LoadingReadyRun: The Whole Story: The Pop Can

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Whole Story: The Pop Can

Nigel Fitzgerald Brouwer returns to take you on another historical journey.

Watch Video

I love these sketches because of how outrageously wrong they are but the delivery of Paul could really convince someone that its all accurate.

Well, I'm glad I now know the 5 unofficial food groups.

I must go stock up on them at once!

Pepsi-cola went to town
Coca-cola shot him down
Dr. Pepper fixed him up
Now we all drink 7-up!

Sorry, I've known that my whole life and like any chance to pull it out of the dusty attic of my mind...

I wouldn't have thought you could've gotten a Resident Evil reference in there, but you did.
Certainly made me laugh at its inclusion.

The T-virus?
...maybe I'll cut down on this stuff. A little.
Maybe not.

When Nigel started going on about the origins of 'Pop', I kinda expected a Micheal Jackson or Lady Gaga joke at some point.

I swear I heard the words liver diddling as a side effect of drinking the stuff.

vxicepickxv:
I swear I heard the words liver diddling as a side effect of drinking the stuff.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what was said.

Also, from their logic, I'm related to a Macedonian leader and a French writer and who knows who else! (all have first name Alexander)

Zipa:
I love these sketches because of how outrageously wrong they are but the delivery of Paul could really convince someone that its all accurate.

the thing is, this one is kind of plausible so i bet you could convince the average consumer this was true, well paul could, he is science

liver diddling is the worst thing on the list! even worse then than the T virus!
this is my new favourite LRR video.
and it came out on my birthday! :D

I like trying to figure out which facts are actually correct.

Actually there ARE four other unofficial food groups. Bart Simpson knows:

What exactly is wrong with how we say aluminium? Bloody racists.

Alright, I knew all that, except for the drink-catching nets. That was a nice bit of historical trivia.

The T-Virus... Bwahahahaha!

devilofthemist:

Zipa:

the thing is, this one is kind of plausible so i bet you could convince the average consumer this was true, well paul could, he is science

I managed to get a friend of mine through all of "SPAM" and half of "Fire Hydrant" before she caught on that it was all just a huge pile of nonsense.

It was glorious. XD

Still more accurate than the History Channel...

I was grinning wide like a madman until I heard T-Virus. The resulting spit take (which was Sierra Mist at the time) was glorious. Good show Paul.

DuelLadyS:
Pepsi-cola went to town
Coca-cola shot him down
Dr. Pepper fixed him up
Now we all drink 7-up!

Sorry, I've known that my whole life and like any chance to pull it out of the dusty attic of my mind...

Do not apologise. It was undeniable temptation, and the perfect time to do it.

Also, I think the mistake line at the end was funnier if you have time to think about it.

Good video!

Alahmnat:

devilofthemist:

Zipa:

I managed to get a friend of mine through all of "SPAM" and half of "Fire Hydrant" before she caught on that it was all just a huge pile of nonsense.

It was glorious. XD

Wow. Paul could probably use his abilities for some powerful propaganda.

May he use his powers for evil....I MEAN GOOD!!

Alexander Cunningham:

There's absolutely nothing wrong. It's the upstart colonials that both spell and pronounce it wrongly

devilofthemist:

Zipa:

The trick is using enough real facts to obscure the false ones.
Look up JJ Berzelius, he did a lot of that stuff, and a TON of other amazing things. Like naming "protein" and "polymers" and notating elements.

Given the unlikely but possible interaction with aliens in our lifetime, I would endevour to show them all of these "Whole Story" videos in lieu of actually teaching them history, Another excellent video gentlemen!

Seems legit.

I wonder how many people I could convince all of this is real.....

Alexander Cunningham:

All they need to do is check the spelling - there's an i in it.

Also: See 'herbs'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lJGD3Q9Qs

Nothing but wonderfully naughty images come to mind when I hear Paul's authoritative tones say "liver diddling".

I still don't know what a 'pop cap' is. Oh internet, you have lied to me.

that was awesome, the t-virus? that explains alot, also i really want to see a 3rd season of rapidfire, that was an amaziing series

I wonder if lrr has any The Whole Story shirts.

I'm thinking the caption "Remember, you may not know the whole story" with a picture of a fat monk drinking out of a jacuzzi with a straw.....or a fire hydra.

I have no idea how Paul manages to make some of these claims with a straight face. I imagine there are about a dozen thrown away takes of him just cracking up as he makes a claim about some of these ridiculous "facts".

So, when do we get a The Whole Story about jacuzzies? Pop better be mentioned in there.

"...reactions to this new invention of carbonated water were flat..."

My immediate reaction was

I was expecting it, but it still managed to catch me off guard. Well played.

T-Virus huh? Good thing I have my acid rounds, they're very powerful especially against living things.

Denamic:
The T-virus?
...maybe I'll cut down on this stuff. A little.
Maybe not.

What doesn't kill you, will only guarantee your placement in the Nemesis program.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here