Trailers: Assassin's Creed 3 - Gameplay Teaser

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Assassin's Creed 3 - Gameplay Teaser

Killing Redcoats has always been a dream of mine. Thank you Assassin's Creed.

Watch Video

Oh i really hate these things, I hope someone gets desperate enough to spam twitter and Facebook and get this thing over with

One minute isn't the point of the hidden blade to be more efficient than holding a knife like that so it's not obvious, you know, HIDDEN?

ProtoChimp:
One minute isn't the point of the hidden blade to be more efficient than holding a knife like that so it's not obvious, you know, HIDDEN?

Hidden blade: Now extra flashy, buy now and get 50% off on tap shoes to make yourself even less stealthy.

ProtoChimp:

Perhaps the hidden blade can be used in the traditional sense, removed to slash someone, or used as a throwing knife. Plus I would consider it more stealth if you could ditch the blade from the mechanism after stabbing someone. That way you don't get caught with a blade hidden under your forearm. I don't know I though it was awesome.

Yopaz:

ProtoChimp:

Hidden blade: Now extra flashy, buy now and get 50% off on tap shoes to make yourself even less stealthy.

I think you've caught onto where Garrett buys his equipment from...

That's a very interesting way to hold an arrow while shooting it.

Ammm...
"Assassin's Creed 3" - OK
"Teaser" - OK

Where is "Gameplay"? It was pre-rendered clip... No Gameplay. There is PLAY in that word for a reason you know. :)

Sadistic bastard ain't he?
I like >)

NightHawk21:

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed that.

...That's not Gameplay.
What the hell.

lralowicz:

Ammm...
"Teaser" - OK

Where is "Gameplay"? It was pre-rendered clip... No Gameplay. There is PLAY in that word for a reason you know. :)

Or maybe it wasn't pre-rendered but actual gameplay seen from a different camera angle.

Most people may not know this, because most people aren't ultimate badass killers like me, but an assassin doesn't walk around with an entire freakin' arsenal. One pointy stick, handmade, inserted into the proper area and discarded right after. Preferably slip out unnoticed while everyone still thinks the target fell asleep.

It's good to see the series goes a tiny step towards realism - no reason not to be able to detatch that damn blade.

Wait! Now we have to unlock gameplay footage? Damn you Ubisoft you horrid tease.

NightHawk21:

I noticed that too. Guy must have serious calluses on his fingers to avoid what I imagine would be serious wood burn. Also how the hell does the feather not get caught in his hand?

The Artificially Prolonged:

NightHawk21:

Also how the hell does the feather not get caught in his hand?

The magic of being an assassin. :P

They overestimate their fanbase

Dude, I want some REAL gameplay footage, jumping the trees, climbing, killing and fighting and how it will actually look in the damn game!

Also, that hidden blade/dagger thing is awesome!

the way the new hidden blade works makes sense here actually...given that there will be hunting and skinning involved in the wilderness and stuff. you need the leverage for more tactical use.

Wait! Now we have to unlock gameplay footage? Damn you Ubisoft you horrid tease.

NightHawk21:

I noticed that too. Guy must have serious calluses on his fingers to avoid what I imagine would be serious wood burn. Also how the hell does the feather not get caught in his hand?

I literally had to go back and rewatch that part like 3 times to try and rationalize what I was seeing there. I'm surprised he even hit the bastard holding the arrow as he was.

Triforceformer:

lralowicz:

Ammm...
"Teaser" - OK

Or maybe it wasn't pre-rendered but actual gameplay seen from a different camera angle.

The way I see it, it's a gameplay teaser. As in, a teaser for the actual gameplay. So, if you're going to tease your audience with the possibility of seeing some gameplay, it would kind of defeat the purpose of showing them the gameplay now, as opposed to later.

Probably just a bizarre coincidence, but I can't help but think the redcoat looks vaguely Desmond-ish at around the 0:25 mark.

Also, not getting the issue with the arrow here. Sure, his fingers do seem to pass through the head at one point, but I'm guessing that's more a clipping issue than down to Connor's technique.

CatsAttackAgain:

No, they don't.

poiumty:
Most people may not know this, because most people aren't ultimate badass killers like me, but an assassin doesn't walk around with an entire freakin' arsenal. One pointy stick, handmade, inserted into the proper area and discarded right after. Preferably slip out unnoticed while everyone still thinks the target fell asleep.

It's good to see the series goes a tiny step towards realism - no reason not to be able to detatch that damn blade.

