The Come On

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Daystar Clarion:
It'll all end in tears, you know.

It always ends in tears.

Damn it man! Spoiler tags exist for a reason! >=O [/joke]

maninahat:
True story, this.

At least in my case. Nothing came of it (so to speak), because we got a lift home in my friend's car. It was packed with so much junk that I almost ended up making out with a golfing bag. I would have been to pissed to tell the difference anyway.

At least you could have ended up with a hole in one.

Thank you, thank you, don't forget to tip your waitress.

I think its time to stop drinking if you can no longer tell whose leg it is your rubbing.

It's still not as awesome of a bad-hint-that-will-succeed as this.

inb4 drunk-sex-is-rape people... think of the drawn children!

esperandote:
inb4 drunk-sex-is-rape people... think of the drawn children!

you're too late, they struck on the first page

Daystar Clarion:

maninahat:
True story, this.

At least in my case. Nothing came of it (so to speak), because we got a lift home in my friend's car. It was packed with so much junk that I almost ended up making out with a golfing bag. I would have been to pissed to tell the difference anyway.

At least you could have ended up with a hole in one.

Thank you, thank you, don't forget to tip your waitress.

I was hoping for a good stroke, but all I got was a free wood.

NathLines:
And then, when they're in their underwear, Molly will come around and chuck Erin's PC at her.

History repeats itself.

Who will have the changing underwear? Again Erin or is it Molly this time?

Isnt that rape according to sexually frustrated feminists?

Erin is overloaded with cuteness in that one panel.. but also lol at the end. Yet, I am concerned (yes it's a comic but I don't care.. I get attached to fictional characters because I get drawn in alright?) The reason why I am concerned is that one of these events will happen:

1. Erin wakes up in bed with the guy, not remembering anything and regretting getting drunk.
2. The guy was her imagination, thus she feels lonely and has pity for herself.
3. Erin and this guy start a relationship, but ends shortly due to issues one way or another.

Even if all three of those are wrong, I don't think this will end well. I want the best for Erin and yeah again she's fictional, but then why would you read this comic otherwise if not just for the humor itself? Some people like the depth of things, despite otherwise. Still, Erin pulled off some real cute looks yet I laughed at the end lol.

I'm reminded of the episode of The Carol Burnett Show where Harvey Korman was supposed to put his hand on Carol's knee and make a similar comment, only he grabbed the handrest-bulge at the end of the arm of her chair instead... and didn't notice.

anthony87:
Anyone else notice the Elbow reference?

.....Anyone?

...........Just me?

Yup.

i was about to post, but saw you first.

Epic Epic Epic Epic album that is Epic.

rolfwesselius:
Isnt that rape according to sexually frustrated feminists?

I always thought it was rape according to people who don't drink and have no way of understanding what it's like to be drunk yet are able to tell us all that you're impossible of making decisions while drunk?

Alas, that's a can of worms for another thread.

Caramel Frappe:
Erin is overloaded with cuteness in that one panel.. but also lol at the end. Yet, I am concerned (yes it's a comic but I don't care.. I get attached to fictional characters because I get drawn in alright?) The reason why I am concerned is that one of these events will happen:

1. Erin wakes up in bed with the guy, not remembering anything and regretting getting drunk.
2. The guy was her imagination, thus she feels lonely and has pity for herself.
3. Erin and this guy start a relationship, but ends shortly due to issues one way or another.

Even if all three of those are wrong, I don't think this will end well. I want the best for Erin and yeah again she's fictional, but then why would you read this comic otherwise if not just for the humor itself? Some people like the depth of things, despite otherwise. Still, Erin pulled off some real cute looks yet I laughed at the end lol.

Don't bloody block us Carter, please don't...

Ten says he takes her home and puts her to bed, going with the "nice guy" schtick. Ten more says one of them reads this, and have one of the characters point this out to mess with us again.

Her face in the third panel: HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

Is it just me or does Erin have a rather BIG nose? :P

And I'm gonna make a prediction: Erin finally getting laid and having a steady boyfriend is going to "cure" her. :3

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy turned out to be one of her hallucinations, only not from a game. It probably won't happen, but it sure would be sad.

Daystar Clarion:

It always ends in tears.

We have officially entered Korean Soap Opera territory. Someone will soon be in a hospital, or develop cancer.

antipunt:

Daystar Clarion:

It always ends in tears.

We have officially entered Korean Soap Opera territory. Someone will soon be in a hospital, or develop cancer.

Possibly both at the same time.

Daystar Clarion:

antipunt:

Daystar Clarion:

It always ends in tears.

Possibly both at the same time.

To two -different- women.

Sandytimeman:
In several of the forum posts I've read this would be considered rape, because she is really drunk and therefor cannot give consent.

Personally I don't believe that, but I'm gay and have no idea about women.

which gets me, what if both people involved are drunk out of the minds?

did they rape each other?

that would be an awkward rape victims anonymous meeting.

This guy is such a jerk.

She accidentaly foreplayed herself.

if you're too drunk to notice who's body part you're rubbing up it's time to stop drinking.

OfficialJab:
More bad story...
Zzzzzzz....
...wake me up when it's funny again...

let me tell you about "the birds and the bees". and "charecter development".

when a woman and a man love eachother very much...

Next shes going to start seeing vincent.

Kalezian:

Sandytimeman:
In several of the forum posts I've read this would be considered rape, because she is really drunk and therefor cannot give consent.

Personally I don't believe that, but I'm gay and have no idea about women.

which gets me, what if both people involved are drunk out of the minds?

did they rape each other?

that would be an awkward rape victims anonymous meeting.

Yeah the "too drunk to give concent" does have the unfortunate tendency of suggesting rapists are off the hook, as long as they are drunk too. After all, the rapist couldn't make a sound decision - so they're not responsible for their actions either, right?

Pick your battles, people.

Sandytimeman:
considered rape

women.

Gender makes no difference.

Deshara:

Sandytimeman:
considered rape

women.

Your right, I'm just saying when I get fucked up at a bar I'm usually looking to score. That's why I was saying I couldn't speak for women.

FilipJPhry:
Her face in the third panel: HHHHNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

It makes you constipated?

Sandytimeman:

Deshara:

Sandytimeman:
considered rape

women.

Your right, I'm just saying when I get fucked up at a bar I'm usually looking to score. That's why I was saying I couldn't speak for women.

Eh. Women go out to score too.
The only difference is what our culture teaches us, and while it instills guilt for having sex, it doesn't go out of its way to impress on women just how important it is to not statuitory rape as it does on men (because it doesn't aknowledge that women are even capable of such a thing. Same can be said of abuse. Remember children: It's not rape, assault or abuse if it's a woman doing it to a man)

I was about to write this off as the most boring strip ever then I noticed the guy is indeed a hallucination. This is just like the ME3 indoctrination stuff converting a fail into a win.

That guy's nose......is really, REALLY long.

Well, um, what happened to things like... character and continuity? You're gonna use alcohol to throw everything out the window and write them however you want?

Well that blows. I was super into this thing until now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here