LoadingReadyRun: The Bee Team

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Tim_LRR:

Scarim Coral:
Wait Matt was wearing a Guild Wars 2 T-shirt while playing Diablo 3 beta? Those two cannot be conbine! Either way funny episode and I thought this had to do with a A Team related video as in hiring a team of 2nd rated mercenaries.

That was me, actually.

And why can't I be a fan of both games? :)

I believe that clones can break free of the original's shadow.
Fly Tim! Fly!

All of the games are yours on this day!

LostintheWick:

Haha! That's funny. But seriously... who are they? I have no idea.

I imagine you've been answered but to make sure that is Jeremy and FPS_Doug from www.purepwnage.com . They had a TV-show that was not nearly as good as their internet series AND if you watch their behind the scenes footage you'll catch a glimpse or two of Graham.

Great as always. And is this the first time Kate has been in a CH since the first season?

Active Schizophrenic:
I sqee'd When I saw Teh_pwnerer AND FPS Doug in a LLR episode! Just like how I sqee'd when I saw Graham in one of the Pure Pwnage shorts.... Does anybody else remember that?

Yes! When I did, I jumped for the pause, because Graham was like the Spanish Inquisition. It was mentioned some time later on a LRRcast that all of the PP guys went to Vancouver for those shorts, and Graham decided to jump in with them.

When I saw the credits for this, I read both Jarret and Joel. Joel? WTF? I didn't see him... and while I was wondering, there he was.

Kate, Tally, and Pam. Having their own Commodore Hustle. The world is now complete.

In all honesty, absolutely loved it, and seeing these guys in Feed Dump mostly has just made me realize how funny they are in actual skits. tbh, I can't remember the last LLR skit with Kate, so seeing her manning the Moonbase in Graham's absence was great.

Love to see more B-Team LRRs.

JehuBot:
"and 60 posts and no "Bees, my God!" or "Not the bees!" references or jokes? way to go for not overusing jokes, guys. :)

I was about to, but now that you've ruined it for me have this instead:

Kate was stung by a bee - let's throw her a prom!

Mikeyfell:
The ironic thing is that I have no idea who those two guys at the end of the video are.

So. how's that TV show working out for them?

I found myself think almost that exact same thing.

Also, "Bee Team"; nice! I admit I actually missed the pun until it was said right near the end.

Can YOU spot the Spy reference?

Well, there's no two ways about it, I was thinking about it, but now I HAVE to send LRR my bee-hive hat.

also... Time everlasting. Time to play B-sides.

Best line in this one had to be, "There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase." I know it has been said, a dozen times by now, but I just wanted to add my voice to the flood. You guys make Mondays worthwhile.

I hope this won't encourage people to actually send them bees.

This was a bit different from their usual sketches, but still pretty good. Keep it up, guys!

Yeah... Mythbusters disproved the brown note thing too...

I HOPE they pay Kate for booming.

tehweave:
I HOPE they pay Kate for booming.

Booming is the coolest job.

Loved the Stark joke, and the title pun. Good work.

First time I've Kate... She's Graham's Sister? Good looking girl :P

"There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase."

Made me laugh. Great video.

Who watches TV any more?

Ah, brilliant episode. I was laughing throughout :)
Kate was awesome.

Mullahgrrl:
I hope this won't encourage people to actually send them bees.

Wait, is that bad? I need to put a stop-shipment on something.

Tharwen:

LadyRhian:

JacobdeFries:
So, Game of Thrones reference (There must always be a Stark in blahblahblah), Team Fortress 2 (Gentlemen?). If there are any others, I missed them...sorry.

I believe the Bees themselves are a reference to Bioshock.

Why? They're just bees...

I was thinking someone wanted to reference the bee hand...

Also, let me add... If you can't lift a single gross of bees, you are incredibly weak. So, unless that box was made out of lead, and not cardboard... And they deliver boxes without taping them shut? I know, nitpicking, but there are just so many juicy ones here. :D

JehuBot:
"There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase." and "I created life, I must go." were my favorite lines, that, and Tally's idea that "Bee allergy" and "Lactose Intolerance" are myths.

Made even better by Cam having both. Well, not for Cam of course.

