LoadingReadyRun: Fun With Microwaves 3

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Fun With Microwaves 3

Much like their previous episodes, the LRR crew takes a week of from sketch comedy to bring you this.

Watch Video

What kind of light bulb is that at about 6 minuets in?

I can safely say I was not expecting you to revisit that. Interesting. The eggs at the end were fantastic.

Its been so long, and that was exactly what I needed today...

One of these days, you're going to do a "fun with microwaves" video that ends with the Great Fire of Victoria.

On an totally unrelated note, I assure you, how about microwaving a tank of propane?

I want Paul sent off for poor punning!

Perhaps it's a good thing that I don't own a microwave oven.

Awe, no marshmallow tubes like the last vids, those were my favourites. ;)

Ok now I'm afraid of eating Wagon Wheel let alone mashmallow although that could be the least of my worries if I was inside a microwave.

Nice. All the things I ever wanted to blow up in a microwave but never hated my microwave enough to see what would happen. Now I don't have to wonder.

One of my university lecturers thought it was hilarious, in an lecture theatre demonstration, to use an egg he'd had sitting in a box in his office for weeks. Thankfully, at the end of the lecture, and none of us were in the following lecture in that room.

Ah, it's been too long - do another one soon!!

For Science?!

Oh. God. This is amazing! I have not seen the others yet. Guess what I'm doing next?! Seriously, this made my month. Maybe. We'll see if Avengers later today can top this.

1) What's the minimum safe distance you guys use for these things? I think I'd be on the other side of the road, preferably behind something big and heavy.

2) I can't be the only one who heard "Wagon Wheel", thought "How are they going to fit a whole wheel inside a microwave?" and was then surprised to find there is a chocolate confection with that name, can I?

So I guess when a guy wearing a t-shirt that says "Life" gives you lemons at PAX East, you skip the lemonade phase and throw those suckers right in the microwave. Cave Johnson approves.

I got far too excited about the expanding bar of soap.
The smile bulb was also pretty grand.

There's something incredibly hpynotic about watching those CD's melt.

You should have put a mouse in there.

Not ALIVE, of course.
I keep snakes and other animals that eat mice, so I buy these frozen mice from the pet shop or breeders.
And the first thing anyone who buys them is told is that you should defrost them by soaking them in warm water, and not in a microwave, because if you do, they explode.

I'd like to see if they do explode, but I'm not going to risk messing up my microwave.

I think I got a little cancer just from watching this video.

I was hoping they'd put a dozen eggs in there, since they specified 1 egg...
Still, that was awesome.
FOR SCIENCE!

Mythbusters and jawbreakers (aka, how do you injure a Mythbuster? Poor Christine.)

They don't show it in that clip, but at the end when it explodes and hits Adam and Christine, that was their microwave condition.

I was on the edge of my sit all the time. Didn't know science was this interesting

The last egg: I did that before when I was a kid. Pulled it out, poked it with a fork, boom. Went all over the ceiling and everything. I cleaned up the shell pieces from the surfaces, but the shell fragments on the ceiling are what got me caught eventually. Ahhh, memories of youth. Thanks LRR!

Was this all shot at full speed? If not, it would have been nice if sections that were sped up or slowed down had a notation on-screen of what speed they were being played at.

Anyway, that was AWESOME! Started off slow, but talk about ending with a BANG!

Lieju:

Not ALIVE, of course.
I keep snakes and other animals that eat mice, so I buy these frozen mice from the pet shop or breeders.
And the first thing anyone who buys them is told is that you should defrost them by soaking them in warm water, and not in a microwave, because if you do, they explode.

I'd like to see if they do explode, but I'm not going to risk messing up my microwave.

Honestly I don't think they'll ever put an animal in there. Even if it's dead people will be up in arms about it. Which yeah, doesn't make sense but people don't make sense.

Now I'm wondering if you guys have ever watched "Is It a Good Idea to Microwave This?".

Also, SCIENCE!

Eric the Orange:

Honestly I don't think they'll ever put an animal in there. Even if it's dead people will be up in arms about it. Which yeah, doesn't make sense but people don't make sense.

See also:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/daily-drop/2720-Rockfish

Its been so long since one of these , awesome to see guys especially for science.

Next try to microwave mobile phone while it sends sms to someone
According to Steins;Gate you should send message to the past :D

Eric the Orange:

Lieju:

Not ALIVE, of course.

People were up in arms about a dead fish being dropped on The Daily Drop, let alone something being microwaved.

But yeah, Viva la Sheer Stupidity for the sake of science!

My guess concerning the egg is that the yolk became super-heated and remained fluid, while the white cooked to a semi-solid and held it in containment. When Paul deformed the egg, the white was breached and the yolk boiled to vapor immediately.

It looks like you lost the turntable at some point, but I'm surprised the microwave survived the abuse you hurled at it.

Paul, you're an egghead :D

I wish I had some nixie tubes to send in. :D

Those vacuum tubes and light bulbs were awesome.

The lightbulbs were beautiful, the eggs tense.

What a fine way to liven up a rainy Monday evening. Tar very muchly chaps/chapesses!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here