Erin Stout, Seductress

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

rolfwesselius:

Moonlight Butterfly:

rolfwesselius:

Hes turning it down because he is afraid of a rape accusation because she is drunk and does not know what she is doing.

Yes because being assaulted while you are practically unconscious is exactly the same as being a bit merry and propositioning a guy...

I get very ...excitable after I have drank wine which is why this strip resonates with me lol.

MetalMagpie:

Or maybe because obviously drunk and suspiciously unsubtle women aren't a turn on for everyone. ;)

Well according to many laws you cant consent while drunk and any sex without consent is rape.
So yeah......

And I'm sure all women are lying in wait to call rape on men. Because that's the type of thing we do right?!

It may surprise you but drunken one night stands are pretty common without the police getting involved ;)

And in a single webcomic, all the problems with my lovelife (Or rather, lack thereof) are made clear. Farewell internet!! Oh tormentor of mine, assuaging my anger at a lack of a love life whilst conspiring to ensure I would never have one!!

More on subject, if I were lucky enough to be the guy sitting opposite Erin, I'd just make sure she got home safe, slept off the tipsyness, and leave my number/facebook address on the side.

Smart play from the blondie. I get the feeling the makers are reading the comments and not making it so... easy to pick where this is going.

poiumty:
Goddamnit, I was promised gags and I got this shitty storyline. What an awful webcomic, promising things and not sticking to them.

I want my money back. I'm boycotting Critical Miss. And why do I have to be always online to read this, huh? IT'S NOT EVEN MULTIPLAYER

Ok after being on Diablo 3 Forums for a bit just now, this made me laugh out loud.

I'm kinda hoping this storyline would end sooner than later. And by sooner, I mean now.

The writers may be great when it comes to game references and random insanity, but the past few strips have been painfully bad and meandering in a first year art school kind of way.

And I say that will the love I can muster for the strip. Which is plenty.

Brick, are you trying to say that there's a party in your pants and I'm invited?

I don't like this at all... They've made Erin all... Ew.

Worgen:
It's kinda weird how this comic seems to have suddenly gone all drama strip on us.

Hey, it isn't stooping to a miscarriage storyline. We're still in good waters.

Personally I'm glad the guy turned her down, she's clearly in a bad place right now and it shows he's a pretty decent guy. If he gave her his number and told her to call if she still wanted to while sober, I'd be happy.

That said, I'm toying with a theory that he's hallucination. She tried to rub his leg and could only find her own (yes, I'm well aware she's drunk) and have we actually seen the two touch? Erin sat there wishing for someone non judgemental to talk to and make her feel better about herself, and along comes this guy who's interested in her and didn't run screaming for the hills when she told him about her "condition".

chstens:

poiumty:
Goddamnit, I was promised gags and I got this shitty storyline. What an awful webcomic, promising things and not sticking to them.

I want my money back. I'm boycotting Critical Miss. And why do I have to be always online to read this, huh? IT'S NOT EVEN MULTIPLAYER

To be fair, the Diablo 3 complaints are legit.

doesn't really make the post any less funny.

OT:
LOL!!

she sucks at this worse then me :3

And my friend things requesting cunnilingus is subtle!

Also, you have no idea how afraid I was to click the comic titled "Erin Stout: Seductress".

Zhukov:
Is... is that... a vertical ellipsis?

Blasphemy!

no.

it was UPSIDE DOWN!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OT: Smooth, just like a shot of cheap vodka.

But what I think Erin doesn't realize is most parties involve more than two people.

#implications

Moonlight Butterfly:

rolfwesselius:

Moonlight Butterfly:

Yes because being assaulted while you are practically unconscious is exactly the same as being a bit merry and propositioning a guy...

I get very ...excitable after I have drank wine which is why this strip resonates with me lol.

Well according to many laws you cant consent while drunk and any sex without consent is rape.
So yeah......

And I'm sure all women are lying in wait to call rape on men. Because that's the type of thing we do right?!

It may surprise you but drunken one night stands are pretty common without the police getting involved ;)

I know i know, Im not meaning to be sexist but if a woman wants to she can ruin someone's entire life with a single call to the police.
Do you understand why this makes guys unsure of drunk woman they barely know?
They could just be wanting a good time or they could be drunk out of their minds and when they sober up you become a registered sex offender.
But lets just forget about it and enjoy the comic.

Smart man. He gets major props for thinking with his brain :P

Grey Carter:
Erin Stout, Seductress

You are now approaching the friend zone.

Read Full Article

Personally, I would have gone with the line "Wanna fuck?". Far more blunt and far less embarrassing for Erin to try and explain it.

Can't wait to see where this goes next though.

I feel like someone was watching Archer while writing this, because Erin sounds just like Pam right now haha.

"Finding a take on a female character is always hard, because I never want to find myself writing a man with tits, you know?"

-Warren Ellis

Hollyday:
Erin Erin Erin.... you made the cardinal mistake. You picked a nice guy. An easy error, but a major one. Next time find the guy who's steaming drunk and staring at the barmaid's cleavage. Much safer bet.

Wouldn't life be so much easier if we could always be this direct? Erin could be the leader of the unsubtle female revolution. I'm with her all the way. Being classy is so tiring.

Well you could start the revolution yourself! It'd save you from being pissed at all the idiots like me who miss the subtle signs.

what if he turned her down... because he's a video game character!

Honestly I don't know why he turned Erin down, I guess I'll have to tune in next week for the exciting conclusion (continuation?).

it couldn't have been Erin's charm, she has that in spades!

