Erin Stout, Seductress

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

rolfwesselius:

Moonlight Butterfly:

rolfwesselius:

Hes turning it down because he is afraid of a rape accusation because she is drunk and does not know what she is doing.

Yes because being assaulted while you are practically unconscious is exactly the same as being a bit merry and propositioning a guy...

I get very ...excitable after I have drank wine which is why this strip resonates with me lol.

MetalMagpie:

Or maybe because obviously drunk and suspiciously unsubtle women aren't a turn on for everyone. ;)

Well according to many laws you cant consent while drunk and any sex without consent is rape.
So yeah......

Yeah, and according to a few laws pizza can be legally called a vegetable. That doesn't make it true.

There is a big difference between getting a drunk person to have sex with you by asking/agreeing to sex, and making them have sex while they are unconscious.

Not saying if you go out getting people drunk with the intention to get them to have sex with you won't/shouldn't get you in trouble, but at that point unless you were very drunk too it would be a bit dumb to blame the other person.

You don't have to obey something blindly. Not even laws. As long as you use common sense, you should be able to tell right from wrong.

This strip makes me feel really uncomfortable. Are we about to witness some sort of breakdown in toon form?

Grey Day for Elcia:
I don't like this at all... They've made Erin all... Ew.

You must have missed when she described what sex with Kratos would be like...."after".

Ha, I knew he wouldn't go for it.

FoolKiller:
She needs a hug. :(

captcha: finger lickin good

oh god finger lickin good,

must.... not....make....a dirty joke

captcha: lovey dovey how appropriate

How was that not enticing?

Desperation and alcoholism aside, I wish more women were this direct. I might not say yes to that offer either, but at least I'd know where she was coming from. I would want to continue to spend time with a person who was that honest.

Imp Emissary:

rolfwesselius:

Moonlight Butterfly:

Yes because being assaulted while you are practically unconscious is exactly the same as being a bit merry and propositioning a guy...

I get very ...excitable after I have drank wine which is why this strip resonates with me lol.

Well according to many laws you cant consent while drunk and any sex without consent is rape.
So yeah......

Yeah, and according to a few laws pizza can be legally called a vegetable. That doesn't make it true.

Their is a big difference between getting a drunk person to have sex with you by asking/agreeing to sex, and making them have sex while they are unconscious.

Not saying if you go out getting people drunk with the intention to get them to have sex with you won't/shouldn't get you in trouble, but at that point unless you were very drunk too it would be a bit dumb to blame the other person.

You don't have to obey something blindly. Not even laws. As long as you use common sense, you should be able to tell right from wrong.

People in US have been convicted for rape because the girl was drunk.

So, where are we going with this? :O

blackrave:

Dominic Burchnall:

More on subject, if I were lucky enough to be the guy sitting opposite Erin, I'd just make sure she got home safe, slept off the tipsyness, and leave my number/facebook address on the side.

Funny enough I had similar situation.
Cute drunk girl, blunt attempt of having sex with anyone.
I may hate people, but in this moment I stepped in and lead her to my place.
After some massage (I convinced her that it is part of foreplay) she passed out, and I spent that night on the floor.
Next morning during breakfast I explained her what happened, she said "thanks" and left (and I never met her or heard from her again)

And this whole situation sucks.
I feel bad because I wanted to have sex with her
But if I've had sex with her I would feel bad about exploiting her
Ignoring this situation altogether also wasn't an option, because I would feel like jerk for not helping her
A lose-lose-lose situation :(

Yeah. It can really suck to know right from wrong, and know that you "have" to do the right thing. Honestly, if you can just give up your soul and do what ever it takes to get what you want, you'll go farther than one might think. However, you still have to live with yourself after.

It is better to just do what you believe is right most of the time, and hope to be repaid for past deeds. Not saying that your day will undoubtedly come, but best you look back on life and be regretful of bad things you didn't get to rather than the good you didn't do.

Hope you get repaid!
Unless you couldn't care less about such things.

I bet this guy's middle name is Greg.

poiumty:
Goddamnit, I was promised gags and I got this shitty storyline. What an awful webcomic, promising things and not sticking to them.

I want my money back. I'm boycotting Critical Miss. And why do I have to be always online to read this, huh? IT'S NOT EVEN MULTIPLAYER

Well its not multiplayer because Erin's partner declined the invitation.

Man, how the hell are you supposed to raid on your own?

BX3:
I bet this guy's middle name is Greg.

I reckon its something awesome and manly, like Sush

Yeah, that name is hotness, I'm calling my first born Grey Sush.

edit: Grammar fail!

JasonEllis66:

Imp Emissary:

rolfwesselius:

People in US have been convicted for rape because the girl was drunk.

Never said that the laws weren't ever misused. It's terrible when it happens, but sometimes it is used properly. I am pretty sure that this is (and most likely will be for a long time) the case for almost all laws. However, just because they can doesn't mean people will always, or that when they do that they will always be successful.

Also, although it is difficult, if people are indeed in such danger, they could always just not have sex with drunk/intoxicated people.

XD HOLY SHIT! That comic was written straight out of a moment in my life XD Almost word for word on Erin's part. Except my response wasnt worded like that.

