E3: Go "Undercover" Again in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I expect the 'choice' of doing a mission on two ways will still be linear. Meaning that shortly after your choice, you will have to jump a wall, or something will collapse behind you meaning you couldn't backtrack or change your mind. Also that the game will still be rail-shooter in style, just with a 'go left/right' option midway.

I played Black Ops, I was VERY disappointed. With both the story (more with the presentation of it than the twist - which I guessed early on). But the whole WOW factor, it was all eye candy than play or fun. Played it once all the way through, that was enough, but I am a single player person by nature...

I'm not expecting much here, but I will eventually buy it when I see it on sale.

And the multiplayer better have some decent maps, because MW3's sucked big time.

CardinalPiggles:
I'm not expecting much here, but I will eventually buy it when I see it on sale.

And the multiplayer better have some decent maps, because MW3's sucked big time.

While the futuristic setting has piqued my interest more so than other modern CoD games I honestly I won't be picking this up unless they basically make Battlefield 2142 maps for multiplayer, which would be a huge departure from the series standard tiny maps with tiny scope. So it's not going to happen. Its always puzzled me that in a series which prides itself on massive set-pieces in its singleplayer campaign has a multiplayer which consists of sticking a dozen guys on a plot of land the size of which amounts to about a neighborhood block and having them shoot each other with boring old guns for a bit.

However, with the futuristic setting comes all sorts of possibilities. High verticality in maps? Fighting within futuristic towers using all sorts of mobility based gadgets like zip lines or dare I say even jetpacks? Increased presence of killstreak activated vehicles with robots and UAVs everywhere?

Probably not but a man can dream.

Role-play in Call of Duty? Yep pretty sure that's a sign of the Apocalypse.

So I am not very big on Call of Duty...... but why does this game want me to buy it!? I have also been waiting for more "post-modern" FPS games since I played Battlefield 2142 (which I thought was really good and they should totally make a new one). These game trailers that I am seeing for this game really appeal to me in that way. I mean come on mechs are always badass.

I would say to them take my money....but I am probably going to get it used (HAH Suck it Activision!)

Haha, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is already obsolete? :-)

If I begged hard enough for gamers to stop buying this annual rehash and help the game industry move in a better direction, would it make a difference?

Epidemiix:
So I am not very big on Call of Duty...... but why does this game want me to buy it!? I have also been waiting for more "post-modern" FPS games since I played Battlefield 2142 (which I thought was really good and they should totally make a new one). These game trailers that I am seeing for this game really appeal to me in that way. I mean come on mechs are always badass.

I would say to them take my money....but I am probably going to get it used (HAH Suck it Activision!)

Well after BF:BC2 got a Vietnam xpack, I wouldn't be shocked if BF3 gets a 2142 xpack. I'm hoping to all hope that this happens.

A CoD game with replay value? The Mayans predicted it!

I've seen Wii games that look 100 times better. :r

CardinalPiggles:

Hmm... I doubt the maps will turn out crap. Treyarch has demonstrated with World at War and Black Ops especially they are capable of making really interesting and fun maps. The real question is, how easy will it be for the die-hard have-to-win-at-all-costs players that always ruin whatever Call of Duty game happens to be the newest? My hopes aren't high for the multiplayer because of this. I'm mainly looking forward to the campaign and zombies.

Another Modern Warfare expansion pack, this time with flashy guns!

P-lease. This will surely be the game that sees the series begin to fall into a black hole.

I don't care much about the multiplayer, I actually loved MW2 for how batshit it was but Blops 1 made it boring by trying to fix it.

The campaign is a different story. I really appreciated what Treyarch did in the first one, it was the first faltering steps towards something new but it was progress all the same. The kind of things I've been hearing about 2 would make me intrigued by any game regardless of franchise, the fact that it could by extension also make COD more interesting is just icing on the cake. So yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Wow, either a sign that CoD is disintegrating or turning a new leaf. I'm certainly impressed by the gameplay concept, but I wonder how it will still appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I was going to say something cynical but after re-reading the article I'll maintain an open mind. Even Call of Duty is capable of redemption with something like this.

