Zero Punctuation: Sniper Elite V2

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Sniper Elite V2

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Sniper Elite V2.

Watch Video

Let us see What he thinks of this, always enjoy the reviews, keep up the good work.

Never heard of this game, but it's a good video ^_^. Hopefully I'll know what the review for next week is about lol.

I just found out yesterday that Scotty died 7 years ago... It made me sad.

NO GUILT! HE'S A NAZI!

Best line ever.

Sniper Elite V2 has the best option ever. The option to shoot someone through the testicles. Who doesn't like a bit of nut busting? Also, the serial killer with a rifle idea changes things up a bit. For the better of course.

Yahtzee you didn't even mention getting to assassinate hitler. ASSASSINATE HITLER.

Seemed like he enjoyed sections of it. More than I expected from him.

But I hate sneaky games.

Haha, that part with the little mermaid and the fish was a master stroke.

Might look at this game a bit closer now.

I could never get into Sniper games, the only sniping I'm somewhat good at is playing Sniper class in TF2.

I had a lot of fun with the demo, so I decided to pick it up, it is very satisfying finally figuring out the mechanics

Even if you don't get to kill Hitler, as long as you end the game killing Nazis it'll still feel like a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin

I can't agree enough about the World War II games sentiment. I revisited World at War not so long ago and I found that engaging and memorable and much, much better a shooter than I had remembered. I guess at the time of release I was caught up in "OH WORLD WAR TWO WAAH WAAAH WISH IT WAS SET IN A FUTURE".

Also: not one mention of slow-motion X-ray testicle exploding makes me think Yahtzee either thought it wasn't worth mentioning, or he never came across it or tried it - both of which are things that make me think less of him as a human being. For shame, Mr Croshaw.

You jerk off to Disney Princesses?

fanklok:
Yahtzee you didn't even mention getting to assassinate hitler. ASSASSINATE HITLER.

He mentions it in the credits and says you don't.

Killing Hitler was a pre-order bonus only, wasn't it?

canadamus_prime:

Frankly, who doesn't? Rule 34, my friend, it's a horrific, disgusting and wrong wonderful thing that every human who doesn't have a one single shred of dignity and deserves to die should see.

You should have just gone round blowing up peoples balls.

I never complain about Yahtzee's reviews, but any review of Sniper Elite V2 is woefully incomplete without dwelling on the super slow-mo, x-ray cam, testicle shatter sequences. As fall as I can tell, that's the single biggest draw of this game.

trollpwner:

canadamus_prime:

Frankly, who doesn't? Rule 34, my friend, it's a horrific, disgusting and wrong wonderful thing that every human who doesn't have a one single shred of dignity and deserves to die should see.

Um... well I don't.

Aww, you forgot to mention killing Hitler.

Ariel is still the best of them, can't beat an eager redhead... well you could and that will make them come to me so it's a moral conundrum to me.

DVS BSTrD:
Even if you don't get to kill Hitler, as long as you end the game killing Nazis it'll still feel like a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin

Alright, that was good, I did Nazi that coming.

Last bits of jokes seemed kind of bland (since they can be built anywhere I guess, lololol dickjokes out of nowhere don't exactly rely on making fun of a game), but video was funny as a whole.

Personally I thought the game was extremely dull and repetitive, especially with the unbelievable health regen making it really damn hard to die on any difficulty level. The gore shot gimmick is interesting at first, but after replaying a demo for some time you pretty much got the whole experience in my opinion.
Story is really bland (oh look we must stop the not-a-nuke), characters are pretty much nonexistent, it's invisible-wall-level linear. Tutorial took that up to eleven.
Plus the AI was so balls-to-the-walls stupid you basically got no enjoyment out of stealthily outsmarting them. At least in Thief: Deadly Shadows the AI was so stupid it was hilarious again, and if they found you they could still knock a considerable amount off your health bar before you can initiate countermeasures.

I like how they made sniping on harder difficulties a bit more skill-requiring and by extension more rewarding when you blow up a group by shooting a grenade like it's a pinto, but between that and the killcam novelty there was nothing about this game that struck me as worthwhile.

Qitz:
NO GUILT! HE'S A NAZI!

Best line ever.

Sniper Elite V2 has the best option ever. The option to shoot someone through the testicles. Who doesn't like a bit of nut busting? Also, the serial killer with a rifle idea changes things up a bit. For the better of course.

Never understood what's engaging about that Freudian excitement. Guess I'm really not this game's target audience.

Raiyan 1.0:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin

No need to take this Führer.

Raiyan 1.0:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin

O.K., stop please. This is just getting reich-diculous.

EDIT: ninja'd. Blimey, this is as bad as the time we had that page about a guy who killed his family with a sword and we had 7 pages of blade-related puns.

EDIT 2: Oh, here it is.

Raiyan 1.0:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin

Well, this thread just took a hard Reich now didn't it?

The ultimate irony? That game is based on the actual US/Soviet raiding of V2 scientists in Germany. In it's attempt for realism, the game becomes boring...

Also, you may want to see a doctor (or five) if that's what your penis looks like...

Qitz:

Raiyan 1.0:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...Goodwin

Well, this thread just took a hard Reich now didn't it?

Next pun gets to discover what it is like on the receiving end of Sniper Elite...

The Gentleman:

Next pun gets to discover what it is like on the receiving end of Sniper Elite...

Well that won't end Schnell for someone now will it?

Someone needs to sit down in Mein Kampfy chair.

The Gentleman:

Now, now, now. No need to take pot-shots at people over this! Stop sniping at people or you'll get fired.

I'm sorry, that was terrible. I'll show myself out.

She said
I despise you !
and btw the funnyest ZP in a year .

Qitz:

Someone needs to sit down in Mein Kampfy chair.

Oh, you mean this?

It's the expression on my face that always gets me.

Also:

Zachary Amaranth:

fanklok:

He mentions it in the credits and says you don't.

Killing Hitler was a pre-order bonus only, wasn't it?

Lmao. I kind of hope you aren't kidding, just because that would be so hilariously insane.

OT: "Unwillingly redecorate a nearby wall" is the best line I have ever heard in that context. Bravo!

Yahtzee's a little jealous of Wales' awesome dragon flag of awesome, I see.

Grey Day for Elcia:

OT: "Unwilling redecorate a nearby wall" is the best line I have ever heard in that context. Bravo!

I prefer "acquire some unnecessary ventilation".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfwUPMtog0

NameIsRobertPaulson:
But I hate sneaky games.

I do too but that didn't stop me from loving this one. Try the demo.

All you need to know about this game can be learned on youtube. Search for "Kill hitler in the ballsack" and watch the first video on the list.

Captcha: Do more sit-ups

How does it know?

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook