Trailers: Torchlight 2 - Cinematic Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Torchlight 2 - Cinematic Trailer

Take a peek at the opening cinematic for Torchlight 2.

Watch Video

Sweet juicy Appalachian Almonds...
I can't wait for this game. First one was awesome, and number 2 looks doubly better.
Why?
Co-op. That's why.

Sign me up!

Noooooo not Syd. well at least the warrior (whatever name they choose to give him) survived.

That trailer was quite, quite bad. The animation style was out right irritating.

Still, looken forward to TL2 :D

After countless delays Torchlight 2 Episode 3 is finally made I hope it was worth the wait. No seriously I hope it'll be worth the wait cause the I am saving myself like a virgin for this game (NO LEGEND OF GRIMROCK DOES NOT COUNT!). So what they are actually saying is all the Charackters we leveled up until 99 are not good enough to beat that clown. Also they say Alchemist is weak in mind, sorcceres is not strong enough and Baberrian is a coward. At least they killed no animal companions.

Can't wait for this game. The first Torchlight was epic. Pity about Syd but at least Ving Rhames survived.

Holy crap that was great. I looked, and especially sounded, amazing!

The sounds were just great.

Did I mention the sounds?

I can't wait for Torchlight 2. First one was great, and this one is shaping up to be fantastic. I still don't understand why most people are looking forward to Diablo 3 and not this after Diablo 3 pretty much screwed PC gamers in the ass with excluding the features that PC gamers expect from such a game. It won't even support LAN for fuck sake and it requires always on DRM! Torchlight 2 on the other hand supports all the features PC gamers love and care about.

There are but a few things I'd love more than to see Torchlight 2 outsell Diablo 3. Among them are demise of EA, fixing ME3 ending and sex with Scarlett Johansson.

Looking so good. I can't wait. It won't trounce Diablo 3, though it probably should from what I've seen, but the developer is making all the right choices with it so I hope it at least takes a solid bite out of D3's potential player base.

Nice, the P.O.V character never even got to have a go at him. Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaal Heroic.

Adam Jensen:
I can't wait for Torchlight 2. First one was great, and this one is shaping up to be fantastic. I still don't understand why most people are looking forward to Diablo 3 and not this after Diablo 3 pretty much screwed PC gamers in the ass with excluding the features that PC gamers expect from such a game. It won't even support LAN for fuck sake and it requires always on DRM! Torchlight 2 on the other hand supports all the features PC gamers love and care about.

There are but a few things I'd love more than to see Torchlight 2 outsell Diablo 3. Among them are demise of EA, fixing ME3 ending and sex with Scarlett Johansson.

^^^^THIS^^^^^ except sub Scarlet for Lzzy Hale.

I won't be buying D3, because my internet is goofy at the best of times, so forget playing longer than an hour at any given time. I liked Torchlight, and they only improved on it.

Adam Jensen:

I have talked to more people that are excited about Torchlight 2 more so than Diablo 3.

I am really looking forward to it, I don't plan on purchasing D3 when I can have T2

Not sure what to make of the trailer. It seems like it switched to first person then to third person and the cuts between the two wasn't clear.
The narrative wasn't clear either.
Animation felt jaunty in some places.
I will still buy the game and I enjoyed the first, just this trailer is very, confusing.

so... everything i had done in TL1 was in vain T_T... the village falls and the heroes die.

This is getting as dark (er even darker) than a Diablo-ish storyline 0_0

This animation style reminds me of Samurai Jack which isn't really a bad thing, funnily enough despite how silly it might look... it still looks much better than "Diablo" III. After playing the BETA for the short time the always on DRM allowed me to, I wasn't very impressed. The skill system is boring, ridiculously watered down and there isn't enough variety. The game pretty much forces you to play the character a specific way, instead of letting you build your own with unique abilities. Why even let the Demon Hunter use melee weapons if they're restricted to ranged weapons/attacks? And why the hell is she wearing high heels!?

-sigh-

... I really miss my Assassin.

Everything about it just feels like they're trying way too hard to make it feel like Diablo, but it just completely falls flat on almost every aspect. It feels more like a slightly darker WoW with a pseudo single-player component.

