No Right Answer: Best Time Machine Ever

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Best Time Machine Ever

Would-be debaters only have until the 17th to enter the Ur Right Answer fan contest? Clearly a time machine is needed to expand that timeframe for more entries, but which time machine is best?

Watch Video

I would have be shocked if no one brought up the DeLorean.

Still T.A.R.D.I.S. wins, it can through both space and time. Plus, it's a freaking police box, what's not cool about that?

Loved the ending. Also, BEST QUOTE OF THE WEEK EVAR!!!

Can't wait to quote that to some Dr. Who fans to piss them off...

I took a lot pleasure in the fact that you both a) had a copy of Chrono Trigger in the background and b) a lot of Mike's arguments for the TARDIS being the best also applied to the Epoch.

Spit takes? Where we're going we don't need SPIT TAKES!

At least they didn't try to use President Obama's magical time machine as a debate tool.

TARDIS can go in space ANYWHERE...
and is a woman!

(also, that episode was written by Neil Gaiman...)

I'd totally forgotten about the 'Phone Booth' :)

good times ....

and since i've actually seen Bill and Ted, AND the Back to the Futures, this is really

the Phone Booth VS the DeLorean to me

in which case ...

i pick the DeLorean, cause it was a flying car

1st reaction: Oh cool they're gonna do the delorian right?
*Sees the Title*
2nd reaction: HOW DARE THEY NOT DO THE DELORIAN!? *breathes fire*
*watches the end*
3rd reaction: *phew* okay they're gonna have it in the next one they are forgiven

BOWTIES ARE COOL, OKAY?

I was very surprised this wasn't DeLorean vs. TARDIS.

But then it was.

Although, the TARDIS will still win.

(Bill & Ted's phone booth being a major meh. Seriously, it can't even fly.)

Chris seems to have taken on odd tack on this one... apparently "best" to him means "the one they had the most fun with in the show/movie" not "actually the best at traveling through space-time."

demoncub1990:
*Sees the Title*
*watches the end*
3rd reaction: *phew* okay they're gonna have it in the next one they are forgiven

Went through exactly the same experience

I think you're both disqualified for not knowing fully knowing your subject matter.
Chris, the Phone Booth didn't go to heaven, Bill and Ted went to heaven and hell, but the Phone Booth didn't go there. And Mike, yes Bowties are cool, but that doesn't really have anything to do with the TARDIS.

DeLorean kicks the Tardis's back panel. When the Tardis goes back in time, it just kind of fades in and out like a kid playing with the opacity setting in Photoshop. The Phone Booth has this cool electricity thing that's awesome to watch. DeLorean, though, it's got the electricity, it's got the flux capacitor going, and it always leaves twin trails of flame where it went. When that baby hits 88 miles per hour, you see awesome.

The Great JT:
When that baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're going to see some serious shit!.

Corrected for accuracy :)
And awesomeness.

You two had dissapointed me greatly that is until Kyle pop up and mention the Dolorean (who had saved the debate) althought honestly I thought it was going to be Back to the Future VS The Terminator.

Chris loses to do spit take, so its DeLorean Vs. Tardis. Tardis still wins. or rather should.

Well thank God for that ending. I was starting to worry bout yous guys. Delorean for the win!

I thought they were gong to pick two bad movies, like Time Cop.

When I saw the title for the video I immediately thought "T.A.R.D.I.S. Vs. Delorian T.A.R.D.I.S. Vs. Delorian T.A.R.D.I.S. Vs. Delorian T.A.R.D.I.S. Vs. Delorian" was surprised when Bill and Ted came up.

I'm still going to have to go with the T.A.R.D.I.S. though. True anyone can operate the phone booth but the Doctor is always there to make the T.A.R.D.I.S. work. That and it has a swimming pool. It's like a hotel on wheels made out of time

Thanks for bringing the Delorean in ! I flies, it moves in space (mathematical earth space not space space but who knows !) and it travels threw time !
I was shocked it was not brought up at all at first ! How could it not be in the debate !

I wouldn't want any old idiot to use a time machine, so even though it's hard to use, but better to pick the TARDIS than let stoners or midgets loose on the timeline

Well, the DeLorean had to be in there. It just had to. Though, can't argue with the background Epoch. TARDIS, DeLorean, Epoch, or Phonebooth?

