GinxTV: Top 5 Character Creators

Top 5 Character Creators

This week, Ginx counts down the top 5 character creators in modern gaming.

Watch Video

I can't believe that EVE of all things were the people who really figured out how to make a character creator work! This was a good list, made me want to check out all those games really, the problem with just the standard slider set is you mess around with them and in the end you just have to go for the middle and hope it doesn't look bad :( Works well for arty types but I had people asking me why Commander Shepard look just so hideous

I'm surprised that The Sims games aren't on here. I always had great success on there making people of all ages look the way I wanted.

Kind of surprised the Sims and Spore weren't even mentioned.

I'm surprised Brink made it onto the list given it lacked half of humanity.

Interesting results and I thought Champion Online had a indept character creator.

Frieswiththat:
Kind of surprised the Sims and Spore weren't even mentioned.

Considered spore, seeing as they sold the creature creator separate it seems like a good choice. But I only played the demo where the options were limited.

Mouse_Crouse:
I'm surprised that The Sims games aren't on here. I always had great success on there making people of all ages look the way I wanted.

Though I understand your general sentiment, from my experience, Sims (3) is pretty ugly without modified CAS sliders. (although WITH the sliders, you get AMAZING pieces of work like this)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=435732

Modded sims 3 definitely takes #1 on this list

Dragons Dogma just keeps looking better and better the more I hear about it!

Also wish I had a PC set up good enough to run EVE.

Champions Online wasn't on the list, I am very dissapointed! CO's character creator is THE source of hideus monstrosities EVER.

Oh god I forgot just how hideous the characters in Brink are... I can't even look them in the face without cringing it's terrible...>.<

Hello, APB or heck, any of those WWE games. Hell some of the EA sport games have had better character creators then those on this list.

Once again, Ginx = Fail.

i would probably suggested city of heroes character creation, but good choices

Okay as people have already said...APB! That game had intense detail on character buidling which extended donw to your clothing.

Also I hate to say it buy I feel that Saints Row 2 had the better character creator due to the greater variety of clothing options e.g. easier to mix and match etc...

Character creation is a big part of my gaming experience, and is a large factor when it comes to buying games for me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here