Unskippable: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Intro to an epic fantasy game or Power Rangers action scene? You decide.

Watch Video

Character animation is almost as bad as your spell-check
lol rendom

Blind Guardian is awesome!

DVS BSTrD:
lol rendom

That's the New Zealand pronunciation, though.

Man, game studios must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

5ilver:
Man, game studios must really be scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.

That one has actually been bankrupt and dead for about 4 years.

Oh god, who the hell made this game?! The rule of cutscenes is never stick to one camera angle for more than a minute, isn't it? And who bug-tested this?

Kmadden2004:

DVS BSTrD:
lol rendom

But they're Canadian!

For the crappy design, graphics, voice acting, character models, cutscenes, and general WTF-ness of this, the effect of the sunlight's movement on the floor is fantastic...

The Gentleman:
For the crappy design, graphics, voice acting, character models, cutscenes, and general WTF-ness of this, the effect of the sunlight's movement on the floor is fantastic...

That's what all the money went into, the sunlight's movement effect.

OT: Honestly, the scene with the blind man looked decent, but when it switched to the battle it just looked horrible, imo.

HOly shit that part with the buggy animation trying to get out of the door made me LOL

can you play as the dog with the laser gun for a arm? I would so buy that game

nice dragon force like music during the CGI part

Good God, what an ugly game. Even the drawings in that book looked like something from a 12 year old's DA page. I'd hate to see what Sacred 1 looked like.

DVS BSTrD:

Kmadden2004:

DVS BSTrD:
lol rendom

But they're Canadian!

True, true.

Oh well, nothing to really be concerned aboot.

My first thought was Queen, actually. The harmonies and all.

GO GO LIZARD RIDING RANDOM FANTASY GUYS YOU LIZARD RIDING RANDOM FANTASY GUYS!

*guitar solo*

One would think the whole medieval with a sci fi twist sound awesome but that just look terrible. I also did a quick wiki and it was out five years ago which is surpising consider the lag and the created character doesn't match the cutscene make it look far more dated.

That Blind Guardian song is possibly the ONLY well-produced aspect of the entire game.

Of all the Unskippable previews I've seen, this looks like the worst actual game. Anyone know if there's any actual merit to it?

Looks like they're still loading the textures at 3:00.

Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

Yes, the seraphim are blond only.

- - -

Edit: The game is actually nice, but the map is enormous. A lot of humor too.

Wow, this was a terrible, terrible looking game.
I was hypnotised watching the lady on the bed repeat the same animations over and over though...

This is by far the best part of the game:

Edit: No, Blind Guardian making music for it and being able to go to a in-game Blind Guardian concert was not the only reason I played the game....

Heh, when I played this game way back, "Butt power breeds fear" was the first thing that popped into my mind as well.
I chuckled.

Jesus that game looks shitty.

I remember this incredibly boring and lackluster title... Glad I never bought it. It just wasn't fun.

Kmadden2004:

DVS BSTrD:

Kmadden2004:

But they're Canadian!

True, true.

Oh well, nothing to really be concerned aboot.

well, well, Kathleen was born in new Zealand so yeah. Not that she was in this but... yeah.

The game strongly reminds me of Warcraft.

... the first one.

Is is just me, or did the introduction with the old guy looked a little bit like the intro to Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall? Also, I think whoever developed this game was trying for a possible Diablo clone, but didn't put a lot of effort into it.

It looked interesting until the book closed.

I wouldn't mind fighting wizard skeletons if i could use a laser gun in one hand and a sword in the other, it actually sounds kinda fun in a silly way, but i have to say my excitement dropped like a giant boulder once the actual game animations kicked in.

Did he say the land was threatened by tea-energy?

Oh god, Sacred 2 was such a bad game, but the intro cutscene was such an amazing amount of rofl that it hardly needs commentary to make it a parody of itself. And yeah, the robot dog with lazerz is awesome...

Damn, is that really what Alaska looks like? I've never been there.

This is why Russia sold Alaska to the US so cheaply - because of all the monsters.

Fair warning: DO NOT BUY THIS GAME. Its a buggy piece of shit. The Steam page says its compatible with Windows 7, but its not. It is literally the buggiest game I have ever... Well, I didnt really play it, I guess, because it wouldnt run.

Luckily I didnt waste money on it since my friend had spare keys, but you know, just saying. In case anyone watches this video and thinks "I want to play this", which is a little unlikely.

i actually own this game. i liked it a lot when it came out. but yea, the cutscenes, voice acting and stuff were terrible :p. maybe i liked it because i didn't have anything else to play lol

those are some very cheerful birds.

also, i kinda liked the first half of the cutscene, as stupid as it was, but the second half was just badly done and boring

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here