Black Gear Solid Op 4?

Old man, Check
Mecha, Check
Building destroyed, Check
Epic Explosion with first person view, Check
Future tech thingies, Check
Elite force/person, Check
Horse back, Check
OK...been there, done that, I'll pass, thanks...
I'll just go back to Tribes:Ascend thankyouverymuch

Cyborgs, Uncheck

Im...looking forward to it. I liked the sound of having some opinions ,tho odds are they aren`t really big ones.
Still, at least it`s progress. And hey, Ive heard quite a lot of interesting things about the singleplayer.

punipunipyo:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

Infantry traveling at vehicle speeds, uncheck.

Those CoD worshiping shazbots don't know what speed is.

TLS14:

punipunipyo:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

Vehicles that have good controls, uncheck. Two can play at this game.

OT: I'm really looking forward to this actually, it's sounding to be so much less copy and pasty like MW3. From what I've heard they're completely revamping the multiplayer, and since I thought Black Ops' MP was good but had a few big problems this will be good. Treyarch is now my favorite of the two COD developers.

TLS14:

punipunipyo:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

I hear ya bro, I am about ready to go back to "stay'n alive!" CoD don't have disco parties, we do!~

Disco Parties, Unchecked

ToastiestZombie:

TLS14:

punipunipyo:

Cyborgs, Uncheck

OT: I'm really looking forward to this actually, it's sounding to be so much less copy and pasty like MW3. From what I've heard they're completely revamping the multiplayer, and since I thought Black Ops' MP was good but had a few big problems this will be good. Treyarch is now my favorite of the two COD developers.

You mad bro? Tribes vehicles drives so smoothly, we use them to Ram "Infantry traveling at vehicle speeds" WHILE FLYING!

Use Vehicles to ram "Infantry traveling at vehicle speeds" (IN MID AIR) while doing crazy air stuns and dodging missiles, Uncheck [Shrike, The only way to fly/roadkill; soon to be challenged by HAVOC]

Skill shots, Uncheck (Where is the Blue Plate?)

Random/Luck based deaths, check

ToastiestZombie:

TLS14:

Vehicles, period, uncheck. (Except for Black Ops 2, apparently)

Why yes, I certainly can play this game.

punipunipyo:
I hear ya bro, I am about ready to go back to "stay'n alive!" CoD don't have disco parties, we do!~

Disco Parties, Unchecked

Damn it, I still haven't unlocked the disco. I play a Tech most of the time, so I'm focusing on getting all of that equipment, as well as hoarding my XP for the Tech's update.

In other news, this is now a Tribes thread.

TLS14:
Snip

Things to prevent people spamming SHAZBOT, uncheck. Seriously, gtfo out of a COD thread and go talk about Tribes somewhere else.

Will not buy it believed all the hype about BOPs one and it was a steaming pile of turd, glitched like hell and partying was broken. I even brought it early to beat the rush same with all Trey-arch CODs they got given a lot of credit for supporting the game if it wasn't so shitty in the first place they would not need to.

ToastiestZombie:

TLS14:
Snip

Things to prevent people spamming SHAZBOT, uncheck. Seriously, gtfo out of a COD thread and go talk about Tribes somewhere else.

Relax, I was just kidding. I'm not actually trying to derail the thread or anything.

Isn't that Daystar's job?

But since you're being so hostile about it...

I don't know how much consequence these choices will bring at the end... but I'm sure it'll be more than ME3's.

*Runs away*

TLS14:

ToastiestZombie:

TLS14:
Snip

Relax, I was just kidding. I'm not actually trying to derail the thread or anything.

The other guy didn't seem to be kidding. But well, I just hate the terrible argument you and the other guy were saying. Here, I'll change it to fit Half Life 2.

