Erin Stout, Investigator

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Oooh, she has Jack's chain tattoo from Bioshock :D

Grey Day for Elcia:

370999:

Grey Day for Elcia:
Anyone else feel it's getting less and less funny the longer it's drawn out?

Yep. And honestly this plot line is kind of flaccid, it had Erin get into a fight which was cool but having her sit in a bar an be chatted up by a nice guy is a bit boring especially when the jokes aren't funny enough to really spice it up.

Your avatar is cute and you agree with me--double awesome.

Cheers

It's from an anime called Toradora.

I wish I was capable of this kind of awareness when I was drunk... or sober....

Grey Day for Elcia:

I felt that way for past few weeks. But this one made me chuckle quite a bit.

She stole Jessica Chobot's triforce tattoo!!!

Kratos school, right? Well, as long as she don't try to disembowel herself in the end...

Sorry what's a white night complex?

Penitent:
*sigh* I can't say I like Erin very much after this one. She thinks she meets a nice guy and this is what she does with it? Our protagonist, everyone!

Here's hoping you guys have it covered.

Keep in mind she is having a pretty shitty night, being drunk rarely brings out the best in everyone. I feel she is the protagonist but that doesn't mean everything she does has to be right.

ProtoChimp:

Simply put, thinking that being a 'nice guy' means treating every woman you come across like they're some kind of damsel in distress, who can't look after themselves and needs you as both physical and emotional support. Something which is now considered just as misogynistic and arrogant as the 'caveman' approach to women, only with a dose of patronizing thrown in as well.

DVS BSTrD:
Her logic is flawless.

Zachary Amaranth:

Well, I can see no flaws in it.

Lunar Templar:

Zachary Amaranth:

me ether, it dose seem the correct path at this point

While he will probably stop all the fighting, (or at the very least try to), I don't see how that will lead to sex for Erin.

I wonder who she will hit/insult to start this fight? Or maybe she will just through a chair.

Imp Emissary:

DVS BSTrD:
Her logic is flawless.

Zachary Amaranth:

Lunar Templar:

Zachary Amaranth:

While he will probably stop all the fighting, (or at the very least try to), I don't see how that will lead to sex for Erin.

I wonder who she will hit/insult to start this fight? Or maybe she will just through a chair.

chair? pff

TABLE!! >:3
hit a guy with a table, that'll get you the tail

Grey Day for Elcia:

Perhaps a little, it was fun for a while, but its time to wrap things up before the whole comic becomes one night introducing one character.

Wooo... Please let this be the last filler comic, something needs to happen soon. The amount of time it's taken her to stand up from the table is up there with how long fights sometimes take to actually happen in Dragon Ball Z. XD

Just gonna give a prediction: The guy's gonna be a figment of her imagination. Possibly a game character, and that's why she was rubbing her own leg. Because he is part of her.

Lunar Templar:

Imp Emissary:

DVS BSTrD:
Her logic is flawless.

Zachary Amaranth:

Lunar Templar:

chair? pff

TABLE!! >:3
hit a guy with a table, that'll get you the tail

Ha ha ha! I will try to remember that.

Captcha: silver spoon

Yeah, keep it classy Erin. ;)

Imp Emissary:

You're just not drunk enough to follow the logic.

Zachary Amaranth:

Imp Emissary:

You're just not drunk enough to follow the logic.

Ha! You're probably right. Hope I don't ever get that drunk....

Grey Day for Elcia:

I'm not laughing, but I am getting more and more drawn into it. :)

Right shoulder - Closing double quotation marks
Left wrist - Triforce
Right wrist - Bioshock chain

Did I miss anything?

Renegade-pizza:

Qitz:
Peepers and Beepers? Now THAT is a description I've never heard before. Great though, because it's rhymes and rhyming makes everything awesome.

You know you could've given praise in rhyme.But chose not to.I'm sure you had lots of time. This simply won't do. Also, where did Erin get all these qualifications? Everyone has their limitations. I think she's a lair. A witch who must be set on fire! I'll stop now, but before you know, there will be snow. This will end in a fight and quite a fright, but its still night, so lots of time for sex. He will soon be her ex. :P

I need a slowclap in here. Someone start it!

OT: I'm loving every second of this. Great stuff. Drunk Erin is totally zen.

Blunderboy:
Pffft. Erin seems like a lot of effort. Just leave her to it and find a less mental woman.

She seems as sane as all girlfriends i've had.

ProtoChimp:

He only digs damsels in distress to try to save them.

Honest to god, if he turns out to be a fragment of her incredibly tortured psyche, this is not going to end well on her part.

