Trailers: God of War: Ascension - Announcement Trailer

uh huh .....

i have to say, it was less interesting then i thought it be, it'd be a 'pass' if i still had a PS3

Hmm... since the story is wrapped up, we are doing an "origins" story? Even though Kratos' background has been explained in-game?
Ok, I'll play along, but this just feels like a cash grab to me

So this is between his deal with ares and when he renounced him then. Seems fairly pointless

Is the story of a God of War game really that relevant anymore?

Anyway i think theres one thing we can expect a GoW to deliver in spades.

Okay so what the fuck is this going to be about?

Yes because before his wife died he wasn't a miserable misanthropic asshole with blades attached to chains.

Just make a new character. Anything. There are literally dozens of war gods in the old faiths of the world. Pick one and create a new story.

Need to find a new creative spin on this series..

hmm..

Goddess of War? O_o

antipunt:
Need to find a new creative spin on this series..

hmm..

Goddess of War? O_o

No thanks, I've already played Heavenly Sword.

General reaction on Internet seems to be pretty meh...

It sure looks like Kratos is being milked away for all his worth.

Really by this point we should be trying to kill kratos, I mean he is much more villainous then most bad guys in games.

Dear gods... as if the previous prequels they shoe-horned in on PSP didn't add enough stretch marks to the storyline, another damn prequel? Enough already. Let Kratos go gracefully, please!

I kinda wants. SCE Santa Monica Studio does take advantage of the PS3 more then most developers so I look forward to it.

Kratos is also always good for a laugh.

Triaed:
Hmm... since the story is wrapped up, we are doing an "origins" story? Even though Kratos' background has been explained in-game?

Maybe it'll be about Kratos's childhood, his awkward teenage years, and his education at Spartan University

majoring in being a Spartan.

mysecondlife:

Triaed:

Maybe it'll be about Kratos's childhood, his awkward teenage years, and his education at Spartan University

Though he has some pretty terrible marks for 'Human Empathy'.

Seriously though, that post made my day.

Capcha: "you win". Seriously.

Triaed:

Doing the same thing with Dante in Devil May Cry. Really, DmC3 was as much of an origin story as anyone needed. :\

Worgen:
Really by this point we should be trying to kill kratos, I mean he is much more villainous then most bad guys in games.

I think that could be awesome. You're like a Roman Legionnaire and you realize that all of the Roman gods are just Kratos fucking with Roma - So he will try and kill Kratos himself.

mysecondlife:

Triaed:

Doubtful - I don't think Sony would allow for explicit sodomy in its games.

On topic: This fills me with a big feeling of "meh". Unless they really do something new and fresh with the gameplay, I'll probably pass. In me eyes, Kratos' story has been completely told and it doesn't need any more padding.

I love the God of War games, but I can honestly say I have no interest in continuing the series. Oh, and I wanna leave this here cause it's related and awesome.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here