Escape to the Movies: Avengers

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Avengers

MovieBob takes you into the upcoming blockbuster The Avengers.

Watch Video

I'm english so I've seen this already. Was looking forward to seeing Moviebob gush about this movie like a fanboy because y'know, this movie is great and totally deserves it.

The after credits scene for the avengers was the best scene to ever scene in scening history.

I'm not a huge comic book-reading-person-what-have-you, but I've read some here and there and I am quite familiar with pretty much all the characters in the Avengers.

That said, I was really scared that this movie was going to be crap, or at least "meh".

Two and a half hours later, I stumbled out of the movie theater, and I have never laughed so hard in an action movie or fist-pumped so hard to myself at all the awesome moments and awesome awesome awesome awesome.

Awesome.

Can't say I'm surprised. This is Marvels bank after all, they've poured in how many Millions, or even Billions, into these movies with the plain to bring them all together, there's no way they would have risked making it some half-assed attempt.

Still, nice to know they smashed it out of the park.

*Blue Ribbon* Captcha agrees.

According to one of the trivia tidbits for The Avengers over at IMDB, the original cut was over three hours long. Hopefully this cut will make it to DVD/Blu-ray?

Saw the midnight release last night and it was f'ing AWESOME! Hulk smash puny god, awesome use of Cap's shield + Repulsor ray, some good quips from Thor and Scarlet's ass in 3D.

In Joss We Trust, indeed.

I haven't seen Iron Man 2, Thor or Captain America yet, but I have them all ready on standby.

Me and my fiancee are gonna sit down, watch 'em all, then go see The Avengers.

I'd expect nothing less after all the effort that's been put into preparing for this movie. Thanks to the continuity of the Marvel superhero films, they've put together an excellent...

Yeah... yeah, it was really good. Saw it aboun a week ago here in germany and it met my expectations. It was a pure action movie without much complexety but as far as pure action movies go i couldn't think of many movies that are as good at what they're doing as Avengers is. It's well written, well directed, well acted and, which is what makes it work, it features a lot of famous, memorable and likeable characters and knew exactly how to write them.

I wish my cut of the film had the "Joke" in the stinger but oh well.

i am not sure if moviebob has read it but hawkeyes costume is based on the ultimate version not the classic purple costume, and i think it is so much better and more realistic as a paractical and useful outfit for hawkeye in this film and the comics

I loved the mid credits scene. Thanks to you I got the double meaning.

Will go out to see the movie in a few hours, but as far as the "keep this going" goes I really hope the powers that be can piece together the Black Panther movie that's been floating around.

I can only see Dr. Strange as the next do-able big movie. Not sure if Black Panther, Antman or Namor could make it as a big screen release on their own.

Dude I want wasp and Ant man in their own movie.

as promised last week a shot for every praise from bob on film and am now SERIOUSLY drunk lol

Aw man, now I have to find that joke! Though, I'm planning to rewatch it, I wonder if it'll be added. Can anyone give some tips, maybe a youtube video?

Anyway, I absolutely loved the movie, and am glad you did as well Bob, though I never doubted it. I just can't believe how awesome it all turned out in the end. Joss Whedon did a brilliant job, to see my favourite writer/director finally get a big blockbuster, and succeeding so fantastically, gives me great hope for the future. And man is Hulk awesome in that movie. I'm glad the US release is finally here so I can fangasm with the rest of y'all, though it's a bit sad to not be able to gloat over you Americans as revenge for all the TV shows I'm forced to wait on.

This'll be the first Blu-ray I'm gonna buy. Hopefully there's gonna be a box set, can anyone provide info on that?

The magic object is seen first in Thor. During one scene in the treasure room the camera goes by and it is in the hidden scene after the credits. *nitpick*

Frostbite3789:

That was one of the lines that made me laugh--when Cap gets the "flying monkeys" reference.

Hey, I just realized something...

I want to turn the last title card around a bit. "Come on, Warner Brothers, up your game!"