Loved the Knife, and I loved how the hatchet head is the Assassin symbol

lralowicz:

Ammm...
"Teaser" - OK

It teased the gameplay, making it a gameplay teaser. Not a traditional approach, but logically justifiable all the same.

NightHawk21:

NightHawk21:

I literally had to go back and rewatch that part like 3 times to try and rationalize what I was seeing there. I'm surprised he even hit the bastard holding the arrow as he was.

I think that is why he only hit the leg, if he'd been holding it properly that would of been a kill shot :P

ProtoChimp:

Making the blade detachable opens up options in combat. There's alot more ways to use a knife when it's not strapped to your wrist. Chances are, you can just pop it back into the bracer, and use it in the traditional sense as well.

I think you guys are missing the point about the removable blade. He only took it out so he could scalp the guy, imagine skinning someone's head with a blade attached to your wrist, it's a little awkward. Believe me, I've tried.

I agree with a lot of the other people here; you shouldn't use the word "gameplay" when that's obviously not the case.

Farther than stars:
I agree with a lot of the other people here; you shouldn't use the word "gameplay" when that's obviously not the case.

I'm pretty sure its referred to as a gameplay teaser in that while the actual game doesn't show gameplay, it is the teaser video for the gameplay announcement. Its a lot like what happens with movie trailers or even some bigger games, you'll see a picture or a short video that is a teaser for the actual product. For example you'll see Dark Knight Teaser Video, and it shows some clips or something with maybe a date and/or location when/where it will be released. I would go so far as to say that that's the main difference between a trailer and a teaser in that a trailer has to show something concrete (usually whatever is in the title), while a teaser can do exactly that, tease without really showing anything. In that regard the title is not exactly misleading since it accurately states that its just a teaser.

NightHawk21:

Farther than stars:

I'm pretty sure its referred to as a gameplay teaser in that while the actual game doesn't show gameplay, it is the teaser video for the gameplay announcement. Its a lot like what happens with movie trailers or even some bigger games, you'll see a picture or a short video that is a teaser for the actual product. For example you'll see Dark Knight Teaser Video, and it shows some clips or something with maybe a date and/or location when/where it will be released. I would go so far as to say that that's the main difference between a trailer and a teaser in that a trailer has to show something concrete (usually whatever is in the title), while a teaser can do exactly that, tease without really showing anything. In that regard the title is not exactly misleading since it accurately states that its just a teaser.

'Yay' for... semantics, I guess? I'd still prefer the word "gameplay" be left from the trailer though - I mean, 'trailer' (right?).

artanis_neravar:

CatsAttackAgain:

No, they don't.

Oh boy, do they. If it weren't for the Desmond part, I'd sit this one out - as it is, i'll probably wait for a budget release.

That protagonist dude hasn't even said a word yet and I already don't like him. Also, the way I see it, this particular setting isn't even remotely interesting for someone who isn't already way into it - unlike the previous installments, where at least everything looked nice.

Oh well, we'll see.

Hammartroll:
I think you guys are missing the point about the removable blade. He only took it out so he could scalp the guy, imagine skinning someone's head with a blade attached to your wrist, it's a little awkward. Believe me, I've tried.

I didn't think about scalping; kinda stereotypically 'native brave', but I guess that's the most likely reason for it. Still, the engineer in me shudders at the thought of designing such a overly-complex mechanism when everyone in those days carried at least a small knife.

Zydrate:
...That's not Gameplay.
What the hell.

If this were in the forums, the OP would get suspended for a misleading thread title.

TheCaptain:

artanis_neravar:

CatsAttackAgain:

No, they don't.

Oh boy, do they. If it weren't for the Desmond part, I'd sit this one out - as it is, i'll probably wait for a budget release.

That protagonist dude hasn't even said a word yet and I already don't like him. Also, the way I see it, this particular setting isn't even remotely interesting for someone who isn't already way into it - unlike the previous installments, where at least everything looked nice.

Oh well, we'll see.

You, you, you, you. That's all your post talks about. What you think of the game. These series have a large following of fans, just judging by the sales of the previous games. Judging by what the people on this site have said, there is a lot of interest in this game. So don't base the entire fan base off of your opinions.

actually i imagine the gameplay will come when the required views/shares have been met

What? No "I used to be a redcoat, but then I took an arrow in the knee" jokes? Come on people, you are slipping...

lralowicz:

Ammm...
"Teaser" - OK

I think it was supposed to be a teaser to a teaser.

Teaserception.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or