Unskippable: Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Part One

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Part One

The further adventures of Blandy McBlanderson and his friends with swords.

Watch Video

Every time you guys reference Myst, I clap my hands and bounce around in my chair.

wow Desmond looks different in each Assassin's Creed game

I need to buy revelations

The Gentleman:

To be fair, Desmond and Lucy never quite got to the relationship stage before she got killed.

Mstrswrd:

The Gentleman:

To be fair, Desmond and Lucy never quite got to the relationship stage before she got killed.

It's not entirely clear she's dead. You have a good ten minutes to bleed out from the abdomen (baring an artery nick) before you dies from blood loss.

Plus, she was definitely the default romantic interest of the game. Development means nothing in this world...

I was really surprised when Subject 16 didn't betray me at the end.

Wait, what? I thought everyone wanted to wake up to the dulcet tones of Q.

And yeah, Desmond certainly does look stranger in this game, I think an alternate universe-Evil Desmond would be a decent explanation.

shrekfan246:
Wait, what? I thought everyone wanted to wake up to the dulcet tones of Q.

And yeah, Desmond certainly does look stranger in this game, I think an alternate universe-Evil Desmond would be a decent explanation.

Of course, everyone wants to hear the voice of Dis- I mean, Q...

The Gentleman:

They do address it later.

You guys are right. I would be pretty sarcastic if I was trapped in a computer forever.

The Gentleman:

Mstrswrd:

The Gentleman:

It's not entirely clear she's dead. You have a good ten minutes to bleed out from the abdomen (baring an artery nick) before you dies from blood loss.

Plus, she was definitely the default romantic interest of the game. Development means nothing in this world...

It's stated explicitly later in the game that she died.

SlightlyEvil:

The Gentleman:

Mstrswrd:

THANKS FOR RUINING THE GAME FOR ME...

Eh... at least something interesting happened between them...

I'm much more of a fan of white hoodie Desmond.

The black version seems like a needlessly cliché mourning nod to Lucy.

I'm still trying to trudge my way through the first AC, since people tell me 2 is much better. I knew this video would probably ruin something from any of the preceding three games, and I still watched it. That's how much I love this series. You're welcome.

[/quote]

So you buy the DLC to find out the truth about Lucy

TheBobmus:

or an attempt to get AC fans to buy to replica hoodies![quote="The Gentleman" post="6.372657.14380710"]

I mock, but I've bought the DLC and the hoodie!

The Gentleman:

SlightlyEvil:

The Gentleman:

THANKS FOR RUINING THE GAME FOR ME...

Eh... at least something interesting happened between them...

Main character coming off as a blob with no personality to speak of? Why not try all-new GIRLFRIEND-MURDERTM? Yes, GIRLFRIEND-MURDERTM is specifically designed to get your fanbase mildly interested in what turns out to be the main character of the series. If you don't see results in 4-6 games, just send it back; we offer a full-retcon guarantee. (Note: Warranty is render invalid if you make a game with an Aboriginal badass.)

On topic, "Basic physics"? While I'm not employed at CERN, I'm fairly certain 'giant floating monoliths' do not come under that heading.

Ok I haven't been playing the Assassin's Creed games, so who the hell was that? No, not Desmond, I know who Desmond is, I mean the other guy.

Also yeah, waking up to the voice of John De Lanci is never a good sign.

canadamus_prime:
Ok I haven't been playing the Assassin's Creed games, so who the hell was that? No, not Desmond, I know who Desmond is, I mean the other guy.

Also yeah, waking up to the voice of John De Lanci is never a good sign.

It's 16 - if you haven't been playing the games that probably doesn't mean much but here:

This only confirms my theory that the assassins are the real bad guys in Assassins Creed and the Templar are just the same sort of thing with worse PR

Where else would he be, if not in the Animus? He's on a tiny island with rocks floating off in the distance and objects and people digitizing in and out. Maybe the matrix? But that's one hell of a crossover story.

The Gentleman:

Well, if she's not dead, the funeral they discuss in AC:R is gonna be a bitch, man. Of course, that whole "no, it's not the girl next to you" bit at the end of Brotherhood, shortly before the bit with the stabbing didn't leave much room for her to be around and helping.

TheBobmus:

I remember quite clearly that he was in a white hoodie at the end. He's only in black because Animus. The real body was in a white hoodie.

Uh... subtitles?

newdarkcloud:

TheBobmus:

I remember quite clearly that he was in a white hoodie at the end. He's only in black because Animus. The real body was in a white hoodie.

Indeed he was, I simply misremembered. Thanks for the correction.

There's one way to help ensure Desmond survives, take off his hoodie!
Also, a changing captcha? WTF escapist? Which one do you want me to put in?

That was John De Lancie? That's neat I suppose. But it would be better if Q popped in and out of the animus with a snap of his fingers.

I never actually played this one or Brotherhood but Yahtzee was right about Desmond looking more and more like Adam Sandler. Also...that walking cutscene towards the end looked really, really bad to me. Wooden and, completely phones in, like one of the conversations from Knights of the Old Republic only you can see both parties instead of one face at a time.

I was considering whether to read the comments or not for fear of spoilers but I guess if I really cared about it I would have finished the game by now. At least this way I get an off chance of reading a pun.

Shoggoth2588:
I never actually played this one or Brotherhood but Yahtzee was right about Desmond looking more and more like Adam Sandler. Also...that walking cutscene towards the end looked really, really bad to me. Wooden and, completely phones in, like one of the conversations from Knights of the Old Republic only you can see both parties instead of one face at a time.

That walking part was playable, not a cutscene.

I always refer to this beach as "The Land of the 2001 Monoliths." For obvious reasons.

mexicola:
I was considering whether to read the comments or not for fear of spoilers but I guess if I really cared about it I would have finished the game by now. At least this way I get an off chance of reading a pun.

Shoggoth2588:

That walking part was playable, not a cutscene.

Only sort of. The player starts the walking, but then the game kind of takes over again, with the camera spinning around them.

This game needs a scene like "Desmond, I am your father!"

That would be a revelation worth playing for.

wow, this thread is spoilerific. Wish I didn't read it.

I have to agree: if the first thing you hear when you wake up is John de Lancie, things aren't looking very favorable, for you anyway.

I may be one of the few people who haven't yet played any Assassin's Creed game. For a newcomer, even with all the ham-fisted exposition going on, the story makes not a lick of sense. What the heck where the writers of this game smoking?

Assassins? You mean those people who are hired to kill people for money? They're the good guys? Somehow, I don't buy it.

(Personally, I loved the joke that covered that tangent from the Unskippable for the last game)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here