Guns, check
Vehicle levels, check
Awkward platforming, check
Physics Puzzles, check

Cyborgs, uncheck. OMG WORST GAME EVERY I SHALL GO BACK TO TRIBES ASCEND! It's like saying that if a game doesn't have zombies it's terrible, because your favorite game just happens to have zombies.

ToastiestZombie:

TLS14:

ToastiestZombie:

The other guy didn't seem to be kidding. But well, I just hate the terrible argument you and the other guy were saying. Here, I'll change it to fit Half Life 2.

Guns, check
Vehicle levels, check
Physics Puzzles, check

Cyborgs, uncheck. OMG WORST GAME EVERY I SHALL GO BACK TO TRIBES ASCEND! It's like saying that if a game doesn't have zombies it's terrible, because your favorite game just happens to have zombies.

But it does have cyborgs - the combine soldiers.

What if BO2 doesn't have zombies?

MammothBlade:
Snip

It does infact, they've confirmed it. The maximum amount of players is going to be 8 this time, and there adding in a whole 6 hour campaign based around zombies.

Also, how does the inclusion of cyborgs make a game better? Or the uninclusion of cyborgs make it worse. I smell cyborg bias here, it's time to call a Blade Runner.

Meh I'll still buy it. Liked Blops over MW anyways.

Trailers always color perceptions of a game, but if Black Ops is anything like the "Terminator with Terrorists and Horses" that it bills itself to be, I might actually pick it up on those merits alone.

ToastiestZombie:

Guns, check
Vehicle levels, check
Physics Puzzles, check

HL2 did have cyborgs. The Striders, the Gunships, the Stalkers, the Hunters, every single Combine troops... ;)

Raiyan 1.0:

ToastiestZombie:

Guns, check
Vehicle levels, check
Physics Puzzles, check

HL2 did have cyborgs. The Striders, the Gunships, the Stalkers, the Hunters, every single Combine troops... ;)

I thought of those as aliens in space suits due to being on earth. Also, the other's aren't cyborgs, since cyborgs are human like robots, meaning they have to look like humans. We don't know if the enemies are cyborgs or not, IMO they aren't opinions. But my point is that the guy was basically pointing out all the good new things, but because it doesn't have the new good thing HE likes it's the worst game ever and Tribes is better.

ToastiestZombie:

MammothBlade:
Snip

Also, how does the inclusion of cyborgs make a game better? Or the uninclusion of cyborgs make it worse. I smell cyborg bias here, it's time to call a Blade Runner.

I'm not saying it does, but when the player character is a cyborg it often implies freedom to augment your abilities. Maybe that is one thing that the trailer neglected to reveal.

I would be interested to see just what sorts of future small arms BO2 has. Given it's 2025 M4s and AKs are likely to still be around, albeit in smaller quantities; although they will have been replaced in service with the SCAR and AN-94 respectively.

*queue distortion and industrial music*

In a future where concrete bridges are reinforced with propane, men eat gravel for breakfast, and every single person's favourite colour is grawn1; one man steals the keys to the president's car, and threatens to drive really, really fast.

1) Grawn being a mixture of brown and gray

ToastiestZombie:

I thought of those as aliens in space suits due to being on earth. Also, the other's aren't cyborgs, since cyborgs are human like robots, meaning they have to look like humans. We don't know if the enemies are cyborgs or not, IMO they aren't opinions. But my point is that the guy was basically pointing out all the good new things, but because it doesn't have the new good thing HE likes it's the worst game ever and Tribes is better.

Any organic lifeform fused with machinery is cyborg

Anyway screw CoD:BO2, I want sequel to BF2142 (and with more titan maps please)

Looks interesting, but I can't buy it for several reasons. 1. Oliver North supporting COD Black Ops 2 is terrible and I don't want right-wing nut jobs supporting him by buying the game. 2. It offers nothing new, the whole future war is ripped from any one of Tom Clancy's books and games, the vehicles are ripped from Deus Ex and Metal gear. 3. The muiltplayer is always the same considering that I've played every COD multiplayer.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here