Scrustle:
I haven't really liked Erin's character in these past few strips. I mean how long has she known this guy? A few minutes? I can't see it being any longer than a few hours, and she wants to do this guy. Classy. I would have the same reaction to her as this random guy did if I was in the same situation. Although I wouldn't have done a lot of the other things he did, so I wouldn't be in that situation in the first place any way.

But I really like the attempt to build a longer deeper narrative with Erin's character and problems instead of just using them as a punch line. I'm interested to see where this goes.

Yes...but she's unbelievably drunk, desperate for companionship, and Tris(tan) is A) quite attractive and B) not calling the police after the long talk about how voices in her head tell her to kill everyone who causes problems for her.

Same piercings! SOUL MATES FOR LIFE. But first they need a bonding montage to establish it.

Sorry, if this happened to me (through the power of space magic no less) I would be just as drunk as her and would totally take her up on her offer. Prudish white-knightism be damned, sometimes people have termporary needs, it shouldn't reflect negatively on them. I thought her pick up lines were pretty funny.

I have to admit... I never understand this comic. I never 'get' the joke, unless it's that I clicked the link...

Dominic Burchnall:

More on subject, if I were lucky enough to be the guy sitting opposite Erin, I'd just make sure she got home safe, slept off the tipsyness, and leave my number/facebook address on the side.

Funny enough I had similar situation.
Cute drunk girl, blunt attempt of having sex with anyone.
I may hate people, but in this moment I stepped in and lead her to my place.
After some massage (I convinced her that it is part of foreplay) she passed out, and I spent that night on the floor.
Next morning during breakfast I explained her what happened, she said "thanks" and left (and I never met her or heard from her again)

And this whole situation sucks.
I feel bad because I wanted to have sex with her
But if I've had sex with her I would feel bad about exploiting her
Ignoring this situation altogether also wasn't an option, because I would feel like jerk for not helping her
A lose-lose-lose situation :(

Man, I never get invited to vagina parties. Well screw them, i'll go have my own party, with black jack, and hookers.

In fact, forget the party and black jack.

.. Huh, didn't see that coming. I really could of sworn this guy was only interested in Erin just for the sex. Once she actually offers herself, he declines. I was actually surprised to see that because .. well, I had a bad feeling since he showed up while Erin was drunk.

Wonder if he's the nice type, the good by heart type of guy like me who's only interested in bonding and dating girls we pick up on. Also even if he isn't that type, I must say what Erin is saying is sort of a 'turn off' cause .. lol drunk pick up lines do not suit everyone XD makes the moment awkward.

Azuaron:
"Hello. I'm crazy. Not like, 'Your Mom is car-AZY,' but, 'We the jury find the defendant.'

Christopher Titus Norman Rockwell is Bleeding quote for the win.

FoolKiller:
She needs a hug. :(

captcha: finger lickin good

Sometimes I believe that the capatcha knows what it is you're replying to/saying and chooses an appropriate thing for you to type in.

poiumty:

I lol'd so much at this.

I can't decide whether that dude is a total loser or a boy scout.
Me, I'd be like, "Oh sure, your place or mine?"

But then just to be safe, we wouldn't actually have sex rather lots of foreplay

NO TRISTAN, YOU FOOL!

Poor Erin. That's a hard shutdown to take. Hopefully he wants more than that, but either way, still hard to take.

Azuaron:
"Hello. I'm crazy. Not like, 'Your Mom is car-AZY,' but, 'We the jury find the defendant.'

Wanna bang?"

But, as everyone who's ever visited Reddit knows, you don't stick your dick in crazy.

But it's so much more fun! It's like surfing--you need to learn how to ride before you'll ever have fun.

Also, Titus quote for bonus points.

i hate to admit it but I'd say no as well

i'm crazy so that's not a problem i just don't do drunk women just in case you know laws and what not

teh_Canape:
Mrs Stout, are you trying to seduce me?

Oh Canape, you silly Brony. She's not married, therefore she's a Miss or Ms, not a Mrs. :P

Keep up the good work Mr Carter, haven't seen a duff strip by you yet.

I have to agree with all the people that want this storyline to end. It's starting to get a little bit painful, now, and not just because it isn't funny; I don't really find anything compelling about this situation that makes me want to read more. If I wanted relationship angst I'd go read Questionable Content.

I'm also a little bit disappointed by Erin's conduct in a potentially romantic situation. The "nervous, socially awkward gamer" is so overplayed with either gender that it's incredibly uninteresting. I would've enjoyed seeing a more confident approach to the situation.

Renegade-pizza:
I say my good fellows. [stroking his magnificent Victorian mustache] I splendubiously believe that this fine scruffy lad is simply respecting this intoxicated lady's unhealthy state and wishes to only join the celebration being held in her loins when she is of a healthier mindset.
Bully.

EDIT: But I'd have tapped dat!

Bully indeed, sir! Give the lady time to sober up and make a more responsible decision. And come up with better jokes, because the humor's been a bit off these last few strips.

rolfwesselius:

Moonlight Butterfly:

rolfwesselius:

Hes turning it down because he is afraid of a rape accusation because she is drunk and does not know what she is doing.

MetalMagpie:

Or maybe because obviously drunk and suspiciously unsubtle women aren't a turn on for everyone. ;)

So yeah......

Yeah, and according to a few laws pizza can be legally called a vegetable. That doesn't make it true.

There is a big difference between getting a drunk person to have sex with you by asking/agreeing to sex, and making them have sex while they are unconscious.

Not saying if you go out getting people drunk with the intention to get them to have sex with you won't/shouldn't get you in trouble, but at that point unless you were very drunk too it would be a bit dumb to blame the other person.

You don't have to obey something blindly. Not even laws. As long as you use common sense, you should be able to tell right from wrong.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 51590)