The Come On

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The Come On

Subtle Signals Win the Day

Read Full Article

Cuteness = 10,000

Ability to give a hint = -100,000

Don't worry Erin, you'll still bag him. Even if you do suck at flirting.

I'm astounded how she could play the DS in a pub while drunk and still have it by the end of the night. If I tried this where I live, I bet it wouldn't last 5 minutes before it got stolen.

So drunk that she doesn't realize she's rubbing her own leg? Wow, she must be extremely drunk. Oh gawd, if Erin sleeps with this guy, what will her hallucinations say?

I think there are gonna be thumbs up all around.

AbstractStream:
So drunk that she doesn't realize she's rubbing her own leg?

Or just that socially awkward.

Or maybe Kratos was distracting her.

In several of the forum posts I've read this would be considered rape, because she is really drunk and therefor cannot give consent.

Personally I don't believe that, but I'm gay and have no idea about women.

It'll all end in tears, you know.

It always ends in tears.

Gawd damn I love this storyline! Keep em coming, FAST!

Just make sure you lock Leisure Suit Larry outside or it might get, uncomfortable.

I'd blame the beer more.

And I'd say if she's so blotto she can't tell she's rubbing her own leg instead of someone elses, I think the only bodily fluids they'd share is her drool when she passes out with her head on his shoulder in the cab.

AbstractStream:
So drunk that she doesn't realize she's rubbing her own leg? Wow, she must be extremely drunk. Oh gawd, if Erin sleeps with this guy, what will her hallucinations say?

I think there are gonna be thumbs up all around.

Kraotos will be disappointed that there wasn't another woman involved. So, that's one who won't be all smiles.

Sandytimeman:
In several of the forum posts I've read this would be considered rape, because she is really drunk and therefor cannot give consent.

Well i hate to turn this thread ugly but...oh well.

If a grown person goes to a bar and voluntarily consumes a large amount of alcohol and do stupid things because of it, I find it hard to call the other person a criminal. Whether or not they are complete douche-bags is another question entirely.

OT: Good storyline and all but Kratos is probably going to get very creepy in the next one...

And then, when they're in their underwear, Molly will come around and chuck Erin's PC at her.

History repeats itself.

Zorg Machine:

Sandytimeman:

If a grown person goes to a bar and voluntarily consumes a large amount of alcohol and do stupid things because of it, I find it hard to call the other person a criminal. Whether or not they are complete douche-bags is another question entirely.

OT: Good storyline and all but Kratos is probably going to get very creepy in the next one...

Oh dear god, let's not open that can of worms here. I'm not disagreeing with you, but these arguments can go on for scores of pages.

Unless of course that inevitable shitstorm was the intended punchline of the comic...

The real sad part is that you're still better at this than I am.

I wonder if anyone has ever scored by suggesting that they "share bodily fluids".

Somehow, I'm not seeing it.

Captcha: "See ya". Yeah, that's the kind of reaction I would expect.

More bad story...
Zzzzzzz....
...wake me up when it's funny again...

I am afraid that Mr. Perfect, who has been sitting there all night listening to her rants etc, is actually another figment of her imagination. He could be from a game after all and she is just too drunk to recognise him. This would also explain the whole leg rubbing thing, I.E. FightClub, where he is just another part of herself and would show why she she didn't notice that she is rubbing her own leg.

Not to mention the guy she is talking to does look a bit like Tyler Durden.

Scars Unseen:

Zorg Machine:

Sandytimeman:
In several of the forum posts I've read this would be considered rape, because she is really drunk and therefore cannot give consent.

Oh dear god, let's not open that can of worms here. I'm not disagreeing with you, but these arguments can go on for scores of pages.

Unless of course that inevitable shitstorm was the intended punchline of the comic...

Going by past comics that might well be it :P

Personally if someone had been brushing me off all evening and then suddenly got the hots for me in the last half hour when they were super drunk I'd just take them back to their house and put them to bed and leave a note to get intouch when less inebriated if they wanted to. Not going to out and out call anyone who wouldn't a criminal, but they are definitely complete douchebags.

It's a bit difficult to tell how drunk a cartoon character is from a few words though, the yawn could just be tiredness, the blushing from the social situation and the leg thing...er...massive incompetence and a severe degenerative disorder of the nervous system?

Nah, Tris probably won't try anything. He seems like that type of guy that wouldn't take advantage of the situation, especially considering this new found desire for sex is obviously just the beer talking... And maybe a little influence from Leisure Suit Larry as well. I'm willing to bet his power of influence with Erin is proportionate to the amount of alcoholic intake.

And then i learned how to predict the future....

I'm not going to criticize the quality of the comic, because the writing and drawing is not only as good as it always has been, but improving in a lot of ways, too.

That being said, however, I really don't like the direction this comic is taking. The overall tone has done a complete 180 from dark humor with a light-hearted, silly candy coating, to this dark, dreary swamp of a story arc with soft-hitting punchlines.

This can't possibly end well.

God that last panel made me laugh.

If she actually goes home and has sex with this guy won't her hallucinations be able to like, um, watch her? Creepy...

C'mon, everyone here say it with me.

D'awwwwwwww.

I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I end-up flirting with myself.
Stay horny my friend.

Daystar Clarion:
It'll all end in tears, you know.

It always ends in tears.

Oh yeah, optimism isn't an element of harmony is it?

Lvl 64 Klutz:

That being said, however, I really don't like the direction this comic is taking. The overall tone has done a complete 180 from dark humor with a light-hearted, silly candy coating, to this dark, dreary swamp of a story arc with soft-hitting punchlines.

I agree. Critical Miss has always been one of the cleverest things on The Escapist, but I think Grey's sense of narrative pacing could use some work. The last eight comics' worth of plot could have been done in two or three, sustaining the dramatic tension from the previous conflict. Not to mention that he seems a bit unused to balancing comedy with story and character development, which is actually really hard. I'm sure he'll catch on quickly enough, though.

I love how she suddenly grows eyelashes for a panel.

Man, it's like Tali when she's drunk.

Amaury_games:
I'm astounded how she could play the DS in a pub while drunk and still have it by the end of the night. If I tried this where I live, I bet it wouldn't last 5 minutes before it got stolen.

What would be the average amount of bodily perforations you would sustain in that encounter?

Anyone else notice the Elbow reference?

.....Anyone?

...........Just me?

Kungfu_Teddybear:

If she actually goes home and has sex with this guy won't her hallucinations be able to like, um, watch her? Creepy...

I just had a really freaky mental image of leisure suit larry giving her tips like "cup the sac".

I've weirded myself out because of you. I hope you're happy!

Binnsyboy:

Kungfu_Teddybear:

I just had a really freaky mental image of leisure suit larry giving her tips like "cup the sac".

I've weirded myself out because of you. I hope you're happy!

I'm very happy, bro.

Wow, I've been so drunk I couldn't see before but never so drunk I didn't know who I was touching. I'm interested in Erin's Hangover issue.

True story, this.

At least in my case. Nothing came of it (so to speak), because we got a lift home in my friend's car. It was packed with so much junk that I almost ended up making out with a golfing bag. I would have been too pissed to tell the difference anyway.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here