LadyRhian:
Also, let me add... If you can't lift a single gross of bees, you are incredibly weak. So, unless that box was made out of lead, and not cardboard... And they deliver boxes without taping them shut? I know, nitpicking, but there are just so many juicy ones here. :D

It was not the weight of the box that prevented them from lifting it, but the crippling fear of bees. Also, Tally initially finds the box on top of the stairs. Someone must have carried it up there - that person could have cut the tape. Come on, what else do you have? :)

LadyRhian:

Tharwen:

LadyRhian:

I believe the Bees themselves are a reference to Bioshock.

But they're just bees! No-one mentioned any hands!

(Also, the plasmid in Bioshock makes wasps, not bees. Ha.)

Tharwen:

LadyRhian:

Tharwen:

But they're just bees! No-one mentioned any hands!

(Also, the plasmid in Bioshock makes wasps, not bees. Ha.)

Then why is the plasmid in a honey farm?

I find all these people not knowing who the guys from Pure Pwnage are hilarious. PP, in views and fans, was very much bigger than LRR is now back in its heyday. The series sadly derailed, however, upon the tragic death of one of the main cast members and some in fighting between the cast. Then they managed to pull it together and get a TV series(Which wasn't as good as the web show) due to demand, but seeing as how it wasn't as good viewership kinda went poof and demand died. They kind of shot themselves in the foot. Then they promised to continue the web series, but that in fighting crept back up... and... well. You get the idea.

Also, they were in a recent video game. Zombie Apocalypse: Never Say Die. Jeremy as a main playable character, FPS Doug as just a cameo.

What the hell is Function Generator?
Also, bees aren't scary.
All you need to fight them is balls and poison resistant organism

Tim_LRR:

Scarim Coral:
Wait Matt was wearing a Guild Wars 2 T-shirt while playing Diablo 3 beta? Those two cannot be conbine! Either way funny episode and I thought this had to do with a A Team related video as in hiring a team of 2nd rated mercenaries.

That was me, actually.

And why can't I be a fan of both games? :)

And now I'm reminded of The Tale of Matt Wiggins.

While I was watching this, i was thinking that it would very slowly turn into some kind of TF2 joke. Cam, obviously, is the spy, Tallie, with her supervisor helmet, would be the engineer, and Kate, with headphones, would be the scout. I was slightly disappointed by the end.

The way Graham acted at the end of the video is basically how I acted when I visited the LRR booth in Calgary. - Sad face for awkward rambling :(

Philocrates:
I find all these people not knowing who the guys from Pure Pwnage are hilarious. PP, in views and fans, was very much bigger than LRR is now back in its heyday.

This is to be expected. The overwhelming majority of people does not know about either LRR or PP. That the people here are unaware of PP only means that watching LRR does not make you very much more likely to watch PP.

Don Reba:

LadyRhian:

It was not the weight of the box that prevented them from lifting it, but the crippling fear of bees. Also, Tally initially finds the box on top of the stairs. Someone must have carried it up there - that person could have cut the tape. Come on, what else do you have? :)

If you look at the box, there is no tape on it, and no sign it was peeled off. Taking tape off cardboard always leaves marks. :) Especially the type of tape used to pack boxes for shipping. And they were just delivering the box- Why open it? It could be a sign to the receiver that someone tampered with their mail and/or stole something from the box. Oh, I know! The box contained stuffed bees! Someone stole them and substituted REAL bees. ;) Time to sue the shipping company!

LadyRhian:
If you look at the box, there is no tape on it, and no sign it was peeled off. Taking tape off cardboard always leaves marks. :) Especially the type of tape used to pack boxes for shipping. And they were just delivering the box- Why open it? It could be a sign to the receiver that someone tampered with their mail and/or stole something from the box. Oh, I know! The box contained stuffed bees! Someone stole them and substituted REAL bees. ;) Time to sue the shipping company!

Alright, let's take a look at the box:

What do we see? We see cut tape. It must have been cut by the person who received the box, carried it upstairs, and phoned Tally at the beginning of the episode. Canada Post might have much to answer for, but this does not have to weight on its conscience.

As far as I can tell, the video is 100% realistic, with the exception of the effects of amplified base, which have indeed been busted. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here