The Big Picture: Rock of Ages

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Rock of Ages

Straight from the town of Bedrock.

Watch Video

I'm guessing the 70's cartoon world was both confusing and lame.

So which one of those shows had the green alien that only Fred could see (the great gazoo or something to that tone)?

Interesting but why is it telling me that it came out on 25 MAY 2012 3:50 PM?

...that's just plain confusing. Saying "TV. IS. WEIRD." would have been redundant. Exceptionally so.

And a Flintstones revival by the creator of Family Guy? Oh good. Even MORE reason for me to not watch it.

I guess you could say it was quite a...

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series

sethzard:
Interesting but why is it telling me that it came out on 25 MAY 2012 3:50 PM?

Because Bob and the techies just don't care anymore.

Eric the Orange:
So which one of those shows had the green alien that only Fred could see (the great gazoo or something to that tone)?

The original, and Barney could see him to.

HOLY SHIT, I REMEMBER THE FLINTSTONE KIDS!! Kinda. I watched the re-runs on Cartoon Network or possibly Boomerang (if that was a thing) in the early/mid 90's since I was kind of only just born in 88 when that series ended. I remember liking that show but I don't remember watching it as often as I watched other cartoons. Also, I really don't want Seth MacFarlene doing Flintstones...it just seems kind of...dirty to me.

I'm slightly disappointed that this didn't have anything to do with Monty Python: The Game, but then we were promised this episode last week, and it was still interesting.

Moviebob, are you trying to destory my brain? Man the flintstones went though how much in like 20 years?

But why was this video release before the normal time?

Da fuck is going on in this thread?!

9am?

Buh?

haha, 10 people posted before bob. Epic threat is epic. Now it's fixed, boo.

CAPTAIN! CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! Is the best ever. I had no idea that the Flintstones had SO MUCH shit wrapped around it. Good god.

Rock solid ending you have there, bob-o

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series

My sediments exactly.

Why wasn't there a mention of the abortion that was the live action Flintstones movie?

Also that cameo in The Grim Adventures Of Billy & Mandy had me laughing hard.

And im beginning to like Seth Macfarlane more and more, every body loves Carl Sagan and a reboot of the Flintstones sounds alright.

All I ask is that Seth dosen't bring over FG esque humor. It dosen't fit with them.

The Artificially Prolonged:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series

My sediments exactly.

You two are eroding my patience.

Ok that was mind boggling after the Pebbles and Bambam as teenager series. Which segment was snip into what and which segment was reuse?
So where did those celebrity guest stars appear in the episode occur in? In the main series after a few seasons?

My head hurts, that was damn confusing.

Jeff Loper:
I'm guessing the 70's cartoon world was both confusing and lame.

Well, yeah.

And we have those shameless re-packagers of B-grade material, Hanna-Barbera, to thank for so much of it.

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series

My sediments exactly.

Shale we keep this going or we going to be gneiss and stop now?

No mention of the live action Flintstones movies? I can't comment on Viva Rock Vegas because I never saw it, but the first one was kind of odd. It was a dark story about corporate power abuse, betrayal, and corruption that children never stood a chance of understanding, but it was marketed as a family film regardless. It seems like a pretty big oversight not to at least mention that they made a big mess of trying to do a more adult-oriented story.

Wow, that was informative. I think that's more information than I ever wanted to know about the Flintstones. Also Bob, you forgot about the live action movie starring John Goodman.

canadamus_prime:
Wow, that was informative. I think that's more information than I ever wanted to know about the Flintstones. Also Bob, you forgot about the live action movie starring John Goodman.

Didn't they do two of those horrible movies?

The Gentleman:

canadamus_prime:

Didn't they do two of those horrible movies?

Oh yeah, right. Never did see the second one though.

Wow... so, apart from the more modern one, I've seen everything the Flintstones has to offer.
Guess I can cross that off my "Pointless stuff I did before I died" list... or add it.

Whenever the Flintstones are mentioned, I can't help but think of this:

Its only in the last few years I found out that they were originally for adults as the original Flintstones were always ran in the kids TV spot when I was younger. Always enjoyed them though.

Quite simply "I'm Bob and I rock" would have done.

Also, besides watch the original Flintstones cartoon when it was aired over here I fondly remember CAPTAIN CAVEMAN! If I'm not mistaken he was also available in comic book form.
I always liked how scruffy he was ^_^

my head hurts...

Oh god, not a MacFarlane version of the Flinstones.

Lets see what they'll do...
Bam Bam will be a teenager who is uncool and masturbates a lot.
Pebbles will be a rebellious teenager who dates someone just to piss of her parents.
Dino will be able to talk because it's a goddamn Seth MacFarlane show.

Because Seth MacFarlane has been writing the same goddamn thing for about 10 years now.

"I'm Bob and this is the Big pictogram"?Nah, that's not 65 000 000 B.C material...

I was wondering why the whole "Flinstone history" was shown until you mentionned Seth Macfarlane..

Xenominim:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series

My sediments exactly.

Agate the impression this could take a while...

Xenominim:

DVS BSTrD:

*puts on sunglasses*

...metamorphic series

My sediments exactly.

I think we should stop or the others are going to slate us

I'll admit, I'm not a big fan of the old-school Hanna-Barbera cartoons. When I was a kid, I barely watched them, and when I got older, I realized that they used the same formula of either families, funny animals, racers, small groups of creatures or mystery solvers over and over and over again, or just repackaged the various cartoons repeatedly.

Which is why "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" was a nice change of pace... come to think of it, they did have an episode starring a "Sopranos"-esque version of the Flintstones...

That was informative. I never knew that the Flintstones had such a complicated history.

And damn, It was reused and edited a lot.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here