The Good Guys

Pages PREV 1 2

this, is actually getting more interesting o.o what will she do

SirBryghtside:

Quiet Stranger:
Also whatever happened to her pet hamster?

Wait a second...

*GASP* TRIS IS SUCHONG!

I am so on-board with this theory!

Suchong features in every comic. Only Erin, Kratos and "Tris" are present.

Erin can't be Suchong- or mayb- no. Suchong can't possibly be Kratos, although anything is possible. Tris looks like Link, Link is blonde, a contrast to Suchong's colour of fur...So it could be Suchong's desired and ultimately projected human manifestation!

Too.many.variables.

*whimpers*

A nice breathre comic from all the recollection moments. I'm really starting to like Tris, too.

JenSeven:
I guess we'll soon see the appearance of Tropico's El Presidente, the Dungeon Keeper, and The Overlord from Overlord as hallucinations.

Just trying to think of games where the protagonist is an evil person... there aren't many...

Caim from Drakengard- The child murdering, cannibal recruiting psychopath who is out to completely murder practically anything that moves....oh and umm, save the world...but mostly the murder! (Think a JRPG version of Kratos, only less sympathetic and with more psycho smiles)

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:
I'd say Kratos was more of an anti-hero.

well he's still a protagonist he may be an ass but its not required that they be good

...In short: an ANTI-HERO.

BehattedWanderer:
Oh man, I forgot about that part. Ha! Not quite as good as his own personal flashlight, but it's still a good moment for him. Er...ish. At least he's consistent.

Lancer873:
Cory/Grey... there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with this page. I am quite ashamed of you that you didn't notice.
The shirt and dress are exactly the same as they were on the last page. You forgot about the color-morphing cloth that everyone's clothes are made out of. =I

I thought that only applies to underwear, specifically women's, when the creators were confused by us focusing on one detail, and using said fabromorphic properties to give us the finger by doing exactly what we asked, more than we ever asked for?

Pretty sure her dress has done it at least once so far.

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

well he's still a protagonist he may be an ass but its not required that they be good

yep but he's still the protagonist unless they changed the meaning of the word was i wasn't looking

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

yep but he's still the protagonist unless they changed the meaning of the word was i wasn't looking

The point is antiheroes are different in that they often commit 'bad' acts but are not necessarily evil and can often have noble intentions. It sets them apart from the more general meaning of 'protagonist'.

Eg: Kratos is hero/protagonist of God Of War but he's basically just out for revenge.

I imagine whoever created the term was thinking "Hey, wouldn't it be easier if we could describe these people in just one word?"
Apparently he was wrong.

Peeping Kratos is the best part of this comic. By FAR.

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

The point is antiheroes are different in that they often commit 'bad' acts but are not necessarily evil and can often have noble intentions. It sets them apart from the more general meaning of 'protagonist'.

Eg: Kratos is hero/protagonist of God Of War but he's basically just out for revenge.

I imagine whoever created the term was thinking "Hey, wouldn't it be easier if we could describe these people in just one word?"
Apparently he was wrong.

Although the protagonist is often referred to as the "good guy", it is entirely possible for a story's protagonist to be the clear villain, or antihero, of the piece. from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protagonist

Erin was smiling in the second to last panel. I think she's starting to get over her initial wariness of this guy.

Alright, Cory and Grey, be straight with us. You guys just made this arc to repeatedly draw hilarious scenes involving Kratos. Admit it.

Caffeine_Bombed:

Kratos is my idol, I say hello to people by ripping off their limbs

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Apparently he was wrong.

Although the protagonist is often referred to as the "good guy", it is entirely possible for a story's protagonist to be the clear villain, or antihero, of the piece. from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protagonist

Which would actually be an anti-villain...

Evil Smurf:

Caffeine_Bombed:

Kratos is my idol, I say hello to people by ripping off their limbs

Who doesn't??

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

Apparently he was wrong.

That's where the antagonist a 'good guy'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antihero

I love how Wikipedia is the final word on internet discussions :P

SirBryghtside:

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Ok when people start throwing wikipedia into the pot I lose interest.
Out.

Caffeine_Bombed:

SirBryghtside:

Caffeine_Bombed:

Out.

well its right so there is nothing we can do about it since most of this stuff was pretty much set long ago

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

SirBryghtside:

Out.

well its right so there is nothing we can do about it since most of this stuff was pretty much set long ago

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

Out.

i have the feeling your dismissing this stuff don't act like zeel did.

I like this bar-guy. Can we keep him around?

Yeah, is she going to fuck him or what?

He's put his time in and I think she could do with some.

Maybe that will scare the hallucinations away?

Caffeine_Bombed:

tony2077:

Caffeine_Bombed:

Out.

Wow, you're being incredibly rude. And also wrong. The protagonist of a piece can be a straight up villain, which would disqualify him from being an Anti-Villain. For example, The Joker has had comics with him as the viewpoint character. A Song of Ice and Fire has several clearly villainous and evil characters as viewpoints - Cersei Lannister, most notably. There's an episode of Justice League Unlimited that is told primarily from the viewpoint of Lex Luthor. If I gave more than .3 shits, I could find more.

And yet, here you are.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or