History of the Moonbase

History of the Moonbase

Stashing Feed Dump's many hats hasn't always been an easy process.

Read Full Article

Oh Paul... You will never be rid of the Mii shirts...

I once found two live cats when cleaning my schools drama room while in a lunchtime detention.

Cool to get a more in-depth history of the Orbiting Underground Moonbase. I've known the basic story in the article, but not quite to to that extent.

I didn't realise that Toast was lost either...... I felt safe in the knowledge that he lived on in someone's freezer, ready to spring into action when his time came.
Alas, it is not to be.

Toast, you will be forever remembered...

Anyone else expected "I never asked for this" line when Graham started to talk about not asking for hats?

I liked how the story of them finding the current moonbase very soon after moonbase II getting torn down like in Hustle is true IRL. Make Paul create some kind of giant monster out of hats and unsold mii shirts. :)

You know, I might go and buy a Mii shirt. I just might.

Calumon: Free Mii shirt for every bus auction?

How many Hats do you guys have in "queue" for feed dump?

When Graham was showing where they keep the glasses and masks there was most definitely a Street Sharks hand puppet on the shelf. I had the exact hand puppet as a kid... What a trip down memory lane that was.

Also, Street Sharks was AMAZING

Eric the Orange:
How many Hats do you guys have in "queue" for feed dump?

About three or four currently. Even then we've still got some of our own we can fall back on.

circa90:
When Graham was showing where they keep the glasses and masks there was most definitely a Street Sharks hand puppet on the shelf. I had the exact hand puppet as a kid... What a trip down memory lane that was.

Also, Street Sharks was AMAZING

JAWESOME!

It's funny to see this, as last night I watched the loading time video where you guys move from base 2 to base 3. Why? Iunno... Bored on a wednesday night.

But seriously. You guys have so much in the props and costume department. Ever thought of putting together a larger project? I.E. A feature? You have the manpower and office space to handle it, and putting together a "Loading Ready Run Feature Film" kickstarter would probably net a large amount of money, especially if you mention it on here.

Graham is kind of chanelling Jensen, the Deus Ex guy.

-I didn't ask for hats.

I have never cleaned my room or house at all, I just neatly organize the mess.

blackrave:
Anyone else expected "I never asked for this" line when Graham started to talk about not asking for hats?

But he did solicit for hats. I remember his asking for it and me making a comment about how the escapist would demand 2/3s of them. ...But I'm to lazy to look it up.

dls182:
I didn't realise that Toast was lost either...... I felt safe in the knowledge that he lived on in someone's freezer, ready to spring into action when his time came.
Alas, it is not to be.

Toast, you will be forever remembered...

We need a new video: Son of Toast!

I thought I had a pretty good idea of the layout of the current Moonbase....then I saw the main room from Desert Bus from a different angle in a recent vid.....and was confused. How the hell did you guys fit all those people and furniture in that one room? I thought it was a good 15 feet deeper before it hit the back wall where the cameras were!

Maybe next time (?) give us a video tour of the joint room by room?

I'll never get to that side of the country to meet you fine folks in person...which makes me a sad panda....

.....but these behind the scenes vids give us a better understanding of how you guys pull off what you do each week.

Thanks again guys!

I'd love to see more like this- can you do one that shows off all the costumes you guys have hanging up? I always get intrigued by the ones I see hanging up during Desert Bus... I'd love to see some of what I can only see from the side...

Unoriginal069:
I thought I had a pretty good idea of the layout of the current Moonbase....then I saw the main room from Desert Bus from a different angle in a recent vid.....and was confused. How the hell did you guys fit all those people and furniture in that one room? I thought it was a good 15 feet deeper before it hit the back wall where the cameras were!

Maybe next time (?) give us a video tour of the joint room by room?

I'll never get to that side of the country to meet you fine folks in person...which makes me a sad panda....

Well, Graham and Paul are currently scheduled to make it to Escapist Expo this year.

If I can pull it off, I'd like to go too, so I can make a request for Desert Bus.

Blargh. Sounds like you had a great time finding an adequate Moonbase.

Also, definitely nice to take a look at a lot of the props that you've used in the LLR videos. The dinosaur hat's one of my favorites, so nice to see it show up.

Also, wow. Will you ever be using that original Game Boy in a video or something? Also, did that have Tetris in there?

That was really cool. I thought it was funny when Graham was trying to remember what all the drawers were for. Have you considered, y'know, labeling them?

Lady Kathleen:
(Sometime during our tenure in Moonbase mark II we lost Toast, the hero of the video Toast to some rodent nibbles.)

NEVAR FORGET.

Also... does it say something about me that I saw those lights and immediately thought/said "oh, those are the lights from Daily Drop, the ones that got powdered sugar on them and were so hot it caramelized"?

And yea, I figured that you guys must have had some troubles selling that WiiPlay colonoscopy shirt... it's not exactly the sort of shirt that one would wear around in public. Now the Pirate one, I want me one of those.

Edit: And for those of you curious about the toast deal...
He was the star of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5pa7N0Nf2o

And he was discovered dead in this video, right around 1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lJzetYuhK4#!

Lancer873:
Also... does it say something about me that I saw those lights and immediately thought/said "oh, those are the lights from Daily Drop, the ones that got powdered sugar on them and were so hot it caramelized"?

Not really, that was my first thought as well.

I like how your prop drawers were organised very specifically into "goggles" "masks" "headbands" "tape" and such, then suddenly one was "flat stuff" xD

I got a massive nostalgia hard-on as I read the article and replayed bits from Desert Bus in the different moonbases, followed by going through cHustle episodes in the different moonbases.

I find it odd that Paul didn't mention the LoadingReadyRunners shirts at all. They need to do a second run, just sayin >.>

Well that was a fun watch/read // I always do enjoy finding out more about the history of LRR

-M

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here