The Big Picture: Rock of Ages

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I just know Seth getting his hands on the Flinstones is a baaaad happening.

Fred: Hey Wilma!
Wilma: Yes dear?
Fred: *the sound of a long wet fart issues from Fred's hind quarters.* Hahah! Got you!

Go ahead and doubt that thats what we'll see!

Holy Shit. Shmoo. Shmoo was awesome. Shmoo!
Sorry 'bout that. My inner child (what's left of it) became very happy for just a moment.

Best way to make sure everyone knows a trademark, beat it in and keep on going... I knew "The Flintstones" were old and repeated a lot but this much I'm almost want to see the (pherhaps) upcoming remake...

(Oh captcha "roast beef" very fitting I think)

I can't believe I've never heard of any of those spin offs before! So Captain Caveman is supposed to be a prequel to The Flintstones? Crazy.

I heard that Seth McFarlen wanted to reboot The Flinstones but I had no idea he wanted to reboot Cosmos too. I'd love to see that if Tyson gets the job hosting it. He's a great speaker. But come to think of it another good candidate could be Brian Cox. He has a similar kind of tone to Sagan, and he's done similar shows as well on several occasions. Maybe that's actually a reason why Tyson should get the show instead. Meh, either one would be great.

Shoggoth2588:
HOLY SHIT, I REMEMBER THE FLINTSTONE Also, I really don't want Seth MacFarlene doing Flintstones...it just seems kind of...dirty to me.

I agree, I get the feeling that if Mr. Macfarlene did get the show going, it will just be alot of jokes about conservatives and Christians.

I used to really enjoy the first run of Family Guy, A few of those joke I mention but I have a sence of humor I did not take it personally. But now, it seems like entire episodes are dedicated to making fun of conservatives and Christians, and it is hard not to start too take it a little personally.

I guess I would like those shows more if they did more jokes about liberals (they have just as much comedy material as anyone else), Muslims, Jews, Buddha, Atheists, everyone.

Because, it is not discrimination if you discriminate against everyone (including yourself) equally.

Revival of Cosmos? Sweet FSM yes :D
Also, that show's continuity is worse than 50 years of Doctor Who :S

Oh lord, I watched The Flintstone Kids...

...as well as Tom and Jerry Kids AND A pup named Scooby Doo...

"I'm Bob. And that's a Big Fissure."

Yeah, I'm not very good at this either.

Oh come on Bob, you didn't even try: "I'm bob and that is the big slab!" "I'm bob and that is a bolder(Sp?) picture" what it doesn't have to be good, this is on the internet.

I remember Flintstone Kids and Captain Caveman, they were pillars of my Saturday morning cartoon watching. Probably after ODing on Flintstone vitamins.

Spot1990:
Oh god, not a MacFarlane version of the Flinstones.

Lets see what they'll do...
Bam Bam will be a teenager who is uncool and masturbates a lot.
Pebbles will be a rebellious teenager who dates someone just to piss of her parents.
Dino will be able to talk because it's a goddamn Seth MacFarlane show.

Because Seth MacFarlane has been writing the same goddamn thing for about 10 years now.

Dino actually did talk in one episode of the original series, "The Snorkasaurus Hunter" (forward to about the 24:00 mark). It's very surreal.

Bob, Bob Chipstone would have been funnier than Bob Chiprock (makes you sound like Simon, Alvin and Theodore). And I can see that the Seth McFarlane series won't be a chip off the old block... (BA DUM TISH). I was never that into the Flintstones, but I did watch a hella lot of them when I was a young thing. And I remember the "Pebbles and BamBam as teenagers" series. That was... stupid.

Godamnit, I hate Seth MacFarlane. If he has any creative control over the new Flintstones series, I'm going to commit suicide.

Also, Neil DeGrasse Tyson as the new Carl Sagan in a Cosmos reboot with MacFarlane propping it up?

NONOONONONONONONONONONO

That's horribly, horribly stupid. Cosmos doesn't need a damn reboot; just more reruns and a bit of editing to make it look cleaner.

Seth MacFarlane...and the Flitnstones...

Why does this bode ill on so many levels?

Falseprophet:
I remember Flintstone Kids and Captain Caveman, they were pillars of my Saturday morning cartoon watching. Probably after ODing on Flintstone vitamins.

Spot1990:
Oh god, not a MacFarlane version of the Flinstones.

Lets see what they'll do...
Bam Bam will be a teenager who is uncool and masturbates a lot.
Pebbles will be a rebellious teenager who dates someone just to piss of her parents.
Dino will be able to talk because it's a goddamn Seth MacFarlane show.

Because Seth MacFarlane has been writing the same goddamn thing for about 10 years now.

Dino actually did talk in one episode of the original series, "The Snorkasaurus Hunter" (forward to about the 24:00 mark). It's very surreal.

Yeah but like the animals/household appliances that say "Well, it's a living" when the Flinstones did it it was a joke. But Macfarlane doesn't know how to tell a joke. He repeats the same jokes over and over or he drags one out for way too long. It was kinda clever in Family Guy having Brian talk and everyone else just accept it. Then there was the fish in American Dad and the bear in the Cleveland show. The guy has never heard of subtlety or wit. There's very few things I'll say are bad comedy because comedy is probably the most subjective thing going. It's something that elicits an uncontrollable response, laughter. But Macfarlane's work is just straight up bad. Playing an entire Conway Twitty video in an episode isn't clever, it's just figuring out how to turn needing to write a 20 minute script into needing to write a 16 minute script.

