Unskippable: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I feel that Graham and Paul need to do full playthrough of this game. It's something special.

I'd love to see you guys do a lets play of this because it seems fairly hilarious.

I vote you GPLP this next. It looks so awful.

I thought it was odd that the character deviated so far to one side when running across that bridge... but the bit at the end just took the cake.

I like to think that the fact it ignored your character creation at the start implies that the whole scene was prerendered -- 5ft blink, nonsensical animation during speech and all.

EDIT:
I hadn't read this far into the thread prior to typing this, but... ↑↑↑ This guy. I second this guy.

EDIT EDIT:
Indeed, I fourth these THREE guys.

I've actually played this game, it's really not all that bad, not exactly a world class Action RPG, but it isn't bad. Besides, the robot dog-thing with the laser is one of the playable classes so how is that not awesome?
Also one of the side quests involves helping the band the does the theme song recover their instruments and when you complete it, after a little scene where they play the theme song in game, you get to keep the instruments and use them as weapons.

Wow, that opening cutscene was positively metal! (Maybe I should give these "Blind Guardian" guys a look...)

It also kinda reminded me of Warcraft and its ilk... except buggier.

Nothing they said was as funny as the character randomly changing... I mean... holy hell.

I'm pretty new to these Unskippable videos, but... Isn't this a bit late?
I mean, the game came out in 2008.

That said, I did get the game when it came out.
Took a few patches to make it playable, but I never got very far in it because of how lame the Seraphim was compared to Sacred 1 - which was a pretty brilliant game, actually.

xrogaan:
Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

Yes, the seraphim are blond only.

That is absolutely not true.
This is the PS3 version and you certainly can change the hair on the Seraphim.
We make sure that anything we mock is these scenes in the game's fault... we would never make fun of something caused by a change we made.

Tayh:
I'm pretty new to these Unskippable videos, but... Isn't this a bit late?
I mean, the game came out in 2008.

That said, I did get the game when it came out.
Took a few patches to make it playable, but I never got very far in it because of how lame the Seraphim was compared to Sacred 1 - which was a pretty brilliant game, actually.

We don't really have a mandate to only do new stuff, we often switch it up.
Besides! Then we would've missed this!

Graham_LRR:

xrogaan:
Actually, you can't change the hair color for that character (or any other character). Therefor, they had to use some kind of hack which then probably introduced the differents issues witnessed in the cutscene.

We make sure that anything we mock is these scenes in the game's fault... we would never make fun of something caused by a change we made.

It's ok Graham. Anyone else notice the person who posted this has ONE post on all of the escapist and this person is the only one saying posotive things about the game?

Cuz i noticed. Sneaky dev's trying to defend their hilariously bad cutscene.

That was terrible... which made it better! Go character spaz!

I want to know what happened in the rest of that prerendered cutscene! It's like the old guy was someone's grouchy dad who stomps in, turns off the TV at the best part and says, "say goodbye to your friends, you have homework to do NOW."

What the heck was that?

A real quality game, I see.

RE: GPLP
No, no, no! The game isn't bad or anything, but it's not even a little bit cutscene filled. Other than the intro and the Blind Guardian concert I can't remember seeing a single cutscene after many many hours of inventory management, Diablo-esque combat/looting, and text dumps for quests. The PCs occasionally have their own commentary and I think the main quests have voice-overs but it's still just text windows.

Fun factoid: Did you know that you couldn't finish the original Sacred without using a cheat via the dev console, because one of the *main* quests was bugged. Glad to see them retaining their unique QA quality in the sequel.

...You lost me at fantasy robot dogs with laser hands.

ForgottenPr0digy:
can you play as the dog with the laser gun for a arm? I would so buy that game

Yes, you can play it. It's called a "temple guard" or something like that and it's truly and utterly horrible. I bought that game because the first one was the first RPG I ever played and was simply fantastic and fun.
Sacred 2 on the other hand ran at about .3 FPS which means you could paste the whole gameplay into powerpoint with a star fade after every slide and it'd still be faster than actually playing it... I have not touched that game since I first took it out of my CD drive.

That Blind Guardian song would have deserved a lot better than this game.

Oh, I fucking love Sacred 2!

Its awful, with very few redeeming features (That opening cutscene being probably the best thing in the game), it doesn't give you any ideas on how the ridiculously complex levelling system works, and its impossible at higher difficulties if you don't level up right, it has, like, two battle themes for each character which don't get tired AT ALL after seventeen bazillion fights, the frame rate is bad, the animations jerky and some batshit crazy voice acting, but it does have a quaint old school charm to it. Probably clocked up 150 hours with my Seraphim alone.

Ugh, what have I don't with my life?

Blind Guardian is not Dragonforce.... /shudder

That's Blind Guardian, for those who don't know. And a cookie if you know what the song is based on.

