Escape to the Movies: Raven

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Raven

MovieBob presents the telltale review of Raven.

Watch Video

Was REALLY hoping this wouldn't suck.

Also: My money too...

I was going to say thank you Bob for reviewing this movie, but John Cusack not a good over-the-top actor? Sooo his characters in A Sure Thing or Gross Pointe Blank weren't OtT? I mean, wild and wacky he ain't, but he regularly pulls off weird/intense/unreal.

I think I will still see this, especially because I never have seen the Saw movies, so that little bit he threw in doesn't affect me, and I really like John Cusack.

Also, his Picard is worse.

RE-TAKE EDGER ALLAN POE! XP

Just be glad we also skipped over the Enterprise version of the future Bob
FYI both impressions were terrible, and I hear Nintendo could really use some of that money.

Your Kirk was better, but I liked both.

Parte the Firste: Your Picard sucks more.
Parte the Seconde: How was The Pirates: Band of Misfits?

your kirk was deff better and happy b-day to gwyneth :)

So these past couple reviews have really seemed like tired and bored Bob is doing the reviews. I'm guessing that's just for emphasis, but I'm also thinking it's on purpose so next week when Bob is going to be super excited, it well sound if even more super excited. Yeah? Yeah.

:Pulls out Debit Card: Nintendo just take my money and give me New Super Mario bros 2 along english versions of Project X zone and Monster Hunter 3G now!

you have a better 'Kirk' then 'Picard'

can't say i was interested in the Raven to begin with.

and -.- ugh, another Mario game ..... not that i dislike the franchise but really? Nintendo still has to make up for Other M for being shit. do that first damn it!!!! >.<

That was supposed to be Picard?

I also think we're past the TOS "future" by about forty decades. Next time we hit one of those Roaring 20's style upswings we'll probably see it again, yay cyclical history!

It's hard to have a bad Kirk when it's bad to begin with. I felt like TNG was a good warning against doing Kirk stuff. Who wants to catch galactic gonorrhea?

Sorry, I have always preferred TNG over TOS. Don't really know why, I just always liked its focus on broader issues. Great characters in both series, of course.

Lunar Templar:

and -.- ugh, another Mario game ..... not that i dislike the franchise but really? Nintendo still has to make up for Other M for being shit. do that first damn it!!!! >.<

Well Miyamoto wants to do a 3D remake of LttP so in my eyes thats more than redemption.

But I'd like to see a 3DS remake of Super Metroid with more areas and bosses.

Your birthday calender is on the wrong month. They are on the 27th, just the 27th of September. Thanks for steering me clear of a dud, I'm gonna go watch High Fidelity again.

Well both impressions were pretty bad.

Also, yes Nintendo take my money too.

Sorry Bob, your Picard sucked more.
And also sorry that this movie was painfully uninteresting, but I'm going to guess that next week's movie will MORE than make up for that.

I think we're pretty much going to generally say your Picard sucks more.

If we're headed towards that Star Trek future, can we go ahead and skip past our pretty damn obvious slide into Cyberpunk first?

Anyone else picked up on a 'relaxed voice' with MovieBob in this vid? It's not quite "I'm tired of life" but it was an impressive way to give the review a Picard-esque tone of displeasure.

RaikuFA:
Was REALLY hoping this wouldn't suck.

Also: My money too...

Me too, I so didn't want to suck. I could handle a little sillyness but I can't deal with full on suck like that.

What the hell was that last picture of the guy in armor during the credits supposed to be anyways and why is part of a stargate in that picture? D:

Well, it looked interesting in the trailer, so I may give it a look later this year. But good to know I'm not really missing much by waiting til netflix on this one.

RaikuFA:

Lunar Templar:

Well Miyamoto wants to do a 3D remake of LttP so in my eyes thats more than redemption.

eh, Link to the Past is good as is, no need for the gimmicky 3D BS, but a remake of Super Metroid? that i could get behind, cause it would be awesome

Tough to do a good Picard but wouldn't the world be 100x more awesome if everyone DID sound like Patrick Stuart?

nothing will ever top the Robert of the Cinemas accent. EVER

The Great JT:
Parte the Firste: Your Picard sucks more.
Parte the Seconde: How was The Pirates: Band of Misfits?

Indeed - you couldn't have burned that extra minute discussing "The Pirates" instead of doing bad Star Trek impressions, Bob?

Definitely the Picard....

A shame the movie sucks, I really liked the trailer. I think a Saw-like Poe-worshipping serial killer is a great idea.

...Having Edgar Allan Poe himself as a main character in the movie, not so much.

Wait, if we're into Next Generation already, that means we have a massive cataclysmic war to look forward to by the time DS9 rolls around. And then get a disappointingly mediocre Voyager era.

Lunar Templar:

RaikuFA:

Lunar Templar:

eh, Link to the Past is good as is, no need for the gimmicky 3D BS, but a remake of Super Metroid? that i could get behind, cause it would be awesome

Well I still wouldn't mind seeing/playing it. It with Mario World being my first games.

Also all my money: Atlus

RaikuFA:

Lunar Templar:

RaikuFA:

Well I still wouldn't mind seeing/playing it. It with Mario World being my first games.

Also all my money: Atlus

there is not enough 'do want' or 'shut up and take my money' to cover it correctly .......

so i will simply say.

who do i need to kill

They both sucked but Picard

Both your Kirk and Picard impressions are horrible.

At least we have skipped the "Enterprise" era :D.

Forget Mario games the 2 best games to come out this year will be FREE....

Mechwarrior Online
and
Mechwarrior Tactics

We don't need Bob to tell us if Avengers IS good we just need him to tell us HOW good it is.

Can anyone do a Picard impression? It's all about the deep, clutured voice, not the way the lines are delivered.

Also, Tony Blaire does the best Shatner impression.

I'm sad, wanted to hear Bob's opinion on the Avengers, of which preview screenings have been available to even me for over a week. Ah well, next week I guess.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here