Call me crazy, but I never liked the Flinstones.
Or, for that matter, any of the old Hanna-Barbara cartoons. I like them even less as an adult.

CosmicCommander:
Also, Neil DeGrasse Tyson as the new Carl Sagan in a Cosmos reboot with MacFarlane propping it up?

NONOONONONONONONONONONO

That's horribly, horribly stupid. Cosmos doesn't need a damn reboot; just more reruns and a bit of editing to make it look cleaner.

A) Tyson is awesome
B) That show is over 30 years old. There's new discoveries and new perspectives since then.

Saying it doesn't need a reboot is like saying we should have just left it at Origin of the Species, no need to write any follow ups.

Ugh. Watching this episode was like listening to the chapters in Genesis dedicated to explaining how much incest was required to make a million people out of just Adam and Eve, except with the Flintstones and the editing room.

Wow, he didn't even mention the films!

The Partridge Family 2200 A.D. cartoon was really out of left field. Hanna-Barbera was known for making animated versions of popular sitcoms, but this was a true anomaly. Who thought making a mutant mashup of The Jetsons and The Partridge Family was a good idea? I realize compromises have to be made during development but you have to cut your losses when the result is this.

One of the hurdles with a reboot of "The Flintstones" is the way technology shapes our lives today. Our relationship with electronics is very different compared to previous generations.

Gilhelmi:

Shoggoth2588:
HOLY SHIT, I REMEMBER THE FLINTSTONE Also, I really don't want Seth MacFarlene doing Flintstones...it just seems kind of...dirty to me.

I agree, I get the feeling that if Mr. Macfarlene did get the show going, it will just be alot of jokes about conservatives and Christians.

I used to really enjoy the first run of Family Guy, A few of those joke I mention but I have a sence of humor I did not take it personally. But now, it seems like entire episodes are dedicated to making fun of conservatives and Christians, and it is hard not to start too take it a little personally.

I guess I would like those shows more if they did more jokes about liberals (they have just as much comedy material as anyone else), Muslims, Jews, Buddha, Atheists, everyone.

Because, it is not discrimination if you discriminate against everyone (including yourself) equally.

Well watch South Park then. Seriously, I hate Macfarlane, but having a bias isn't wrong. If there was a show that only made fun of liberals I'd be fine with that too. It's like giving out that a punk band doesn't have more pro free market capitalism songs.

I remember this film, I used to like it when I was a kid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPIV98_lu0

Anyway, I don't remember much, but the cast has some good names in it, John Goodman is awesome. Maybe it was a shitty horrible film not worth mentioning...

"I'm bob and that's the big petroglyph."

definition

Holy Crap, he went through this entire episode without mentioning the "The Great Gazoo" once.

Seth McFarlane...Flintstones...
No. Just...no.

Family Guy drove me nuts because it's basically the "Shrek" version of The Simpsons.
I just don't like McFarlane's style in general. And now he's going to work on the Flintstones.

*sigh*

What. WHAT. WHAT!!??

Honestly, what the hell? I had no clue. I only know of one Flinestones tv show... and I don't know which one it is on that list. I can, however, sing the entire intro song.

I was never that crazy about the Flintstones (I liked the Jetsons, oddly), and several times during this video I was almost covering my ears just because the laundry list of rehashes got too embarrassing (seriously, I was going, "Please, tell me they didn't make another... oh great, just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower..." multiple times). It just shows off how ridiculously shameless companies really are about exploiting franchises.

I dread something like this happening to MLP:FiM.

The Cosmos with NDT...

Excuse me while i go cheering through the streets.

Im really worried about this Seth McFarlane revival thing. it's either going to be not at all like the original and be terrible for it, or its going to try and copy the original and "modernize" it, which would also be terrible.

Some things are best left in the past. Don't you have enough shows, Seth? you already have too many that you can't ensure the quality in all of them (im looking at you, Cleveland show) how about you focus on those?

That last series looks weird yet interesting, it took me a lot but i found what its style reminded about

I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

What the fuck!?

This was your most... ... ...episode ever...

Spot1990:

A) Tyson is awesome

I respect Tyson for his contributions to the popular understanding of science and his research; but I just can't stand the man in of himself. He's one of those people I find inexplicably odious.

B) That show is over 30 years old. There's new discoveries and new perspectives since then.

Saying it doesn't need a reboot is like saying we should have just left it at Origin of the Species, no need to write any follow ups.

Legit point there; but I'd rather it not be called "Cosmos" and mooch off of the original show's brilliance; make it an original property, and please, please don't have that douchebag MacFarlane have any creative control.

Am I the only one who freaked when he said there's going to be a remake of Cosmos starring Neil DeGrasse Tyson!? EEEEEEEEE! :D

CosmicCommander:

Spot1990:

A) Tyson is awesome

I respect Tyson for his contributions to the popular understanding of science and his research; but I just can't stand the man in of himself. He's one of those people I find inexplicably odious.

Legit point there; but I'd rather it not be called "Cosmos" and mooch off of the original show's brilliance; make it an original property, and please, please don't have that douchebag MacFarlane have any creative control.

Personally I want him to read me bedtime stories.

Yeah, maybe a different name would be a good idea and shooting MacFarlane into the sun is a stroke of genius (I know you didn't actually say that but I feel we were both thinking it).

Did you not even mention the live-action film because you really hate it?

mlooshka:

Xenominim:

The Artificially Prolonged:

My sediments exactly.

Shale we keep this going or we going to be gneiss and stop now?

Agate the impression this could take a while...

I marble at your wit.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or