Unskippable: The Darkness 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Darkness 2

Sometimes, being the head of a crime family isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Watch Video

Ah Jacky's old arch nemesis!
We meet again high-beams!

Are they really only up to 10 on the in joke counter? I thought it was higher.

I hope you continue using "#th time I died" line. It still funny to this day.

And when one of his grunts said "look at the girl to your right," shouldn't he have said your left? I wonder if that was there on purpose just to make him look like an idiot.

You had to use the "#th time I died" joke here since that joke started with The Darkness in the first place. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure this was only the 9th time you died.

Cue "On Death's Door" Joke. "Mister Death, Mister Death, are you there? It's me again!" ::knocks::

canadamus_prime:
You had to use the "#th time I died" joke here since that joke started with The Darkness in the first place. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure this was only the 9th time you died.

There were a couple of 7th times though, so it's okay.

If that was a second best date, I don't think I want to know how the best one went.

it comes back full circle with the darkness and the darkness 2

(digital extremes also worked on dark sector and you made a unskippable on that game as well)

Unhappy Crow:

And when one of his grunts said "look at the girl to your right," shouldn't he have said your left? I wonder if that was there on purpose just to make him look like an idiot.

The other guy says "That's his left, dipshit." It's just hard to hear because Paul and Graham are talking over it.

Oh, no, no, no, no. No retiring "Nth time I died". It'd be like retiring Russell. Unthinkable!

You'd think strippers, prostitutes, and women in general would learn to just stay out of mafia-related video games.

ForgottenPr0digy:
it comes back full circle with the darkness and the darkness 2

(digital extremes also worked on dark sector and you made a unskippable on that game as well)

Which also has an "nth time I died"

Speaking of which, guys, keep it going. When it comes to Russell, "nth time I died", and big moon jokes, you have my expressed written permission to use them as much as you want. It's like a fun game to play to see how many crows, near deaths, and big moons there are in games.

One of your funniest videos yet, guys! I just knew you were aching to do another "And that was the Nth time I died." joke.

In soviet The Darkness, you black out because a car crashes YOU!

That guy should definitely narrate everything. Think about it: "It was good times, it was pretty shitty times; it was the time of really smart guys, it was the time of retards-- you get it, good and bad, right? So, like, it was a ton like right now!" I'd actually enjoy A Tale of Two Cities if that was how it was written.

On a positive note, he won't have to worry about them calling the next day...

217not237:
That guy should definitely narrate everything. Think about it: "It was good times, it was pretty shitty times; it was the time of really smart guys, it was the time of retards-- you get it, good and bad, right? So, like, it was a ton like right now!" I'd actually enjoy A Tale of Two Cities if that was how it was written.

Oh God, I had to sit through an audiobook of that and the narrator was so, damn, boring! That spastic narrator at the start would have made my entire middle school life if he was the one on that cassette tape.

And don't you two DARE retire "#th time I died!" I literally started applauding when it came on because it's just too hilarious!

EDIT: Captcha says "hobby-horse."
*Looks at avatar*
No comment.

Ugh, not to be the humourless nerd here, but every Darkness fan knows Jackie never knew his father. The previous Darkness bearer dies when his son is conceived.

*shakes head sadly*

I was waiting for the "nth time I died" joke the entire video. Was not dissapoint

Video does not play. [ ... ]

All better now; thanks.

Hooray! Jackie Estacado dying again! It's like reliving my Unskippable youth. Next time I'll have to get that crazed nutter to narrate what happened between the two. You're...not really retiring the joke, are you?

I guess all of part II will be where he loads a shotgun?

Now I want to see a fight between Jackie and Alan Wake.

wackelpudding:
Oh, no, no, no, no. No retiring "Nth time I died". It'd be like retiring Russell. Unthinkable!

Oh man, I don't think we've heard from Russell in a while. We need more crow-related cutscenes!

While I'm sure in the right hands The Darkness is really scary and cool but I just have a hard time being afraid of something that can be punked out by a maglite XD

For some reason I found the womens sudden and very gory head shot and her friends fake scream to be incredible funny.

Saw the window and I thought "Yeah, somethings gonna come through there all right."

Never finished the first game, accidentally damaged the disc and have been unable to find it again.

Let me join the chorus of people saying that it would be very sad indeed if you were to retire jokes like "Nth time I died" and Russell the Crow.

Damn, now I want to see Jackie Estacado and Alan Wake fight.

LeeshaJoy:

Unhappy Crow:

The other guy says "That's his left, dipshit." It's just hard to hear because Paul and Graham are talking over it.

Ah. You're right. I didn't catch that when I first saw this. Thanks for that.

The whole time I was watching this, I was thinking that, no matter how the cutscene actually went, letting it end without a "that was the nth time I died" line would just be wrong. I mean, it's The Darkness. A grand return to where that line began. Even if there wasn't any potential death in the scene at all, you had to say that line.

Do not - DO NOT - retire "nth time I died". It is your best running gag on the show, with the spontaneous "GYUH" in disgust and/or surprise a close second.

Plus, it is EXACTLY what I was thinking as the window exploded and the table flipped Spider-Man II style. If you cut the gag now, it will leave us feeling like it was a missed opportunity.

That looks like the best date I've ever been on.

Huh... so then what was the first best date?

OK, so this is probably my favourite in a long time. I don't think I have laughed this much since Eternal Sonata or maybe from the first time they did The Darkness.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here