Trailers: Dragon's Dogma - Dev Diary Part One

Dragon's Dogma - Dev Diary Part One

Meet the team that is bringing you Dragon's Dogma.

Watch Video

how is this NOT on PC?

I'll be right back folks, Imma get myself an on line petition going.

... I'm keeping an open mind. This game looks like it could be interesting to play; A JRPG's flair and imagery combined with a Western mythos and Bethesda-style open-endedness. However, Peter Molyneux has taught me not to put much stock in how excited the creators get.

In the end, I'll probably buy the game anyway, but I'm not expecting to call it the best game ever. I will say, though, that I am looking forward to climbing a cyclops and poking it in the eye.

templar1138a:
A JRPG's flair and imagery combined with a Western mythos and Bethesda-style open-endedness.

That's precisely why I'm interested in this. We've yet to see a REALLY good western style RPG from a Japanese development team (I don't count Dark and Demon's Souls, because I see them more as action-adventure games).

DD stands a good chance of finally being the game to bring a fresh look at the genre, which, despite Skyrim, is beginning to feel stale.

Krantos:
DD stands a good chance of finally being the game to bring a fresh look at the genre, which, despite Skyrim, is beginning to feel stale.

Skyrim didn't help, if you ask me. I only recently went back to it after downloading a bunch of mods to keep track of hunger, thirst, fatigue, and risk of hypothermia (half-naked barbarians running around for hours in the snow? Seems legit), as well as to turn off the scaling of difficulty, loot, and merchandise. I also disabled fast travel and the location markers on the compass bar, so now the game feels more like Morrowind, which is one of my favorite RPGs.

In any event, if we're going to truly get a fresh look at the genre, we need more fantasy in non-medieval settings. I liked Arcanum for being high fantasy set in an Industrial Revolution. I'd play it more, but that game is a piece of crap in terms of graphics and gameplay.

Side-note: Escapist, I didn't post anything since I started writing this post. I've been focusing my attention on this post. InterContinental can kiss my ass.

This may be good but it will definitely be hilarious as far as voice acting and story goes :D

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here