Oh my god, that was brilliant! It was so bad that it became great, I have to find this! The theme, the camera angles, it was all just awful. You need to do a GPLP of that! Please, it would save me the trouble of finding this game.
You should probably add release date to the game info below the video, apparently the game came out in 2009. Still no excuse, but interesting.

Do I spot a new candidate for a "lets play" ? Would be awesome with all the glitches and bugs, not to mention the "original" plot. Plus, from what I've heard, there's 200h+ of game time !

Graham_LRR:

xrogaan:

It's the same for the 360 version. Awhile back, two of my friends each bought themselves a copy. One of them had a Seraphim with black hair I believe.

He let me borrow the game shortly after, I played it for about an hour and then handed it right back.
My other friend must be some kind gaming-masochist because he played every class all the way through and got all the achievements. I don't know how, but he really liked it.

Great video. I laughed before I even started it, just because I saw you guys were doing this game. When I saw that intro, in that hour of playing I did, I thought what the hell. I actually thought something similar to the grade school child's doodles, so that was one of the best parts of the video for me.

Graham_LRR:

xrogaan:

The confusion likely comes from the fact that the ps3 version came out after the Pc version and was supposed to have more features character creation being one of them. Also explains the glitch since they just used the original cutscenes.

GET ON WITH IT!

Midriff, Paul, not "mid-rift."

Aw... too bad you talked over the part about the "butt power" breeding "fear, anger, and Jello-C"...

How... fortuitous that a game of this caliber is played on Unskippable immediately after the last Graham and Paul's Let's play ended...

(GET TO IT)

I thought the open cutscene was bad, but then the second part came up and... wow...

Not even Fallout 3 NPC models are that robotic and mechanical in their movements.

Add some extra blood and have that one elf girl show up topless and this is pretty much "Heavy Metal" the animated movie.

Funny thing about this game is, it's well worth the 15 bucks.

burningdragoon:
This is by far the best part of the game:

Edit: No, Blind Guardian making music for it and being able to go to a in-game Blind Guardian concert was not the only reason I played the game....

I love how even the giant golem managed to score tickets to that concert. Must've had to buy at least five seats worth though...

Also, I bet you that during that old man's tale he had his iPod hooked to a speaker system to accompany his story telling. He was probably air guitaring to it during the solo parts.

One of the best ARPGs I have played in years. Massive worlds, massive amount of content, great combat and all of that jizz. And the graphics, what the hell, how the hell are they bad? Sure, the CGI looks pretty awful, but the ingame graphics, character animation during combat are all well done. And the only thing that matters in this type of game is the combat, you aren't going to spending much time within in-game cutscenes, there are none. Hell, the voice acting is cheesy and seems almost intentional. Just listen to the evil vs good character dialogues, add the different class selection to the mix, and it's a recipe for awesomeness. It never bores me to stay idle for a few minutes and listen to the evil shadow warrior moan about how I am trying to kill him with old age. :)

Going back to the graphics, did I say the world is massive, as in World of Warcraft, or MMO-like massive? Huge cities, huge outdoor environments, and a great massive amount of colors that are not from different shades of brown, grey or purple. The quests are fun, the boss battles are well done, and for a game that came out in it's time, it had dragon boss battles, real dragon boss battles, you know, something that wasn't exactly implemented properly in any other ARPG. And the different enemy types, and classes. Simply astounding. Did I also mention that the choices of weaponry for your character beats any other RPG out there? Want to wield a 2H sword/axe/hammer, a halberd, a pike, a shield & sword, dual wielding? Guess want you can do each of these and more. That's character customization, not selecting what hair color you have. And for PC owners of the game, the expansion did add those options, but they are meaningless withing an ARPG / diablo-clone, as you are going to be watching your character wearing his armor more than displaying his polished red colored nails.

And the character classes are fun as well, well designed hybrids with some interesting facets, like the warrior being an undead, so he is a necromancer as well. The mage is the typical elemental mage, also she is an elf so she is a racist douchebag. The dragon mage is a dragon. Blah blah blah.

Just watch Angry Joe's review of the game. One of the best ARPGs out there.

Graham_LRR:

xrogaan:

Oh, okay. Sorry. From my memories, I couldn't change anything on my PC game.

But now I understand why it's so buggy: PS3. I don't need any other explanation than that. It is an understanding that this game isn't on his best on consoles.

- - -

cricket chirps:

Graham_LRR:

xrogaan:

It's ok Graham. Anyone else notice the person who posted this has ONE post on all of the escapist and this person is the only one saying posotive things about the game?

Cuz i noticed. Sneaky dev's trying to defend their hilariously bad cutscene.

Does that means I have to pass some sort of test or get through a prank for my comments to worth something ? If this subject is to mock a game no matter what, well, i'm sorry. But I really did enjoyed this game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here