Torchlight feels much more like Diablo than Diablo III does at the moment... and it won't cost $60 for a game I can't play if I have no internet connection, or if Blizzard's servers crap out(see current situation with the limited open BETA).

shimyia:
so... everything i had done in TL1 was in vain T_T... the village falls and the heroes die.

Look on the bright side. At least it didn't string you along for three games, and crush everything you loved about the franchise in less than ten minutes.

I just hope tl2 is less shit than tl1 with its hopelessly broken endgame and pretty much nonexistent "skill trees".
I see no point in pouring days into a game if the carrot at the end of the stick is to see the game crashing under its own, poorly constructed weight.
I also hope they make pets a bit more involved than "spend hours doing some shitty minigame to get fish, feed fish to dog, your dog is now a spider for x minutes but we won't tell you about the special abilities and stats of spiders or anything. Whoop dee doo".

As for this trailer thing, for some reason the eyes of the sorceress grabbed my attention because they were shitty wannabe-animu-eyes.
Shoulda gone with mono-colored charcoal eyes like the warrior had, those are less irritating to me.
Oh well, not like this isn't something that will almost always be skipped in the game anyway.

Funny how everything announced about this genre has at least one or two people crying about D3's DRM,every single time. Seriously now?

I live in a,practically,soon to be 3d world country and I got a sustained internet connection. If you don't while living anywhere else in the US and the EU, then you are the ones doing something wrong,not blizzard. Contact your provider company instead and stop trying to find excuses. This is not what D3 has screwed up,there are countless more reasons to worry and complain about it and they are much more valid.
(the above statement excludes those who travel a lot and have other reasons not to have a stable internet connection)

In anyway, it doesn't seem that T2 has improved anything and the classes don't attract me at all personally. I don't think I will be giving it a try.

I will only give D3 a try due to the annual pass of WoW,which I've already quit,but in both cases I'd pay 60 euros,since I got 6 months left on it,so I'll just save myself some trouble. I'm almost sure that it will be a fail though. Activision's economical politics have completely downgraded blizzard's games by a lot.

The only thing I'm waiting for is Path of Exile. It seems to being some new ideas,although the lower budget might be a critical parameter on whether it will be a success and might not make it to be a real surprise.

Well that was... Generic.

That was a terrible cinematic.

I had high hopes for this game...

StriderShinryu:
Looking so good. I can't wait. It won't trounce Diablo 3, though it probably should from what I've seen, but the developer is making all the right choices with it so I hope it at least takes a solid bite out of D3's potential player base.

It won't touch Diablo. Diablo is a legend. Gamers need to realize that SC, WoW, and Diablo are just going to be around and popular for a while longer.

Aposthebest:
Funny how everything announced about this genre has at least one or two people crying about D3's DRM,every single time. Seriously now?

I can't speak for everyone, but for me the stability of my internet is irrelevant to the argument of Online DRM. The question that no one will answer is what happens to my game in 10-15 years? I can still play Baldur's Gate because I have my disks, and Diablo 2 is perfectly functional in single player and LAN play without ever talking to Blizzard's servers. There will come a time in the future where Diablo 3 will not be allowed to run, and Diablo 2 will.

To each their own, but I would never tell my fellow PC gamers to throw $60 at a game they won't be able to play every time in their lives that they feel like it. There's other, usually cheaper games that won't pull that shit on their customers.

And when Diablo 3 comes tapping on my shoulder I'll be saying "Huh? Oh it's you, not right now, I'm busy."

Nautical Honors Society:
It won't touch Diablo. Diablo is a legend. Gamers need to realize that SC, WoW, and Diablo are just going to be around and popular for a while longer.

Diablo 3 will sell better, no question.
Diablo 3 is a worse game than Torchlight 1.

Why? Well I played the open beta this weekend. My wife was streaming content over the net to our TV. The game LAGGED. I was playing singleplayer, and the game LAGGED. I played and got lag from THEIR servers too. Lag. Playing by myself: Lag. Not 'Your computer is shitty' lag. Internet lag. And I have 25 mpbs internet.