I'm yelling at my screen right now like I do at horror movies... NOO ERRRIINN DON'T GOO INN THEEEREE, IT'S THE MOOONSSSTTEEEERRRRRRR

DJ_DEnM:
Just gonna give a prediction: The guy's gonna be a figment of her imagination. Possibly a game character, and that's why she was rubbing her own leg. Because he is part of her.

That was the logic I was going for myself. It fits with the character and all. Slightly mental, getting hammered, nice guy in skeezy bar.

I hope this is not the case though. Could get interesting if they add another person into the mix. Although I have to agree with Elcia (Oh god, somebody shoot me) in that this joke is getting a bit drawn out and tired. Plus if I wanted relationship drama I would keep reading Questionable Content. Which I do. But this feels like it is going the same way.

Jokes being drowned out in favour of relationship/mentalness drama.

Possibility 1: It's a Kratos idea.
Result: She's crazy but maybe can be taught to ignore the people in her head.

Possibility 2: It's an Erin idea.
Result: She's just plain crazy.

Barfights
The obvious solution to everything

All I can say in response to what Erin said in the last panel is:

WAT.

Dat 3rd panel... dayum.

RJ 17:
:P Anyone remember how this entire saga got started?

Now here she is at a bar getting wasted, offering to put out, and now apparently ready to punch someone's face in (my bet is because he turned her down :P).

Captcha: Patch Of Grass.........no comment. >.>

No, she's going to go punch someone else to try to get the guy to come to her rescue and then have crazy drunk sex with her. It's still a terrible idea, but she's hammered, so you can't exactly expect a lot of good ideas.

Qitz:
Peepers and Beepers? Now THAT is a description I've never heard before. Great though, because it's rhymes and rhyming makes everything awesome.

This is the reason modern music is complete garbage.

What if this is just another one of her hallucinations? Perhaps this is her subconscious's way of trying to fix herself. Any other time the game characters have been around telling her what to do but with this guy they have subsided. Also Dude looks like he may be an updated version of Clive who died in the fourth comic symbolizing how the games she once just played have entered her mind, just like Rapala Pro Fishing Move Edition entered Clive's brain.
Maybe... or maybe I just saw that one season finale to House.

Formica Archonis:
Possibility 1: It's a Kratos idea.
Result: She's crazy but maybe can be taught to ignore the people in her head.

Possibility 2: It's an Erin idea.
Result: She's just plain crazy.

Possibility 3:She's freaking drunk and can't measure her actions well.
Result: ... She's drunk. :D

OT: Okay a LOT of ppl already talked aboot the option if the guy is just in her mind and it WOULD be a fun twist, but despite the lot of ppl hating this arc I just LOVE these things.
They're not all about one time game jokes, it IS getting a bit long, but I'm not rushing for a new arc when I already have a consistent one and SURE I actually have to THINK about the fact if Erin lost it or if she's just desperate or even if she's a good person or not, but isn't that a good thing when a character needs more then a single line for a description? :)

Geo Da Sponge:
"I'm going to start a fight"?

Great, now you've got that song by Pink stuck in my head again.

God damn it you, look what you've done to us all

Oh boy, another game of "guess the next line"! Let's see...

*Thud!* (Erin takes one step and falls flat on her face and/or butt... yes, "and" is possible.)

"It's dangerous to go alone. (dramatic pause) Take this!" (dude hands her his drink)

"That was amazingly lucid thinking. Even more amazing I understood every word."
or "I didn't understand a word of that, but it looks like you're about to hurt yourself, so..." (holds her back and calls a cab)

"Hey! Listen..."

"Mind if I play your DS while you're up?"

"Round one. Fight!"

*fwoosh*, "Menu: Fight, Stagger, Drink, Run" or... pretty much anything in here.

RazadaMk2:

DJ_DEnM:

That was the logic I was going for myself. It fits with the character and all. Slightly mental, getting hammered, nice guy in skeezy bar.

I hope this is not the case though. Could get interesting if they add another person into the mix. Although I have to agree with Elcia (Oh god, somebody shoot me) in that this joke is getting a bit drawn out and tired. Plus if I wanted relationship drama I would keep reading Questionable Content. Which I do. But this feels like it is going the same way.

Jokes being drowned out in favour of relationship/mentalness drama.

My bet would be Link's best attempt at a disguise, if it had to be any of the characters in her brain. Think about it. His name is four letters long, he's a blue-eyed blond, he has earings, and he wears green over gray undershirts. And Link honestly is the only helpful one of all the characters in her brain.

Or he could be a nice guy. That too! Not discounting it... *shifty eyes*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or