Trailers: Sonic & All Stars: Racing Transformed - Announcement Trailer

Sonic & All Stars: Racing Transformed - Announcement Trailer

It looks like Sonic and his friends stole all of James Bond's cars.

Watch Video

I've said this when the first Sonic racing game came out, and I'll say it again:
Why does Sonic need a car if he can run faster than the speed of sound?

'Sonic Sellout racing:GIVE US YOUR FUCKING MONEY' more like.
This isn't even funny, Has Sega really run out of Ideas?The last game was dreadful, the handling was loose and unresponsive, and the tracks & races repetitive.This is more of the same I guess.Looks like there are people who like this sort of thing.

I actually thought the first one was fun and a fairly solid kart racer, though I was disappointed that online play was left out of the PC version.

Also, the official announcement mentions "PC Digital Download", so it looks like this installment will land on the PC platform as well, but I wonder if it'll get online play this time around.

Yay, Wave Race in my Mario Kart 64! I mean.... "Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing".

Eh, nothing particularly amazing or innovative, but I might pick it up.

ShakerSilver:
I've said this when the first Sonic racing game came out, and I'll say it again:

Yeah, it's definitely a silly concept.

Just read about two new characters

Vyse - Skies of Arcadia
Gillius Thunderhead - Golden Axe

So, as I bought the last game on a whim and loved it, the addition of Diddy Kong Racing elements, more intelligent tracks, better physics and flipping VYSE! Yeah I'm on board and excited!

If we get Ryo Hazuki in a transforming I'm going to be all over this game.

Actually, just seeing B.D. Joe just makes me feel like throwing down my money.

So....
Diddy Kong Racing: Sonic Edition?

ShakerSilver:

Same reason he needed a goddamn hover board in those other games.

There's really no reason for it to be sonic instead of any other character, even an original... besides, of course, for easy brand recognition and advertisement.

But I get what you mean... it's so jarringly stupid if you think about it too hard.

Of the game itself I can only say that I've played the demo of the original at a gamestop. It was decent.

Sorry, double post

Not bad. Of course everybody's complaints on how sonic doesn't need a car are rendered null when everybody else is on to the sky portion of the track and Sonic is falling to his death.

It's alright, but I prefer this Sonic car

...I'd question why Sonic needs a car... but since none of the other characters can run as fast as he can, I guess it's kind of a moot point...

In much happier Sonic news, we have Episode 2. "The happiest man in the world, the Sonic brand manager, is going to give you everything you ever wanted in your entire life today!"

LilithSlave:
Yay, Wave Race in my Mario Kart 64! I mean.... "Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing".

Eh, nothing particularly amazing or innovative, but I might pick it up.

ShakerSilver:

Yeah, it's definitely a silly concept.

You know what's an even sillier concept? Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.

Team Hollywood:
Sonic & All Stars: Racing Transformed - Announcement Trailer

It looks like Sonic and his friends stole all of James Bond's cars.

Watch Video

I don't recall land/sea/air vehicles being exclusive to or prominent in the 007 series. It would make more sense to say that Tails stole all the schematics to the vehicles in Mario Kart 7. (Why is it even called that...?)

Anyway, I'd really like to see NiGHTS, Ristar and Bayonetta in there. Maybe even someone from that Yakuza series of theirs... or Vanquish... or Aliens (even though it isn't 100% theirs).

However, there is the thought of a "guest". The first game had Banjo & Kazooie in it. (on the X-Box 360 anyway. Wait, was it on PC, as well?) Would the bear and bird make a comeback? Would we finally get to have Mario race Sonic? Personally, I'd really love to see Frogger in there. Sega was working with Konomi when they were making the game, and even suggested the name. So, I'd love to see the (little?) amphibian come to this game in one form or another.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here