:P anyway, very funny comic, amplified by hitting close to home. Nice to see that the guy isn't just trying to get into Erin's pants.

Hollyday:
Erin Erin Erin.... you made the cardinal mistake. You picked a nice guy. An easy error, but a major one. Next time find the guy who's steaming drunk and staring at the barmaid's cleavage. Much safer bet.

Wouldn't life be so much easier if we could always be this direct? Erin could be the leader of the unsubtle female revolution. I'm with her all the way. Being classy is so tiring.

Guys can do that easily.

"Hi! I've been looking at you for a few minutes and find you attractive. Mind if I enthusiastically jiggle my face between your ample bosom for a spell?"

I can't imagine how a female could be subtle when faced with something like that. I think Erin just found an extreme.

As for "Nice guys", well i'm a nice guy but i'd still stare at the Bar Wench's cleavage.

Arr!

wooty:
Well, I'd say yes, shes a gamer girl.

I mean yeah shes coming on like a cheap tart in a shit Southport nightclub, but..........gamer girl!

You my good man get props for the Southport pop.

Darth_Payn:

Renegade-pizza:
I say my good fellows. [stroking his magnificent Victorian mustache] I splendubiously believe that this fine scruffy lad is simply respecting this intoxicated lady's unhealthy state and wishes to only join the celebration being held in her loins when she is of a healthier mindset.
Bully.

EDIT: But I'd have tapped dat!

Bully indeed, sir! Give the lady time to sober up and make a more responsible decision. And come up with better jokes, because the humor's been a bit off these last few strips.

Why thank you dashing sir, but I must disagree with your argument and splendifically state that I have enjoyed the last few worded images of this fine lady and her fictitious companions. Also, if you do not cease your trolling as the common folk would put it, I will be forced to engage in intercourse with your grandmother. Indeed!

Don't know why, but the line "The party is in my vagina." got a much larger laugh from me than it probably should. :P

Buuuuuut this is where Erin learns that she needs to go full-blown crazy, shun all her "real" friends and fully embrace her hallucinations. *nodnod*

What's wrong with him? He started it after all...
I wonder how it all ends.

I love Erin's expression in the 4th panel. Did she learn her seduction technique from Leisure Suit Larry?

(Better him than Kratos, I guess.)

poiumty:
Goddamnit, I was promised gags and I got this shitty storyline. What an awful webcomic, promising things and not sticking to them.

I want my money back. I'm boycotting Critical Miss. And why do I have to be always online to read this, huh? IT'S NOT EVEN MULTIPLAYER

I love you. I just wanted you to know that. Feel the love.

What a classy guy, better man than me that's for sure.

awwww, i had mood music set up and everything...

Boyninja616:

As for "Nice guys", well i'm a nice guy but i'd still stare at the Bar Wench's cleavage.

Arr!

but also clearly a pirate, so you don't count!

Boyninja616:
Guys can do that easily.

"Hi! I've been looking at you for a few minutes and find you attractive. Mind if I enthusiastically jiggle my face between your ample bosom for a spell?"

I can't imagine how a female could be subtle when faced with something like that.

It's our cross to bear.

I think if someone said that to me I'd have to let him, simply as a reward for such creative use of the English language. It usually goes more along the lines of 'you, me, we go to car *suggestive hand gesture*'. Although my friend did maintain her dignity last Saturday when approached with the proposition 'You have big breasts, my friend has a big penis. It's perfect!' I live in Italy, and subtlety is the first thing that gets lost in translation!

Now I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt here // He may be saying no because he's not the kind of guy to sleep with a girl he just meet as he does seem generally interested in her

-M

Hollyday:

Boyninja616:

Arr!

but also clearly a pirate, so you don't count!

Boyninja616:
Guys can do that easily.

I can't imagine how a female could be subtle when faced with something like that.

It's our cross to bear.

I think if someone said that to me I'd have to let him, simply as a reward for such creative use of the English language. It usually goes more along the lines of 'you, me, we go to car *suggestive hand gesture*'. Although my friend did maintain her dignity last Saturday when approached with the proposition 'You have big breasts, my friend has a big penis. It's perfect!' I live in Italy, and subtlety is the first thing that gets lost in translation!

Note to self: Go to Puglia for your holiday.

I speak like that all the time; Mostly to confuse people, but also because I love living up to the stereotypes of English people (I have a few 'Murrrkin friends) and apparently "Foreign chicks dig posh people" - The words of a good friend of mine.

For a lot of people, being in a foreign country makes one lose one's inhibitions (Away from friends and family and all that) so I suspect that subtlety is standing right beside their parents, waving goodbye at them as they leave for the Airport.

Maybe it's just a British thing, but every person I know who was in a relationship at the time of going on holiday had much merriment at the hands of some tanned, hairless native.

A few came back with the Scurvy of the parts below deck!

I have many alter egos as I am quite good with accents and impressions. Me, myself and I are fairly nice in general unless one finds good cause to anger me (Nary a man has succeeded in this endeavour). People, including those i've just met, actually ask why I don't have a girlfriend.

