The Retro Show: Flicky

Flicky

Why are all these chicks following me?

Watch Video

reminds me ''Two Best Friends Play...' with a 'Continueshow' spin on it.

So one-shot Let's Plays, basically? Sure, seems pretty neat. I liked this one so I'll keep an eye on this show.

Plus Column: Interesting premise; promising future depending on game selection; interesting presentation style.

Minus Column: No real chemistry between the presenters (forced humor/arguing); no apparent (yet) in-depth knowledge of contemporaneous games (most obvious comparison to this game: "Mappy" by Namco); too much wasted screen space; too brief (consider 6 minutes minimum).

Most Memorable Bit: "What possessed you to buy this?" "I didn't buy it; I rented it." "And you never took it back." "No, because they didn't want it, either."

Preliminary Evaluation: 6/10

You have earned an Extra Life Episode. You have four episodes remaining. You may continue to the next episode.

This game is compulsive when you play it - it's also available for the PS3 on a disc um... like 50 Sega hit games or something I picked up in the used game store for $10. It is actually pretty challenging as the levels go up!

Granted, eventually you want to throw the controller at something.

ewhac:
Plus Column: Interesting premise; promising future depending on game selection; interesting presentation style.

Minus Column: No real chemistry between the presenters (forced humor/arguing); no apparent (yet) in-depth knowledge of contemporaneous games (most obvious comparison to this game: "Mappy" by Namco); too much wasted screen space; too brief (consider 6 minutes minimum).

Most Memorable Bit: "What possessed you to buy this?" "I didn't buy it; I rented it." "And you never took it back." "No, because they didn't want it, either."

You have earned an Extra Life Episode. You have four episodes remaining. You may continue to the next episode.

I'm in a similar position, except to me, they lost a life/episode.

This is a good enough premise for me to care, but lame enough I'll only follow it one or two more times before I throw it in.

I remember looking for this game after rescuing all the Flickys in Sonic the Hedgehog. This was for the Master System if I remember correctly.

haha that was fun to watch. I want to see more :D
Im gonna go watch the Bonanza Bros video again :P

ewhac:

^ This.

Now, if I could direct your attention to Little Samson for the NES...

I actually thought that game looked pretty fun. For, you know, lunch breaks, bus drives and whatnot. Some casual fun for a few bucks.

When SEGA needed some Sonic property to put on the Saturn, somebody at Traveller's Tales clearly decided that they were going to remake Flicky. Sonic 3D Flickies' Island (3D Blast) is basically Flicky, but with Sonic and boss fights.

So basically a beavis and butthead wanabes with old games instead of videoclips.
You better make it way better next time or your going to loose audience soon.

I'm a little burnt out on retro reviews right now, pass.

(unless it's JonTron, he's good people)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here