Kudos to you, good sir)

Fantastic! A brilliant instrumental!

Why must you make us wait 2 weeks until we can buy it? :(

By the title, I thought that this was going to be a song about the ending, which would have made me angry because I'm sick about hearing about the god damn ending.

Pleasantly surprised, nay a word to be seen too and instead an instrumental that reminds me of all the hardships throughout the series, the work that we had to put in for the conclusion. Which then turned out to be all for naught, but shut up.

Excellent piece. Though the beginning reminded a lot of the music when you meet the plot vital character no-one likes at the end of Mass Effect 3. Was that intentional?

Calumon: I can't see! So much lens flare. DX

I like it a lot.
You did a good job of getting the Mass Effect feel in it, with the repeating synth riff hiding under the melody and, the other various cues that come up a lot in ME music.

I was disappointed at not hearing your familiar re-verb after the music started up, but now that I've seen the entire thing, I... take it back.

Didn't really remind me of Mass Effect but it was definitely a great song.

not what i expected, but was very good never the less. Thank you for your fine work please keep it up.

That was absolutely amazing. I was trying to get ready for work this morning, and I had to stop and just listen to the track. Absolutely... Amazing.

The ending was a little abrupt.

That was brilliant, Gav. I salute you sir! The Reaper inspired sounds were so well integrated. I dare say, heart pounding! And kudos to Justin Clouse (right?), the clips used were perfect for this instrumental.

Overall the song was great, but it really just didn't have what was promised, multiple endings. The song was just a mix of 3 different options, all of which result in more or less the same ending. I am therefore making a movement that demands Gavin Dunne remakes the ending for this song.

Also I'm suing Gavin for not keeping up with his promises.

EPIC!
But ending suck (jk haha).

I guess theres nothing left to add, everything that has been said about the trilogy or the ending has been done.

*single manly tear*

Fantastic work sir! I think you've nailed the vibe of the moment perfectly.

I'm a musician myself but I wish I had a quarter of the ability you have to express your ideas musically over such a vast soundscape... Dammit I need to learn the keyboard!

Dammit Gav, now I have to clean up my mess.
It's always painful waiting for these to come out on itunes.

To all those who said the ending suck, I got a solution. Ten seconds before you hit the end, draw the small progress bar back to start. Problem, solved.

Jynthor:
Didn't really remind me of Mass Effect but it was definitely a great song.

This basically - doesnt detract from how good the song is though.

Also, the first custom male Shepard Ive ever seen that doesnt look either horribly grotesque or like an absolute tool. Commendable in itself :D

Don Reba:

10 says that was the point!

Inspired by ME3? Does that mean at the end you take a fart into the mic?

Nikolaz72:
To all those who said the ending suck, I got a solution. Ten seconds before you hit the end, draw the small progress bar back to start. Problem, solved.

Once Gav releases it to buy I'm just going to loop it just before the ending 10 times so it's 40odd minutes of epic epicness.

So here I am enjoying a nice slow piece, when 0:45 cuts in and just BLOWS ME AWAY...The transition to it was great...It just brings in that triumphant feeling and I have a feeling this will be looping on my computer for awhile...

Bravo Mr Dunne, bravo!

Lovely. All your Mass Effect inspired work has been... erm... inspired. Damnit.

The "reaper noise" nods and the abrupt ending sealed the deal for me, great job.

MiracleOfSound:
Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

A Mass Effect 3 inspired instrumental by Miracle of Sound.

Watch Video

Cool stuff in there!

(One musician to another, what tools do you use for your production? I've been so busy with teaching over the past few years that my writing has really slipped, and I don't have the same live-performance forces available to me where I live. I'd love to get back to writing music, but I also want to hear it. I'm a bit rusty on software, etc., to make that happen.)

TimeLord:
Fantastic! A brilliant instrumental!

Why must you make us wait 2 weeks until we can buy it? :(

It'll be on Bandcamp tomorrow :)

Don Reba:

Stop being so entitled. ;)

MiracleOfSound:

Don Reba:

Stop being so entitled. ;)

LOL!

This was one seriously epic piece of music. Next time I play Mass Effect 3 all the way through I shall close my eyes and play this at the end instead. There's no better ending than that.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here