No Right Answer: Best Superhero Team Ever

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Best Superhero Team Ever

With only one week left in the "Ur Right Answer" fan contest, competition is heating up! Only a team of superheroes can save us, but which one is most up to the challenge?

Watch Video

I saw this coming the moment I saw the title.

Avengers win, obviously. The Justice League just sits in their floating tuby thing in space while the Avengers actually roam around.

Plus it has Captain Fucking America in it.

Avengers can actually lose too, the only time Justice League can lose is if Superman is doing laundry or something.

Avengers: Captain America turned his back on the government before it was cool. Sups was just frontin' by giving up his citizenship.

Qitz:

Avengers win, obviously. The Justice League just sits in their floating tuby thing in space while the Avengers actually roam around.

Avengers can actually lose too, the only time Justice League can lose is if Superman is doing laundry or something.

I know i'm not the only one who thinks that having an invincible superhero just makes the JL that much more boring.

And Civil War owns Kingdom Come on every level: Capt America standing up for superhero autonomy vs. Super Man being a self righteous cunt. No contest.

justice league sucks whats aquaman gonna go when anything happens out of the ocean, make a pb&j sammich? mmmm yummy

Green lanterns FTW! also Justice league has Captain Marvel, whom is my favorite.

The Justice League cartoon was better than the Avengers cartoon. Just needed to be said.

Why do Warner Brothers not make a Justice League movie? Because, let's face it, every attempt to do a DC-hero movie, that is not Batman nor the first two Superman films, has been mediocre or worse. Having seen the Green Lantern film, do you really want them to re-use that character and setting? Or, god forbid, pull Steel out of the mothballs?

Huh I didn't realise you could do that with Batman: Hush and that Superman story.

DVS BSTrD:
Avengers: Captain America turned his back on the government before it was cool. Sups was just frontin' by giving up his citizenship.

Qitz:

I know i'm not the only one who thinks that having an invincible superhero just makes the JL that much more boring.

Wolverine is kind of a god character, except that he will actually kill. Avengers Disassembled is what makes the Avengers better than the JLA.

"So thank god for us" - I think I've heard that before somewhere..

i prefer the league of extraordinary gentlemen, or watchmen, or anything Alan Moore touches. (in terms of characters, i wouldn't want those people protecting me)

SlightlyEvil:
Why do Warner Brothers not make a Justice League movie? Because, let's face it, every attempt to do a DC-hero movie, that is not Batman nor the first two Superman films, has been mediocre or worse. Having seen the Green Lantern film, do you really want them to re-use that character and setting? Or, god forbid, pull Steel out of the mothballs?

It wouldn't work with this Batman anyway, he lives in a "realistic" world. It's already been stated that the Penguin doesn't fit in this Batman's world, so what would make Superman fit in?

They need to reboot Batman, reboot Green Lantern, make a Flash movie, and then make a JLA

Frankly I've always been less fond of DC and Marvel in favor of the W.I.L.D.C.A.T.S. comics. Something about the weird blurred line between copycat and original characters was just awesome. As well it had a dichotomy between their version of Superman and Wonderwoman, essentially Nemesiss' (their wonderwoman) people invaded the planet that their Superman came from (his name escapes me) and only ended the war when they realized they would be in an infinite stalemate. Not to mention their superman going insane more than once and eventually becoming the King of Hawaii after turning it into a Nazi style utopia.

Then there's the skinny elderly scientist who can shift into a giant purple Hulk monster with horns, the scantly clad android who shoots nuclear blasts from her mouth and equates fighting to kinky sex, the myriad of demons, monsters and aliens they end up fighting and it just seems a little less . . . I don't know played out and cliche` (however amusing that might actually be) than DC and Marvel.

Maybe it's just the fresh coat of paint by way of different names and slightly different shapes, can't say for sure . . . all I know is I prefer it to DC or Marvel.

Also: THE FUCKING DARKNESS AND WITCHBLADE ARE PART OF THEIR TEAM. Sups and Cap'n can just leave the room

MAHVEL is just more interesting than DC.

The characters are more interesting, they're more fun.

