Trailers: Crysis 3 - Debut Trailer

Crysis 3 - Debut Trailer

Nothing says futuristic and high-tech like a bow and arrow.

Watch Video

Huh. You must be able to get a crazy draw on that bow in Strength mode (that is, if it still has a strength 'mode' as such... only played the first), but am a little disappointed in the enemies. Why are aliens almost always bipedal? And alien dogs too? Oh well. Yay for jungle-y look again, maybe this time they'll go back to the open environments of the first game and make it interesting again?

Also, that kinda mechanical siren towards the end of the video reminded me of the Prometheus trailer with its fantastically haunting shrieking siren - what do you reckon that that sort of sound effect is going to be in vogue in sci-fi for a little while?

Looks exactly like Crysis 2, just with a bow and minigun. They're taking the Call of Duty approach, but with less than half the changes, and that's saying something.

Bastinator:
Looks exactly like Crysis 2, just with a bow and minigun.

Funny thing is they had a minigun in the first game as well... and a kinda icicle minigun too. Where do you go from there?! Well, probably something that shoots electrified shuriken, but even that's derivative!

Bastinator:
Looks exactly like Crysis 2, just with a bow and minigun. They're taking the Call of Duty approach, but with less than half the changes, and that's saying something.

We won't know until we get more information.

I'm interested in the Bow & Arrow approach, very stealthy... like Thief!

Couple of things.

Does that dome remind anyone of the final fantasy movie "Spirits Within?"

And the Crysis franchise has done exactly what the Mass Effect series did.

1 was the best.
2 was a major change. Streamlined, prettyfied. Massively different to the first.
3 is basically 2, just with a different story.

Although they will never be able to meet the Massive ending of ME3.

THIS VIDEO MAKES MY NIPPLES TINGLE WITH EXCITEMENT. hes gonna rip that bow string with strength mode.

Same enemies, same graphics, bleh

I remember when crysis was about promoting new technologies, it's a shame when amature modded crysis 1 looks twice as good as crysis 3.

Develop it for consoles they said. Meh.

vrbtny:

We dont talk about that movie...

Anywho... Im not sure what tro make of this as I only had Crysis 2 as a point of reference, and its not very good.

meh, looks like a crysis 2 expansion pack.

You know the graphics are good when the demo PC the trailer was captured on has FPS issues.

I swear to god that leak was on purpose, just as an advertising stunt.
And it why are they making another one already. Crysis was done in 2007 and Crysis 2 was done in 2011. Not to mention Far Cry 3 is also having its finishing touches done.
I'm still grateful, looking for to the game, but also sceptical!

*seizure*

Seriously, all that white flashing was hurting my eyes.

As for the gameplay... eh, it's a shooter. There are aliens. Also a bow. You can still use the game-breaking invisibility mode.

Yay, more of Crysis 2, the worst Crysis game ever made. I didn't even finish that garbage, one of less than 10 games I've left incomplete.

Can't tell, if this is a parody on action movie trailers or serious. I mean, "the greatest city on Earth - now a spawn of jungle and ruins" - does he hear himself speak? What does it even mean for a city to be a spawn of jungle and ruins? A span of jungle and ruins, maybe? Jungle and ruins spawn venomous snakes and feral dogs - nothing remotely resembling a city.

Also, very Hollywoodish-looking. This is, probably, a good thing.

I'm all for re-using assets for cutting down development costs but dear lord this looks lazy. It shares the exact same animations from Crysis 2, same exact enemy models, even the crappy hud is the same.

Oh well, I still liked Crysis 2 but I would've loved more of the first Crysis not the second.

Am I nuts for thinking the aliens were cooler as sub-zero tadpoles in flying squid suits?

So much muzzle flash. Can't even see the things they're shooting at.

Didn't get to play the second one because of Origin :(

I giggled with the "The greatest city on earth..."; could you be more patriotic, Crytek Frankfurt? oh wait...

II2:
Am I nuts for thinking the aliens were cooler as sub-zero tadpoles in flying squid suits?

Nope, I am thinking the same thing, I guess they thought at some point that navigating bipedal robotsuits with obvious exposed vital points was a more sound tactical choise. Crysis was never that big in common sense, from Crysis 2: "What is that thing?! Some sort of armored vehicle!", apparently a time traveller from the 1800s posing as a marine.

Still waiting to see a game handle the AI spotting and shooting through vegetation and concealment realistically, hope that this one does, it is quite unlikely though since in the previous games every enemy in the area autolocked you the second you made the slightest sound, no matter the distance or weather they had line of sight or not. It is so silly to get shot through half a dozen layers of vegetation from an enemy that is impossible to spot. Sadly, FPS enemy AI doesn't seem to have improved so much since Half-life 1.

Taronus:
I giggled with the "The greatest city on earth..."; could you be more patriotic, Crytek Frankfurt? oh wait...

Well, Prophet IS part of U.S. special forces. It doesn't get much more patriotic.

Anyways, that trailer was poorly made. I'm mostly annoyed by the constant flashes and low "WOMP" noises. Just show the damn gameplay.

And on that topic, the gameplay and animation looks exactly the same as Crysis 2. There wasn't a ton of information there, but this trailer does not have me excited.

Now, I have nothing against this game existing, but it should not be called Crysis 3! Crysis 1 to 2 was a major change in engine, enemies, setting etc. This is just an expansion pack. What I am getting at is that this is Crysis 2: Warhead, not Crysis 3.

Wicky_42:
Huh. You must be able to get a crazy draw on that bow in Strength mode (that is, if it still has a strength 'mode' as such... only played the first), but am a little disappointed in the enemies. Why are aliens almost always bipedal?

The aliens are actually wearing robotic suits that give them 2 legs and are more accustomed to earths gravity. From a gameplay perspective, this pretty much just makes them a tougher "human" opponent. You can still use stealth and other conventional tactics against them.
From what I remember, act 3 of Crysis 1 was pretty much: Pick up the heaviest weapons you can find, hold down fire button while trying to hit giant flying aliens. That threw most of the stealth and tactics from the first part of the game out of the window, in favor of a guns blazing full on action approach and boss fights. Sure it was fun, but if Crysis 2 (and now Crysis 3) had ONLY featured aliens of the flying and hard type it wouldn't quite be the same.

WanderingFool:

vrbtny:

We dont talk about that movie...

Anywho... Im not sure what tro make of this as I only had Crysis 2 as a point of reference, and its not very good.

I actually liked that movie.

trailer-wise, this didn't really show anything, the bow is cool, but otherwise, I'm not impressed.

Not upgrading my rig after the game launches, not for this shite.

dint bother to play the first 2 games and pretty unlikely i will play this one.

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)