I also got 'timed out' requests when trying to pick my character.

Also: The skill tree sucks and the combat is severely limited.

Diablo 3 will sell better, but only by brand name alone. The game itself is embarrassing.

Signa:

Aposthebest:

I can't speak for everyone, but for me the stability of my internet is irrelevant to the argument of Online DRM. The question that no one will answer is what happens to my game in 10-15 years? I can still play Baldur's Gate because I have my disks, and Diablo 2 is perfectly functional in single player and LAN play without ever talking to Blizzard's servers. There will come a time in the future where Diablo 3 will not be allowed to run, and Diablo 2 will.

To each their own, but I would never tell my fellow PC gamers to throw $60 at a game they won't be able to play every time in their lives that they feel like it. There's other, usually cheaper games that won't pull that shit on their customers.

Diablo 2 servers are still up and going after what,10-11 years? We don't know how things will end up. After all,a single patch can solve the DRM issue if they decide that it's not proffitable anymore to keep the servers going.

And I mean,seriously, people have managed to put stress on companies after crying about a bad ending (*cough* *cough*), not even for demanding to actually be able to play the game. So,ye...I'd personally worry whether the game itself would actually last that long.

Ouch. That trailer was neither informative of particularly exciting. On pure cinematics, Diablo III's trailers are much better.

Excited to play both.

I really don't think it's fair to judge D3's server reliability with an open beta.
Nor the entire game on just a part of an act.

Aposthebest:

Signa:

Aposthebest:

Diablo 2 servers are still up and going after what,10-11 years? We don't know how things will end up. After all,a single patch can solve the DRM issue if they decide that it's not proffitable anymore to keep the servers going.

And I mean,seriously, people have managed to put stress on companies after crying about a bad ending (*cough* *cough*), not even for demanding to actually be able to play the game. So,ye...I'd personally worry whether the game itself would actually last that long.

Yes, but the Halo 2 servers have been down for a few years already. Obviously, it's a case-by-case matter. My point still stands that features of the games you buy with your hard-earned cash may not be around for as long as you'd like. No other medium does this, because I can still watch my VHS tapes and play CDs if I really want to.

sweet that was great!

now any news at all on a possible release window?

Baby Tea:

Nautical Honors Society:

Diablo 3 will sell better, no question.
Diablo 3 is a worse game than Torchlight 1.

Why? Well I played the open beta this weekend. My wife was streaming content over the net to our TV. The game LAGGED. I was playing singleplayer, and the game LAGGED. I played and got lag from THEIR servers too. Lag. Playing by myself: Lag. Not 'Your computer is shitty' lag. Internet lag. And I have 25 mpbs internet.

I also got 'timed out' requests when trying to pick my character.

Also: The skill tree sucks and the combat is severely limited.

Diablo 3 will sell better, but only by brand name alone. The game itself is embarrassing.

Blizzard has very stable servers, I have almost never experienced lag on their end when in WoW or SC2, and I can't imagine why D3 would be any different. The D3 beta server(s) were simply not meant to handle the sudden flood of new players.

You should also note that D3 will sell much better because it is released earlier than TL2.

Well this looks... What's the word. Oh right:
Bad.

We'll see TL2, we'll see, but after the first game it's hard to forgive you existing.

Cannot wait to co-op this with my buddy. We both loved the first one, and this new mouse needs some breaking in--gotta get it's clicks up to speed.

Amazon says 3rd july.

Oh, it was being serious. I spent that whole video expecting some kind of Deathspank-style joke.

Also, getting flashbacks of Shank. Is this made by the same people or something?

I loved the first one for the most part(there were a few small things that bugged me to no end) and the next one will hopefully be better. The only problem I can see having with the next Torchlight is waiting for to become available for the 360 so that I can actually play it. B(

That animation style.

Well, at least the game has almost no way of being worse than its trailer.

Wow, they really did go overboard with that trailer. Amazing CGI. Fantastic sound effects and a gripping intro to the next part...

*cough*

Okay, I couldn't say that with a straight face. Man, that trailer is bad!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here