Miracle of Sound: Crucible (Mass Effect 3)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Just amazing. As someone who never got into Mass Effect and didn't like Skyrim, I have to say how impressed I am at your ability to make me connect with the songs you make about them.

MiracleOfSound:

TimeLord:
Fantastic! A brilliant instrumental!

Why must you make us wait 2 weeks until we can buy it? :(

It'll be on Bandcamp tomorrow :)

It had better be. I need it.

I love strong instrumental pieces, and this one has it all - peace, sadness, loss, defiance, war and power. Completely unexpected, and all the greater for it.
My friend, you've outdone yourself. Congratulations. :D

I loved 99% of it.

A fantastic song for a fantastic game that had a fantastic ending!
This is the perfect logical extension of Mass Effect's music into a film score style.

Anyone that this doesn't immediately remind of Mass Effect must not know a lot about the game or music or both.

I really expected the last 10-15 seconds to be shit.
But anyway, great song!

No big fan of instrumentals, but it certainly was good. Felt very big and epic, the video fits.

MiracleOfSound:

TimeLord:
Fantastic! A brilliant instrumental!

Why must you make us wait 2 weeks until we can buy it? :(

It'll be on Bandcamp tomorrow :)

hooray!
guess I'll have to hit the replay button until then...

MiracleOfSound:

Don Reba:
The ending was a little abrupt.

Stop being so entitled. ;)

No! You just don't understand! I'm reporting you to the FTC for not making what I want!

Sonicron:
[

I love strong instrumental pieces, and this one has it all - peace, sadness, loss, defiance, war and power. Completely unexpected, and all the greater for it.
My friend, you've outdone yourself. Congratulations. :D

Thanks dude. ME is an inspiring series :)

trollpwner:

No! You just don't understand! I'm reporting you to the FTC for not making what I want!

Speculation for everyone!

MiracleOfSound:

Yes! Speculation theory! It all makes sense now! You're going to release a better song as DLC! Oh wait, you're not evil.

trollpwner:

MiracleOfSound:

Yes! Speculation theory! It all makes sense now! You're going to release a better song as DLC! Oh wait, you're not evil.

Bioware aren't evil. They're good people :) I genuinely still have faith that they'll do their best to make the fans happy.

Why wasn't this in the game itself? Really, I suddenly imagined this being as one of the final songs being played out as the fleets join together to tackle the Reapers. Would of made hope stand out, as in... hope is there! Hope and will power are flowing through the races as they help Shepard take Earth back!!

W00T!! So playing this when I reach near that ending again. Yet... won't complete ME3 for reasons given ;)

EDIT: In case my post wasn't clear- your song was just epic. Got me wanting some action again in the series. It was that good.

MiracleOfSound:

Bioware aren't evil. They're good people :) I genuinely still have faith that they'll do their best to make the fans happy.

Hang on, I've got a call coming for you:

EA:

Your faith in your friends is your weakness!

Another wonderful musical number.

I'm guessing that this Mass Effect song was an instrumental because otherwise it would have just been a stream of curses about how the ending sucked?

Also, I lol'ed a bit when the credits stated you wrote the lyrics to this.

Jack and Calumon:
By the title, I thought that this was going to be a song about the ending, which would have made me angry because I'm sick about hearing about the god damn ending.

Pleasantly surprised, nay a word to be seen too and instead an instrumental that reminds me of all the hardships throughout the series, the work that we had to put in for the conclusion. Which then turned out to be all for naught, but shut up.

Excellent piece. Though the beginning reminded a lot of the music when you meet the plot vital character no-one likes at the end of Mass Effect 3. Was that intentional?

Calumon: I can't see! So much lens flare. DX

Likewise, I would have enjoyed this song much much more if it wasn't for the sheer amount of fans raging about the bloody ending.

Good work Gav and as always, can't wait to see what you come up with next. :D

Great work man, really great.

But to get that really authentic Mass Effect 3 feel you need to make 8 versions of that video with a slightly different colour filter on each of them :P

Beautiful. Really felt Mass Effect in it. Just love it.

Great music, Gavin. I love how you ended it just as the game itself, with no real ending. Very "meta".

Wow good job Gavin, this song persuaded me to now go and buy your stuff...cause its awesome...and i finally got my paycheck

With each song that comes out I only get more and more excited about level 2
or whatever you plan to call the second album

I might need to buy this one early, I can't think of a better song to have playing during the climax of my D&D campaign.

Ohhhhh I see what you did with the ending!

I love what you did with this piece. I especially like how the reaper noises start low and grow more and more powerful the closer you get to the ending until that's basically all you hear. Very good representation.

I haven't listened to it yet (I will do later), but I predict it'll be utterly amazing but then the last 10% will be so mind-blowingly awful that it sours your view of the whole song.

That ending was TERRIBLE!

That's it, im sending cupcakes in protest!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT: ;) Gavin, i commend your decision to leave the ending "unfinished" as compared to "bad" like everyone expected. I emediantly got the feeling of "There's more" when it ended. Hope it was intentional.

Damn, that was all kinds of awesome.

*hits replay*

Really great instrumental.
Thanks once again!

What an epic journey this song is!

I find the lack of Garrus in this video disturbing, calibrations or no calibrations.

All joking aside, I certainly won't turn down anything Mass Effect related! This being an instrumental also threw me off, but in a good way! Liked the ending, feels like someone running away from a Reaper that keeps coming closer...and closer...and closer...until something happens.

I also get a weird vibe of the camera panning up to a supposed dead person and then their eyes suddenly just open in a creepy/dramatic fashion. Don't know why though. Lol.

Anyways, thanks for music Gav! Great job as always!

Just realizes something. To get the Crucible to that position, they would have needed to fly it through (or around) the massive battle, then position it just right so it'd link up and not fall on to Earth.

Just seems like a roundabout way of doing it.

Anyway, amazing song. Can't wait for songs about the PS3 games you're playing :)

Very nice instrumental. String arrangement was really good and the guitar and subtle vocals complemented it nicely I thought. The reaper effect and the abrubt ending put me in mind of a Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds feeling. Great work Gav.

You did some really nice work with this one, but I think you should have ended it with the ending to your Deus Ex song. As a tribute to ME3's ending.

it was beautiful

TimeLord:

Don Reba:
The ending was a little abrupt.

10 says that was the point!

Ferrious:

The "reaper noise" nods and the abrupt ending sealed the deal for me, great job.

Indeed, the music ended where the game stopped being awesome. When I first listened to it I thought "hey, did I miss something?" and went back to check. Then I realized that in addition to being excellent in it's own right it was marvelous satire as well.

Holy shit. Whenever Bioware starts making the next ME universe game, I think we know the composer to turn to.

Seriously, that was better than a lot of the games' actual soundtracks.

MiracleOfSound:

trollpwner:

MiracleOfSound:

I'm really glad to see people say things like these, especially when it's someone like you, Gavin. It's okay for people to not like the ending, but it's not okay for people to call Bioware evil, that they should be fired, or that they lied, etc. I feel like the game series as a whole is evidence that they care very much about their fans. They included the option to import your character from the previous game, which became one of the most important features of the series, and really tried to listen to what the fans wanted gameplay and leveling-wise. I hope we can move on to joking about the ending now, and that the rage will subside.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here