Pick Your Path: Ninja Gaiden

A Ninja Gaiden Pick Your Path Adventure

Read Full Article

*First attempt to be a ninja, awww yeah*

*Gets strangled my hairy 8-armed man*

I became a pirate. I prefer ninjers...
*retries*

lol

I haven't played a Ninja Gaiden game (sadly), so I'm not quite if Ryu is this... eccentric. Nonetheless, it was thirty minutes well-spent, imo.

Ryu is Chinese? Ninjas are from Japan. As a practitioner of ninjutsu, some of the correct choices in the story weren't really "ninja", and I feel as if it mocks the art of ninpo. However, it's simply a game and not meant to be too serious (just like the Ninja Gaiden games) so I'll let that slip by. Also, some of the deaths were nonsensical and pretty random, which I didn't like.

I think this is one of the funniest things I've seen on The Escapist in some time (not to sell short the rest of the site). And I'd like to think I'm a reasonable judge of comedy as I have dedicated several years of my life to the pursuit of laughter: see www.naturalwoodband.com and judge for yourself (try not to judge too harshly). Good work!

And to GameMaNiAC, if you happen to see this, I think the whole "Chinese" thing is a joke. The American thinks he's Chinese when he's actually Japanese. You see there is a long history of jokes about white people having trouble telling Asian people apart (see Rush Hour (except in this case it's Chris Tucker having trouble, but I think you get the point)) and the writer is just furthering this joke.

And, for what it's worth, I chose to throw a fireball every chance I got. I couldn't help it.

Thanks for a good read!

Yaaaayyyyy. I got a good ending without being killed once.

Edit: I am laughing a lot since I've decided to play again.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here