Unskippable: Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Pages PREV 1 2 3

"Wow, he tells a gripping tale!" This was one of the funniest of these videos they ever made! It does look like a teenager's doodlings come alive. Except for the buggy spazzing-out at the end.

Was every part of this game--script, coding, and all--writen by 12 year olds?

It is running fine on my Windows 7 64bit computer. It probably detected your forum name and thought: fuck him.

Heh, I think I speak for all of us when I say... "Great continuity!"

Quaxar:

ForgottenPr0digy:
can you play as the dog with the laser gun for a arm? I would so buy that game

Yes, you can play it. It's called a "temple guard" or something like that and it's truly and utterly horrible. I bought that game because the first one was the first RPG I ever played and was simply fantastic and fun.
Sacred 2 on the other hand ran at about .3 FPS which means you could paste the whole gameplay into powerpoint with a star fade after every slide and it'd still be faster than actually playing it... I have not touched that game since I first took it out of my CD drive.

That Blind Guardian song would have deserved a lot better than this game.

Temple Guardian it's a melee/ranged hybrid with party support skills. It's also the only reason I bought the game (cheap on eBay). While it's intro is just as cringe worthy as this, it lasts less then a minute.

Shame though, I thought Sacred was awesome.

xrogaan:
Does that means I have to pass some sort of test or get through a prank for my comments to worth something ? If this subject is to mock a game no matter what, well, i'm sorry. But I really did enjoyed this game.

Is the point to mock a game no matter what?

Yes. Yes it is. Unskippable is a comedy show which mocks opening cutscenes. Whether or not you personally enjoyed the game is of no consequence. I have enjoyed many of the games featured on Unskippable, but that doesn't stop the cutscenes and Graham and Paul's commentary from being hilarious. If you take it less personally you might enjoy the show.

Also, no it doesn't mean you have to pass some sort of test to be taken seriously, but given the circumstances you have to admit you could have been part of the dev. team. To be honest, despite the SPAG issues with your post, I still think you might be.

Quaxar:

ForgottenPr0digy:

Yes, you can play it. It's called a "temple guard" or something like that and it's truly and utterly horrible. I bought that game because the first one was the first RPG I ever played and was simply fantastic and fun.
Sacred 2 on the other hand ran at about .3 FPS which means you could paste the whole gameplay into powerpoint with a star fade after every slide and it'd still be faster than actually playing it... I have not touched that game since I first took it out of my CD drive.

Temple Guardian was an awesome class, and had a lot of really fun skills to level up.

The game ran just fine on my computer, dunno what you were doing wrong with it though...

FelixG:

Quaxar:

ForgottenPr0digy:

Temple Guardian was an awesome class, and had a lot of really fun skills to level up.

The game ran just fine on my computer, dunno what you were doing wrong with it though...

Yeah, I have no idea either. The PC exceeded minimal specs and all and still I ended up with a slideshow. Might have tainted my judgement of the characters I played for about 5 minutes a tad bit.

Hashandir:
Do I spot a new candidate for a "lets play" ? Would be awesome with all the glitches and bugs, not to mention the "original" plot. Plus, from what I've heard, there's 200h+ of game time !

Eh, it wouldn't be as entertaining as you'd think. A lot of it is just running around a poorly designed landscape with a fairly limited variety of enemies at any given time. It's certainly playable, I got it for the offline co-op, but it's barely watchable.

The Anubis-monster was my favourite thing about the game. He's fun to play, I just wish activating skills felt more responsive. It's been a long time, but in a lot of ways this feels like a step backwards from Sacred: Gold Edition.

Captcha: rolling stone. Is that a slant against the golem?

"I think this is a Dragonforce song"

Mistaking Blind Guardian for Dragonforce.

FGSFDS

My god, this is like a horrible B movie of video games.

Thammuz:
"I think this is a Dragonforce song"

Mistaking Blind Guardian for Dragonforce.

FGSFDS

We didn't mistake it, they sound like similar artists.
Besides, there was a lot of explosion sounds masking the music.

You had me at 5 foot blink

This just looked overall horrendous.

the intro cutscene was cool, but after... wow... just crap, but hilarious with you guys as always

I'll say this.

For ALL the awful cutscene at the beginning, terrible voice acting, and WHAT THE HELL MOUNTS WHAT THE HELL DO THEY RIDE WHAT it had, it actually had some interesting mechanics.

It's kinda... it's like a B-movie but video game. It's kinda fun in its terrible sort of way, and so long as you go in going 'This is a b-movie' you'll actually have a great time playing it.

I did.

High Elf Frost MageMystic Stormite OP!

I hated this game's cutscenes and voice acting but actually really enjoyed it as a whole. It's more akin to a 3rd person Elder Scroll game. You can go anywhere (permitting you are high enough level to tackle the monsters in the area) and have a mount. Instead of focusing on a story-driven zone-by-zone quests, you kinda just went out and explored and found neat stuff to see and kill. The layout of the land is that of a continent, not just successive levels.

It is really hard to get past the awful first impression the game leaves. I honestly put down the game shortly after booting it up the first time. I decided to give it a second shot a few weeks later and found myself getting hooked shortly afterwards.

FYI: The Song is called Sacred and was actually performed by german speed metal oldies Blind Guardian and not by dragon force

Woah, I can't believe how horrible this game looks! I couldn't really hear the cutscene that well but I didn't need to, just to know how bad it was! Also, I loved how they were frozen and still moving their eyes. But the spazzing at the end REALLY got me!

Thank god they used the original Blind Guardian version <3

The new trailer/cutscene track makes the whole thing many, many times worse.

Sadly, Blind Guardian is the biggest reason anyone would ever buy this game. The track plays around the game in quite a great number of spots.

GO-GO GENERIC FANTASY RANGERS!

Uh-Oh! A rock Golem! We need generic-zord power now!

This game looks very shoddily designed. Bug testing failures that would make Bethesda blush, horrible graphics, and a ridiculous concept that takes itself waaaaay too seriously.

Not only that but I'm pretty sure the character they showed to be dying...I'm pretty sure I saw her in an early 2000s edition of PC Gamer Magazine at the start of a section on Guild Wars.

Well, that explains it then. They only QA'd the male characters and then this sort of nonsense happens.

An example of how this is truly a B-video game.

The Seraphim class has two options for hair. One is short, the other is that twin pony-tail thing.

Okay.

The Seraphim class has these things called 'wings' which are gaudy back armor which do, whatever they do. It's a diablo-like game, so it's an item slot. But, EVERY piece of wings armor will have clipping errors with the twin-ponytail hair no matter what she is doing.

Now bear in mind:

Twin ponytail is ONLY on the Seraphim, and it's only one of two hair styles.
Wings are ONLY useable by the Seraphim.

QUALITY!

And yet... the game is still fun.

See, up until that really long expository monologue I was kinda interested in this game. But then she was just doing the same 5 second animation repeatedly, while taking at me from a fixed camera angle and I wanted to kill something. That was the longest death speech of my life.

Also, am I the only one who looked at the Seraphim at first and was like "...is that a Warcraft Night elf?"

Did this game have any bug testing whatsoever? That door spazzing and the fact that they can't even have your character showing in the cutscene is just embarrassing.

Okay, I just wanna correct you on one thing at the 1:42 mark of the video:

This soundtrack does not seem appropriate for this time period... whatever time period this is.

I call bull, because Blind Guardian goes with absolutely everything. Even when it's an old blind man somehow reading of an epic battle from a book with no apparent Braille markings, Blind Guardian can make even that seem overly awesome.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here