Scrustle:
I haven't really liked Erin's character in these past few strips. I mean how long has she known this guy? A few minutes? I can't see it being any longer than a few hours, and she wants to do this guy. Classy. I would have the same reaction to her as this random guy did if I was in the same situation.

It's called 'alcohol' :P

Boyninja616:

For a lot of people, being in a foreign country makes one lose one's inhibitions (Away from friends and family and all that) so I suspect that subtlety is standing right beside their parents, waving goodbye at them as they leave for the Airport.

Maybe it's just a British thing, but every person I know who was in a relationship at the time of going on holiday had much merriment at the hands of some tanned, hairless native.

Ah, you misunderstand me my friend - I'm Welsh. I live in Italy as an English language teacher. The hilariously unsubtle come-ons are from Italians, who I can assure you are still living with their Mums (until at least the age of 30 in this area)!

I agree with the holiday comment though. The amount of friends I've had to turn on the fake sympathy for after they 'accidentally' cheated on their boyfriend whilst on holiday is laughable. Lets face it: Everyone knows it doesn't count if it's in a different post code area.

Hollyday:
Wouldn't life be so much easier if we could always be this direct? Erin could be the leader of the unsubtle female revolution.

People can be that direct. Post high school it happens all the time. I'm not really seeing much chance for a female revolution here.

Ladies, if you want to ask for it, ask for it. I'd recommend not following Erin's route and wasting a bunch of time though by shooing away interested guys who try to chat you up with some kind of passive-aggressive game though, at least not if those are guys you are into. I'd also not recommend following Erin's route having a jarring tonal shift after months of stability just to get attention. I'd also not recommend going Erin's route and being batshit crazy and/or fictional. But barring those three things there's nothing wrong with being unsubtle.

Hollyday:

Boyninja616:

Ah, you misunderstand me my friend - I'm Welsh. I live in Italy as an English language teacher. The hilariously unsubtle come-ons are from Italians, who I can assure you are still living with their Mums (until at least the age of 30 in this area)!

I agree with the holiday comment though. The amount of friends I've had to turn on the fake sympathy for after they 'accidentally' cheated on their boyfriend whilst on holiday is laughable. Lets face it: Everyone knows it doesn't count if it's in a different post code area.

I now have this image of you teaching English to some Italian children with a Ruth Jones-esque accent. It is amusing.

At least I can say with confidence that at 19 I no longer live with my Mother, and it's nice to know that even those who are stereotypically considered 'sexy' are the same as any other shut-in.

Still want to go to Puglia, if only to test out my "Creative use of the English language".

Appropriate Captcha: Live your dream.

I wish it was that easy.

i don't get it.
first of all he started the conversation, and sat on her table...
just to say "no" when he get's to score?
that makes no sense at all... except for if he is just some imaginary character, that is somewhat eather a total pussy, or an absolute gentleman.
who on earth is that guy?
when did he unlock "retarded"?

Boyninja616:

I now have this image of you teaching English to some Italian children with a Ruth Jones-esque accent. It is amusing.

This is exactly how I do it

actually, sorry to disappoint but this is a Cardiff accent and I'm north Wales. And since North Wales is pretty much just a suburb of Liverpool I sound more like Wayne Rooney than Ruth Jones. Either way my students are highly confused, but I've managed to get them to enter the classroom by saying 'y'alright laaaaa'

OT: Thinking more about Erin's marvellously unsubtle advances, does anyone find the use of the 'v' word by women a turn-off? I don't know why, but it just sounds weird to hear (or in this case, read) it.

Hollyday:

Boyninja616:

This is exactly how I do it

actually, sorry to disappoint but this is a Cardiff accent and I'm north Wales. And since North Wales is pretty much just a suburb of Liverpool I sound more like Wayne Rooney than Ruth Jones. Either way my students are highly confused, but I've managed to get them to enter the classroom by saying 'y'alright laaaaa'

OT: Thinking more about Erin's marvellously unsubtle advances, does anyone find the use of the 'v' word by women a turn-off? I don't know why, but it just sounds weird to hear (or in this case, read) it.

Well, as long as you don't look like him then it's all the same to me. Is it quite warm in Puglia this time of year?

Jokes aside, I do find some Scouser accents remarkably similar to Welsh accents (Even Cardiff and South Wales ones), Caernarfon in particular. I also now have an image of an Italian man coming home and going "Y'alright maaaaa".

To answer your question, it depends on the context. If it is an invitation, then that sort of inane language is reluctantly welcomed, as I seem unable to grasp subtlety or just deal with it in an awkward fashion. If she just wants to talk about it as if it were some sort of household pet, then I suspect most men would actually leave the conversation altogether. I would probably stand there and nod my head occasionally but, alas, no female has seen fit to talk about their lady parts to me, in any context.

Imp Emissary:

rolfwesselius:

Moonlight Butterfly:

So yeah......

Their is a big difference between getting a drunk person to have sex with you by asking/agreeing to sex, and making them have sex while they are unconscious.

But that's not a legal defense you could use to keep off the sex offender registry or keep out of jail. It's not like he has a reason to trust her either

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here