If it wasn't for the Nolan Batman movies, there would still be now decent DC movies.

artanis_neravar:

DVS BSTrD:

Qitz:

Wolverine is kind of a god character, except that he will actually kill.

There is also the difference that with Wolverine being unkillable =/= being invincible.

If Chris is going to use ratings then please don't forget the 1990's Captain America film, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103923/, where he saves the world in the most boring way possible!

You should've brought up the DC Animated Universe as a counterpoint to the Marvel movies. Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Green Lantern: First Flight, Batman/Superman: Public Enemies, Batman: Under The Red Hood, Justice League: A New Frontier, Superman The Animated Series, Green Lantern The Animated Series (which is pretty good, from what I've seen), BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES. Somehow, all that can trump Robert Downey Jr. Don't ask me how, it does.

DVS BSTrD:

artanis_neravar:

DVS BSTrD:
Avengers: Captain America turned his back on the government before it was cool. Sups was just frontin' by giving up his citizenship.I know i'm not the only one who thinks that having an invincible superhero just makes the JL that much more boring.

There is also the difference that with Wolverine being unkillable =/= being invincible.

Very good point, and on a side note I wonder if the Vision could do his phase a fist through the chest and then solidify it to knock unconscious thing to superman

Pssh.
Justice League should have won.
They have Aquaman.
They can use WHALES!
WHAAAALLEEEESS!

DVS BSTrD:

artanis_neravar:

DVS BSTrD:
Avengers: Captain America turned his back on the government before it was cool. Sups was just frontin' by giving up his citizenship.I know i'm not the only one who thinks that having an invincible superhero just makes the JL that much more boring.

If I remember right Superman is also just unkillable. Nothing on Earth can kill Superman. While there are a ton of enemies from Earth and Space that can beat the shit out of him and put him to the brink of death.
The Justice League doesn't really fight I will give them that but that is because they have a contingency plan if things go wrong and they do have to fight. Avengers have no contingency plan if a Superhero goes AWOL/Berserk. Civil War proves that. Thor the literal God character in Avengers has a clone made and it blows a whole through a guys chest and immediately kills him only reason they were able to stop him is because Stark has a bomb placed in his head in case something like that happened.

I have to go with JL over Avengers because JL has things planned out if shit goes down. The Avengers don't. They destroyed half of NYC during Civil War not to mention hundreds of thousands if not millions of citizens through their fighting with each other.

Also don't get me started on the Punisher in Civil War.

Krion_Vark:

DVS BSTrD:

artanis_neravar:

If I remember right Superman is also just unkillable. Nothing on Earth can kill Superman. While there are a ton of enemies from Earth and Space that can beat the shit out of him and put him to the brink of death.
The Justice League doesn't really fight I will give them that but that is because they have a contingency plan if things go wrong and they do have to fight. Avengers have no contingency plan if a Superhero goes AWOL/Berserk. Civil War proves that. Thor the literal God character in Avengers has a clone made and it blows a whole through a guys chest and immediately kills him only reason they were able to stop him is because Stark has a bomb placed in his head in case something like that happened.

I have to go with JL over Avengers because JL has things planned out if shit goes down. The Avengers don't. They destroyed half of NYC during Civil War not to mention hundreds of thousands if not millions of citizens through their fighting with each other.

Also don't get me started on the Punisher in Civil War.

Um doesn't the fact that they had Thor Cloned kinda indicate that they DID have a plan in place? Well at least Stark did, and it actually took ANOTHER god to beat the Thor clone (Hercules). And if Kingdom Come is any indication the JL's plans don't always work out so well. Even if they did always have a plan that worked, that just makes it seem like they never faced a real challenge.

Krion_Vark:

DVS BSTrD:

artanis_neravar:

Civil War proves that. Thor the literal God character in Avengers has a clone made and it blows a whole through a guys chest and immediately kills him only reason they were able to stop him is because Stark has a bomb placed in his head in case something like that happened.

The very definition of a Contingency Plan right there

The Justice League is the most powerful team, there is no argument. The power level of DC universe is far higher then the Marvel universe.