They can do it. The problem is they try too hard. They keep swinging for the fences with huge budgets and striking out. Marvel movies only got good after a decade or more of low budget crap making every mistake they could. WB needs to back a string of modestly priced, not necessarily blockbuster DC super-hero movies until things start to click. Then they might be able to mount a Justice League movie that will be worthy of debating whether it matches or beats the Avengers.

Saw this last week(in Sweden) and I loved every second of it. Swedes are normaly quiet in theaters but there were a lot of cheers and laugh at loud moments and was met by applause when the credits rolled.
I might have to rethink my budget for the summer cause I can't imagine waiting fot thee DVD to see it again.

Went to the Midnight showing, was actually in the Marathon room with My Friend who had been there for 12h

It was a ton of fun despite missing some lines while the nerdgasms died down. I LOVED this movie, the humour and tone is almost pitch perfect and the after credits scene is just...wow. Its annoying me that I cant watch the review yet but will sit back and enjoy it later.

HULK SMASH!!!

I am totally willing to bet that there'll be a scene after the credits of The Amazing Spider-Man that reveals he will be in The Avengers 2.

It was an amazingly fun film, im so happy that it doesn't ask you to leave your brain at the door.

Hitchmeister:
I want to turn the last title card around a bit. "Come on, Warner Brothers, up your game!"

They can do it. The problem is they try too hard. They keep swinging for the fences with huge budgets and striking out. Marvel movies only got good after a decade or more of low budget crap making every mistake they could. WB needs to back a string of modestly priced, not necessarily blockbuster DC super-hero movies until things start to click. Then they might be able to mount a Justice League movie that will be worthy of debating whether it matches or beats the Avengers.

I think WB should just quit the Live action game and give a big ass budget to Bruce Timm and the WB animation team, to make Feature Length animated movie.

Daystar Clarion:
I haven't seen Iron Man 2, Thor or Captain America yet, but I have them all ready on standby.

...where have you been the past 5 years? Just..

SEE THEM ALL. NOW.

OT: for once i agree with you bob, quite possibly my favorite movies in the past half decade or so, they did so many damn things right it is mind bogglingly awesome.

every cent this movie makes is well earned.

I have better things to do than boost Marvel's chronic narcissism. After four lackluster movies there is NO WAY that this makes up for them. Now that this is done I can just wait until Dark Knight Rises comes along and then watch as the comic book movie bubble inevitably bursts.

"Let's keep these things coming"

Agreed. I would so love to see a movie about Hank Pym. He's one of the most interesting Marvel characters in my mind.

Mostly though, it's time for Marvel to start taking back some of the wayward children. It's time to bring the Fantastic Four and the X-men back under the wing of the parent company. Now that they have this whole movie making thing down, it's time to stop letting Fox fuck around and half ass them. And for the love of God, stop letting Sony shit on Spiderman!!!

TheKasp:
The magic object is seen first in Thor. During one scene in the treasure room the camera goes by and it is in the hidden scene after the credits. *nitpick*

if you are going by actual storyline timeline, it appears in captain america first.

*scratching your nitpick as it turns into a open wound sore*

gmaverick019:

Daystar Clarion:

...where have you been the past 5 years? Just..

SEE THEM ALL. NOW.

OT: for once i agree with you bob, quite possibly my favorite movies in the past half decade or so, they did so many damn things right it is mind bogglingly awesome.

every cent this movie makes is well earned.

I just really never got around to seeing them.

I'm not one to rush to the cinema unless it's something I really want to watch.

Frostbite3789:

Wait, I don't get it. I mean, I get that

Please tell me that end credit scene you had mention is in the US only. I was glad that other scene appear during the credit and I was in a hurry.
Also man the way you describe make me want to watch it the second time already.

Dr Snakeman:

Frostbite3789:

Well...

Ahhhh! I can't wait! I'm glad they didn't mess it up after all of the buildup. Tomorrow is the DAY!

Dr Snakeman:

Frostbite3789:

You can go read MovieBob's Intermission for more details on what it is all about.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here