Fable Heroes Review

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Fable Heroes Review

Not worth the measly Microsoft Points.

Read Full Article

Oh my gosh this is a build up to Fable the Journey? Its like warming up for a dentist appointment by puling one of your own teeth out. Its easy to see why Peter M got out of there RUN PETER RUN!

Also blimey that accent is strong, not bad or anything im just saying,

Well i think we all kind of saw this coming. "Run Peter Run!" indeed.

Could... could you call me sugarcube? Just once. I love your southern accent.

Oh sweet lord, Fable Heros can kiss my grits!

You guys qualify that as a thick accent? Tch.
OP: So about what I expected. A short, lazy time waster.
Edit: Come on. The accent talk is getting out of hand.

rolfwesselius:
Must resist crappy jokes about accent,must resist crappy jokes about accent.
seriously what kinda accent is that?

A vury vury strowng southern twaaaannng.

My guess would be Alabama.

I have this image of Jodie sitting on the bonnet of a Dodge wearing a Cowgirl outfit that barely passes as 'protecting dignity'.

Southern Americans talk like that?

Well, how delightfully odd.

Could the Fable franchise stop sucking? I liked 1+2 but 3 was lacking in so many respects (fuck you pause screen) and god damn clipping issues and now this and that kinect game...bye promising franchise, it will take much time and effort to get out of this rut.

So, the build up to a crappy on-rails, not Fable, Fable game is a crappy hack n' slash, not Fable, Fable game?

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that his chair was not the only reason for Peter Molyneux leaving Microsoft, and if this is what they're turning his franchise into I don't blame him.

I can see why Molyneux wanted to quit. The series has crashed hard.

--

Really sad to see this has flopped. When I first saw the footage I was expecting some fun couch co-op title that could be trotted out when friends came round for some funage, not something I could complete over a cup of tea. :(

Anyone else think this is just a fable themed version of castle crashers? Because that is what I saw.

Hookah:

Same could be said of you northern brits ya know...

figures.. the game started to die after the lost chapters.. it's a shame they wont break out the resurrection tonics for a proper revival or at least just give it a proper burial with a silly tombstone...

I thought Jodie's accent was nothing short of divine. Though from the footage I've seen - she has a point in her review.

rolfwesselius:

I was ninja'd.

I think its some kind of American accent..?

Looks like sub-par castle crashers clone to cash on the fable fanbase, based on Jodie's review i'm gonna stay well away.

Lim3:

rolfwesselius:

I was ninja'd.

I think its some kind of American accent..?

It's southern from what I've heard.

Anyways I can't say I was particularly interested in this game and now I'm even less.

Hookah:

Only the Georgia/Alabama areas, Florida is also a southern state and they sound like it should be in the midwest.

Texas, again is another southern state, and we have our own accent.

Don't get me started on those guys from Oklahoma or Louisiana either.

OT:

How.....disappointing, I was hoping this game would be better than the other Fable mini games, lets hope Journey is at least half as decent as they want you to think

so no stories about Keith then? :(

With regards to the game, it looks like a lot of fun, I will probably pick it up when I have the points handy, reviews be damned!

Why do people care that she has a southern accent? Oh Christ difference! Lets put all non perfect people into camps so they are away from the perfect ones eh? hmmmm what could we calls these delightful camps? That can only lead to good things! (I'm being factitious btw -.-)

I'm not a big enough Fable fan to get this. Thanks for the review :)

I like her accent, think it's my favourite American accent.

OT: Ye...I would have to agree with the review of this game. Does not look nor sound good.

At first I thought dodgy Australian, but I settled on Cajun.

She mentioned "short" a few times in the review, but I don't recall her saying how short. In the office, she said the whole game took about an hour to complete. And I thought Zone of the Enders was short at ~4 hours (played and enjoyed it years ago, but always considered it the shortest "full" game I've played).

Ms. Smith? You've written a very good review, but you sound like you're reading from a script.

Moffman:
Why do people care that she has a southern accent? Oh Christ difference! Lets put all non perfect people into camps so they are away from the perfect ones eh? hmmmm what could we calls these delightful camps? That can only lead to good things! (I'm being factitious btw -.-)

... But you were the first to say it's not perfect. I know you were trying to be facetious but now it just sounds like the lady doth protest too much. Kinda like "Hey guys, wouldn't it be totally crazy if we just started killing everyone who's different to us." I'm on to you.

Kinda weird that I'm Irish and I recognise that accent (admittedly I've got a weird thing for that kind of accent, Irish guy liking an American accent, surely that's backwards).

Anyway, OT. Never heard of it. Assumed it would be shit as soon as I saw it existed.

Ah, shame to hear the game wasn't particularly fun and was unfair to the ranged attackers...I like to be the coward at the back 'supporting' the party. My friend just purchased this too; I'm not sure I have the heart to tell him...

Also, since everyone is discussing it, the accent makes no difference to me. The only problem I have is that the reviewer sounds kind of robotic in a way that makes her, at least in my opinion, less enjoyable to listen to.

Kross:
She mentioned "short" a few times in the review, but I don't recall her saying how short. In the office, she said the whole game took about an hour to complete. And I thought Zone of the Enders was short at ~4 hours (played and enjoyed it years ago, but always considered it the shortest "full" game I've played).

Whuh? One hour? Whatever they're charging, it isn't worth it. I think this is pretty much the first nail in the coffin for the Fable series.

Jodie Smith:
Fable Heroes Review

Not worth the measly Microsoft Points.

Read Full Article

What is your accent? It sounds southern North American, but with some Australian words. But that could just be your elongated vowels. It's awesome though. :)

i...juat can get past her accent, i closed my eyes and pictured her hanging dead racoons on a clothes line while on the and feeding her 1 month your old as 4 other inbred children run around

Oi, saw this coming a mile away. Trying to make a lighthearted party game out of an IP that had, up until this point took itself quite seriously (and some would say WAY too seriously), in addition to the noticeable lapse in customer satisfaction for Fable recently was a recipe for disaster.

I'm honestly still dumbfounded at how this got grinlit. Who was this made for, exactly? It looks like an attempt to make a family-friendly fable game. But, really, who the hell let's their little kids play fable? It's not like any children will recognize the characters. They'd rather dive into a nice game of mario kart easily. And the older of us who loved the first game will dismiss this as a sellout.

From your descriptions the game also justifies my suspicions that this game in its ENTIRETY could easily be constructed within little big planet, exactly as it is. Hell, it'd probably be even better.

In fact; short play length, puppetized versions of franchised characters... this SOUNDS like a fanmade LBP level.

Moffman:

Are you implying her accent is non perfect?

No, I get what you are saying, it's just for a lot of us it's a real uncommon accent and thus we are really interested in it. I happen to think that it is really quite fetching but taste differ I suppose.

I do agree that people acting like it sucks are morons. There is a written part of the review

I love chibi Jack of Blades, though.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or