GinxTV: Top 5 Kill Cams

Top 5 Kill Cams

Smile! You're on candid camera.

Watch Video

Damn, I completely forgot about Stranglehold, I've always wanted it in my game collection... I should fix that.

While it doesn't have a killcam per say, but you can get some great slomo combo kills with the sniper rifle in BulletStorm[1], much like Sniper Elite you get the slo mo effect when shot in zoom with the added fun points of blowing random shit up!, and the game rewards you for it too!.

I always loved Max Payne 2's slo mo spin around reload animation too.

[1] any DMC fans should buy BulletStorm, its Devil May Cry in FPS form

Another worthy mention would be Wanted. It's not a particularly deep game but there's something euphoric about seeing a bullet curve it's way around an obstacle to it's intended target.

Why the hell are Skyrim's kill cams in here? They are so badly made.

Basing your number one top spot on a game that isn't even out yet? Stay classy Ginx.

Sniper Elite V2 looks like an awesome game! And that's coming from someone who's never had the patience to play as a sniper.

It's good but it's no Lisa Foiles.

Still great to see Sniper Elite on there, But I'd put Mortal Kombat over Skyrim.

First time I've watched this show, can't say I'm all too impressed. I preferred Lisa Foiles' top 5 videos because she at least made me laugh.

I also didn't like how the number one spot was for a game that isn't even out yet.

DigitalSushi:
Damn, I completely forgot about Stranglehold, I've always wanted it in my game collection... I should fix that.

I bought Stranglehold for 2 because I enjoyed the demo, but even for that miniscule price, I regret the purchase, I really, really, really, wouldn't recommend it.

Chairman Miaow:

DigitalSushi:

I bought Stranglehold for 2 because I enjoyed the demo, but even for that miniscule price, I regret the purchase, I really, really, really, wouldn't recommend it.

poppycock.

Stranglehold is much like Devil May Cry and BulletStorm in that the real fun starts when you've unlocked everything, then you start killing with skill, I hear the first playthrough is a bit boring though.

DigitalSushi:

Chairman Miaow:

DigitalSushi:

poppycock.

Stranglehold is much like Devil May Cry and BulletStorm in that the real fun starts when you've unlocked everything, then you start killing with skill, I hear the first playthrough is a bit boring though.

So you are telling me that my opinion about a game is wrong even though you haven't played it? fair enough.

Chairman Miaow:

DigitalSushi:

Chairman Miaow:

poppycock.

So you are telling me that my opinion about a game is wrong even though you haven't played it? fair enough.

No i'm saying that you stating its not worse 2 quid is poppy cock.

Your making an extreme statement there, 2 quid, not worth your time?. dude its 2 pounds.

How about you let me judge for myself when I get to play it.

Uh really? Skyrim? how about fallout 3/nv the idea for it came from there.

DigitalSushi:

Chairman Miaow:

DigitalSushi:

poppycock.

Your making an extreme statement there, 2 quid, not worth your time?. dude its 2 pounds.

I never said you couldn't buy it or judge for yourself, I said I wouldn't recommend it because I really didn't enjoy it and I wasted my money. The amount was irrelevant, if I bought a pile of shit for a penny, that penny would still be a waste of money. Stranglehold was a waste of my money. It might not be a waste of yours. I was trying to do something nice by recommending you stay away, but I never said you couldn't decide for yourself.

Chairman Miaow:

DigitalSushi:

Chairman Miaow:

I never said you couldn't buy it or judge for yourself, I said I wouldn't recommend it because I really didn't enjoy it and I wasted my money. The amount was irrelevant, if I bought a pile of shit for a penny, that penny would still be a waste of money. Stranglehold was a waste of my money. It might not be a waste of yours. I was trying to do something nice by recommending you stay away, but I never said you couldn't decide for yourself.

So basically we are arguing about subjective opinions, *shakes fist*.

What do you think about God Hand?, tread carefully.
*gives chairman a cock eyed look*

FogHornG36:
Uh really? Skyrim? how about fallout 3/nv the idea for it came from there.

I agree. It's criminal that Skyrim should be on that list, but not Fallout 3, which has a far cooler array of weapon effects.
Also, that jab at mages was funny. :P

DigitalSushi:

Chairman Miaow:

DigitalSushi:

So basically we are arguing about subjective opinions, *shakes fist*.

What do you think about God Hand?, tread carefully.
*gives chairman a cock eyed look*

Can't say I've every played it. And yay for the internet! Number one cause of misunderstanding and misinterpretation since sensationalist media!

See, I WOULD watch this, but the Escapist already had a show dedicated to Top Fives. Hosted by a perky brunette whose hair was bleached, then dyed it red later on. And she was very entertaining.

I miss Lisa Foiles.

Proverbial Jon:
Basing your number one top spot on a game that isn't even out yet? Stay classy Ginx.

Sniper Elite V2 looks like an awesome game! And that's coming from someone who's never had the patience to play as a sniper.

Pure marketing vehicle, which honestly it sometimes feels like that is what The Escapist is turning into. It will be a shame if that happens, as The Escapist is really a pioneer in web based video content.

Whilst not as good as Lisa Foiles, GinxTV has gotten better. =D

Kungfu_Teddybear:
First time I've watched this show, can't say I'm all too impressed. I preferred Lisa Foiles' top 5 videos because she at least made me laugh.

I also didn't like how the number one spot was for a game that isn't even out yet.

Felt more like a damn advertisement than anything else, and this is coming from someone who found Lisa annoying as hell.. least she was entertaining...

Overall a fun enough piece, but there is that nagging feeling like you've just had an ad crammed down your throat. Even if the guys who made this were genuinely exited about the release, Max might not have been the best choice.

Sniper Elite sounded vaguely interesting, a realistic sniping game might be cool. After seeing that, yeah, not getting it. Kill cams are fine, but that 'x-ray' nonsense is just tasteless. A quote from their Steam page: "Amazing 'kill cam' technology showcases what really happens when a bullet enters an enemy's body, allowing players to see hearts and lungs tear, livers burst, and bones shatter." Not for me, thanks.

What's annoying is when your enemies get kill cams, like the Dragons in Skyrim. Yeah I get it, I'm dead. Can I reload my last save now?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here