If we go by most interesting, I prefer the Titans. (Or if you want to go more obscure, the Shadow Pact was far more interesting.)

Robert Downey Jr may beat Christian Bale, but Kevin Conroy owns everyone

Best line before I forget it: "Patriotism: The Superhero!"
Wow, this was a great debate today. I find both teams have their ups and downs, which I'll elaborate on later after some research. I agree with Chris, though, that if your team is famous for its members fighting each other on a regular basis, that's a point against their favor.

So at one point Chris says that the justice league has no real inner turmoil between people. Infinite Crisis anyone? A hero's wife gets raped by a villan and then they cover it up. There is a definitive split in the support of such idea which creates a permanent fracture between multiple members of the Justice League. That was huge for the DC Universe with those characters. So much humanity was shown.

First off: The Authority wins because they've got a drug-addled Dutchman who basically controls the planet. And a sun god, the best assassin that'll ever be, a girl who can create anything from nothing, a living bolt of lightning, a guy who can let a city get up out of the ground and step on you and the there's Swift... Uhm, yeah, she's really pretty.

Other than that the Avengers once included Doctor Strange. They win.

Also, there's a pattern there.

It's called: Dr. Fate is balls. ^_^

Im gonna call the justice league on this one if youre going to say whos going to win in a straight up fight. The best player on the avengers is either Iron man or Thor (cause lets face it, you tell captain america to hurt someone like superman who is ACTUAL US personified [an immigrant who made their life and actually achieved the dream of success and love and all that jazz, while having the boy scout morals Captain is so famous for], and hes just going to roll over and die), and they have to then fight Superman, Batman (who will go toe to toe with tony and i would say win, because hes caught more training and skill), Martian man hunter, green lantern, and wonderwoman.

and really, when the weakest link in your chain can theorectically summon and control Cthulu, whos stronger.

Both teams has their pros and cons. Sure DC are never good when it come to live action movies other than Batman however they are great when it come to animaited movies (Batman: Under The Red Hood, Justice League Doom and etc) unlike Marvel animated movies.

unsmart:
The Justice League cartoon was better than the Avengers cartoon. Just needed to be said.

Which Avenger's cartoon? The new one that is currently airing is actually pretty good and I would say its as good if not better that the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.

Warner Bros does have the abailty to make a multiple product spanning movie/show. For proof just look at Scooby Doo Mystery Incorperated series which has Quest Labs in an important cameo(like Iron Man 2 having Captain America's shield) as well as older and more obscure mystery solving teams in a dream sequence and the wikipedia page says Dino Mutt will be included later and more HB characters are probably possible not to mention the series own main story is very good and Udo Kier as Professor Paracles is great as a possible villian.

Well that was obvious. No one can rebuff the the Supermzzzzzzzzzzzzz argument.

emeraldrafael:
Im gonna call the justice league on this one if youre going to say whos going to win in a straight up fight. The best player on the avengers is either Iron man or Thor (cause lets face it, you tell captain america to hurt someone like superman who is ACTUAL US personified [an immigrant who made their life and actually achieved the dream of success and love and all that jazz, while having the boy scout morals Captain is so famous for], and hes just going to roll over and die), and they have to then fight Superman, Batman (who will go toe to toe with tony and i would say win, because hes caught more training and skill), Martian man hunter, green lantern, and wonderwoman.

and really, when the weakest link in your chain can theorectically summon and control Cthulu, whos stronger.

Wolverine would beat Batman, Thor would fight Superman, Quicksilver could take on the Flash, Ms Marvel could fight Wonderwoman, Vision could go up against the Martian Manhunter, Iron Man would occupy Green Lantern, and none of it would mater because the Scarlet Witch would destroy them all.

I don't think a Justice League movie could work to be honest, but then I haven't seen The Avengers movie yet so maybe I'll change my mind when I have.

unsmart:

I assume you mean the most recent Avengers cartoon and I agree. Voice acting was better too.

Yes, this. It doesn't matter who would win in a fight when one member could conceivably go crazy, say 3 words, and depower or kill all of them.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here