Probably TARDIS. The DeLorean did get smashed to bits, after all. Though, an argument can be made for the owner/pilot of the machine as an important part of the machine. The Doctor, Doc Brown, Chrono and Co., and George Carlin. Talk about a battle.

demoncub1990:
*Sees the Title*
*watches the end*

EXACTLY. Was sitting here all through the video with my fingers primed, ready to tear them apart in the forums at the blasphemy they had visited upon us. But all is well now.

Best time machine ever?

The one from Calvin and Hobbes. It may be just a cardboard box, but if you flip it upside down, its a tranmogrifier or w/e.

First, my vote goes for Doloreon. Second, I'd like to say that I'm more for the Ocarina. Yes, you have to be musically talented to use it (or at least know the basics), but it's like a cellphone in that it is way more portable. Not only that, but it can be disguised as just a regular instrument while TARDIS and the Doloreon are not all that inconspicuous (not too familiar with the phone booth's status on that). Note, not really a Zelda fan in the slightest, but that's, like, the only aspect of the games I really like (other than Ganondorf).

Third, Spit take or should we just assume that won't count? If anything, he loses a point for that, right?

EDIT: Oh, not to mention that the Ocarina has plenty of other uses outside of time travel, like transportation from place to place, the ability to summon giants that one time, the ability to change weather, the ability to make those copies of you dance, the ability to heal (if I recall), the potential ability to get laid (or paid), and probably some more I'm forgetting. Yeah, I'll put my money on the Ocarina. :P

TARDIS hands down, fo shizzle. Without that, Bill & ted would not have a phone booth would they? Can the DeLorean take you to other planets? No.
Also, hey guy who's not Chris, Kyle, or Dan: I like the 11th Doctor as much as anybody (bow ties, fezes, and Stetsons ARE cool), but some of your Doctor Who statements made you sound like you don't care for the 10th Doctor? Care to clarify?

The DeLorean.
1. As mentioned early it is a flying car (after Doc Brown returned from the future to pimp it out)
2. Mr. Fusion. You can fuel it with anything like dinosaur poop or moldy beer
3. It has gull-wing doors. That makes it look futuristic.

Another three way debate? Sweet!

Well I was going to turn it off at the beginning and rage in the comments about how the DeLorean was not mentioned. I'm glad I quelled my nerdrage early so that I could finish the video and see Kyle come in at the end with the DeLorean! YES, KYLE!

The TARDIS wins because people assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball off wibbly wobbly, timey wimey... stuff.

The DMC-12 is the obvious winner in my eyes, if Kyle hadn't brought it up at the end I would have been pissed!

demoncub1990:
*Sees the Title*
*watches the end*

Kinda my reaction too. Mine was a tad more vulgar though.

"Humdidum, best time machine? DeLorean, without a doubt. Humdid- the FUCK? Where the FUCK is the DeLorean!? Oh, next week. OK, cool. It better win."

Azuaron:
BOWTIES ARE COOL, OKAY?

I was very surprised this wasn't DeLorean vs. TARDIS.

But then it was.

Although, the TARDIS will still win.

(Bill & Ted's phone booth being a major meh. Seriously, it can't even fly.)

Chris seems to have taken on odd tack on this one... apparently "best" to him means "the one they had the most fun with in the show/movie" not "actually the best at traveling through space-time."

this is exactly what i thought.
also, i thought that it's would've been even better as a DeLorean vs H.G.Wells time machine. Some perspective.
for the record, and i know this might start a flame war...

Phone Booth Phone Booth Phone Booth, Come on everybody now.
Phone Booth

As an uncultured American, I like to think we have better things to do with our time than waste it being bored by the likes of the 'Tardis (apostrophe indicating elided letters intentional).

That being said I basically love the phone booth and the DeLorean on their own merits equally. However, Back to the Future gave us Roswell that Ends Well, in which Fry becomes his own grandfather through the magic of time travel. And then he used that power (of being inbred through a temporal paradox) to save the universe. Bill and Ted gave us the Matrix and more importantly to this debate the Matrix sequels. Like it or lump it it's clear which one has done more harm to society overall.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here