GinxTV: Final Fantasy Guide to Hair

Final Fantasy Guide to Hair

Final Fantasy characters take their hair products very seriously.

Watch Video

You keep referring to clearly female characters as "he". It's weird. Maybe I just have not played Final Fantasy enough to learn its take on secondary sex characteristics .

You'll get used to it. Don't fight it, let the torrents of androgyny engulf you completely and it'll all click into place.

Honestly, I thought Lightning has fairly normal hair. I think Kuja from IX probably deserved that spot.

And Wakka has the 2nd highest DPS in FFX. Just saying.

Lightning should not really be on this "top ten most wackiest hair" list. It's nice you mentioned her, but just because you have pink hair does not mean it's wacky. Ever seen Sakura Haruno from Naruto? How about Euphie from Code Geass? What about Natsu from Fairy Tail? Pink hair in anything Japanese is not wacky, it's normal.

Characters like Kuga (FF9), Ultimecia (FF8), Nooj (FFX-2), Terra (FF6), Edea Kramer (FF8) have wackier hairstyles than half of the people mentioned on this video.

I take issue with the claim the Wakka is in any way useless in battle, seeing as he has the single best attack in the game outside of the Aeons.
/Nerdmoment

Bah, people who don't like Final Fantasy hair are clearly jealous if its unmatched fabulosity.

Sephiroth has a lot of fangirls despite being inhumanly evil for a reason. You just don't say no to that flowing... Mmmmmm.

LilithSlave:
le snip

unrelated but your avatar makes me happy. Does that make me a Bronie?

I like how they've completely based this on Western fashion. These are not western games. Granted some of the hairstyles are pretty ridiculous, the half/side ponytail thing? I could name 5 of my students off the top of my head who wear that day-in, day-out...

Get some perspective, eh?

Lightning, Serah, Rydia, Sazh, that one guy from FFXIII-2 and Cecil have nothing to do there. We're talking about wacky hairstyles. Having pink-ish, green or even white hair is not weird. Pink hair is actually quite common nowadays, green is...still kinda common. Just google "pink hair" or "green hair" and see for yourself. Same with guy-from-FFXIII-2. Cecil just looks weird because he wears blue lipstick and wears an 80s headband. Sazh is simply rocking an afro. It's weird he houses a baby chocobo there but...who's to say the other characters don't do the same? As said before, some other characters could have filled those spots better (Ultimecia, Kuja and his feathery hair, etc.)

As far as giving Cloud the first place, it was all wrong. That was just because he's the most known FF character ever. Just compare Seymour's and Cloud's hairstyles and tell me which one looks the wackiest.
With enough hair products, I could probably style my hair like Cloud's, so that's actually not that crazy when you think about it. But Seymou's hairstyle is just beyond human comprehension. No stylist could ever accomplish his hairstyle.

There must be a huge market for hair gel in the Final Fantasy Universe.

Also relevant:

I'm just confused on how Lightning can flip, fall, jump and fly and her hair somehow doesn't move a budge from her shoulder...

Kuja(in his trace form he has a monkey tail and red fur all over body)
Seymour
Wakka
Ultimecia

have the craziest hairstyles in final fantasy games. Caius Ballad,Sephiroth,Lighting and Search's hairstyles are just fine.

Wakka is not useless dude is mad strong.

NameIsRobertPaulson:
Honestly, I thought Lightning has fairly normal hair. I think Kuja from IX probably deserved that spot.

He has the highest exempting aeons and is consistently useful. Capable of ranged physical attacks, his final overdrive is the most powerful in the game and he's one of the three swimmers to boot. Wakka is a total boss (and pronounced differently, his name is said many times in game...)

Hugga_Bear:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

He has the highest exempting aeons and is consistently useful. Capable of ranged physical attacks, his final overdrive is the most powerful in the game and he's one of the three swimmers to boot. Wakka is a total boss (and pronounced differently, his name is said many times in game...)

Actually, with the party maxed out, only Tidus beats him (99999 x 10 on his Limit)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here