Trailers: Battleship: The Videogame - Gameplay Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Battleship: The Videogame - Gameplay Trailer

Today I learned that I had been playing Battleship all wrong.

Watch Video

Finally a reboot that makes less sense than even X-COM.

Looks like a bad combination of Halo and Cod in the extreme badness of a movie game. Interesting choice.

I'm looking forward to the video game adaptation of Chess starring a lone pawn fighting against the unstoppable Red Army in order to avenge his fallen comrades, their lives senselessly thrown away in order to delay the elite Rook troopers.

This is so sad...

/yawn

Do we really need this?

'...unconventional gameplay' You use that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

...what? Why is that called Battleship? And how far are things allowed to stray from the original property before they can't use the name anymore?

Irony thy name is...

Why must this be.

In the Era of missile warfare, ships will fight within punting distance of a football.

B5
you sunk my battleship.

Hey, let's make a videogame tie-in to a movie based on a boardgame. We can make it an FPS!

Brilliantly idiotic.

This has some of the funniest and most clearly out-of-context quotes I've seen misused in a manipulative advertisment in a while. Kudos you shameless, un-wanted, cheap piece of tat.

battleship: the move: the game: the fps...

Oh...

It's a first person shooter...

I can't wait to see Jenga adapted into a movie with all the dubstep sound effects and cheap CGI explosions the mind can handle! Michael Bay, I'm looking at you!

But seriously this needs to die.

Seriously, someone get me out of here. That was bad. Like really, really bad. Just absolutely fucking horrible and it should be destroyed.

So let me get this straight: You took a strategy-like board game about naval warfare, turned it into a movie with Rhianna involving aliens, and now you're taking that already idiotic transformation and applying it to a first person shooter, making it even less rocognizable?

Please make it stop.

Edit: After much consideration, I'm going to say this: Turning the Doctor into a pony, dropping him in Equestria, and making his companion Ditzy Doo makes more sense than turning a board game like Battlefield into a crappy movie about aliens while making a shitty FPS around it.

Hal10k:
I'm looking forward to the video game adaptation of Chess starring a lone pawn fighting against the unstoppable Red Army in order to avenge his fallen comrades, their lives senselessly thrown away in order to delay the elite Rook troopers.

... I'd watch that. >_> What? That sounds AWESOME! Granted it's currently 5 in the morning, so I might change my mind.

I don't know what'd be more tragic, if this just turns out to be a shit game that makes a bunch of money, or a genuinely good game with some talent behind it marred by the practice of IP whoring.

HALO: WITH BOATS!

The trailer and premise (not to mention a few of the "acting" choices) for the actual movie looked dick shrinkingly god awful, I cant imagine this being any better to be honest.

"Unconventional."

Generic fps gameplay + two steps from hell.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. . . . nope.

i like how all of the reviews don't say it's good, they just say "er... this is interesting"

I'm still letting it sink in...

Okay, ready.

Honestly, why don't you just put out a regular Battleship game on Xbox Live arcade, and tie it into the movie cheaply by having one side be aliens? At least you're banking off of a sure fire system, instead of copying Call of Duty- ohwait.

It looks interesting. That trailer didn't really choose the best footage of game play to show off, as in it picked footage that maybe it shouldn't have.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/naval-war-arctic-circle

http://store.steampowered.com/app/11260 <- pacific storm allies

both more battleship than battleship the game

ive been thinking a bit about this and i wonder what the game was meant to be beforte the team got told make it a tie in

this looks so brilliant. a game based of a movie of a board game.
first it looked like cryses, then it looked more like a colorless version of halo with COD.

what will be next? a shooter of a chess game and later then, they will make a movie of the shooter chess game???

Which version of the board-game do I buy to see Marines leaving my battleship and rifle-butting the enemy?

they'd rather shooting themselves in the foot by releasing this for the US release, no one from outside the US will want to buy a game for a movie like this that nearly a month old.

So why does this exist?

Because Hollywood has gotten it into its head that we can strike out and do anything not tied to something already. But here is what really makes my head hurt:

You take a board game that has no inherent plot, and make a movie out of it. You must have had to come up with the plot... so why not just make a crap action film? Your standard amount of movie goers might see it.

And why do companies continue to make crappy movie tie-in games? Has this ever been executed gracefully?

'An unconventional first person shooter' that somehow follows convention to the fucking letter?
Looks like a completely bland and generic FPS which panders to Michael Bays power fantasies.

Yeah, will not be touching.

The game, based on the film, based on the game...oh boy

F'Angus:
Th game, based on the film, based on the game...oh boy

If they make a movie based on that game, do we get a black hole?

the abyss gazes also:

F'Angus:
Th game, based on the film, based on the game...oh boy

If they make a movie based on that game, do we get a black hole?

And we'd all get sucked into an abyss of bad acting and terrible plots! They must be stopped!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here