Friends and Foes

Friends and Foes

Loading Ready Run, professionals with a teleprompter.

Read Full Article

The looking at the phone gag is one of the over the top type gags. People don't actually do that. Now if you ever watch, some people in Japan will bow while on their phones. It's a cultural thing, but I am going to point that out.

Aw, Matt's dog is so adorable! I remember Matt saying he had a golden retriever shortly before Desert Bus 5 sometime on the forum but it's so nice to be able to see it. ^-^
OT: Hunh, you guys sure spent a lot of work on the timing... I'm gonna have to rewatch the video and see how that worked out because it just seems a bit odd that you had to speed it up and slow it down.

Hmm... Maybe it would have been easier to have Paul listening to a recording of Kathleen's scene that he needed to sync to, rather than having Kathleen there speaking the lines?

Callate:
Hmm... Maybe it would have been easier to have Paul listening to a recording of Kathleen's scene that he needed to sync to, rather than having Kathleen there speaking the lines?

Only if he gets it perfect in one take. Otherwise stopping, rewinding, and restarting the recording ends up being more effort than Kathleen cuing* him.

Maybe I'm weird, but I have looked in disbelief at my phone when the person on the other end said something that would prompt such a reaction.

*I prefer the spelling "cueing" but apparently "cuing" is more correct. :-|

I am a bit upset that LRR is editing on Final Cut X of all things...
*cries into his I Heart Avid mug*

I am a bit upset that LRR is editing on Final Cut X of all things...
*cries into his I Heart Avid mug*

"This turned out to be more difficult than it seemed at first."

Describes every video shoot I've ever done. It always starts out as "this is a real simple idea." And ends as "It was supposed to be one take, one location, and we've been here for 8 hours."

"What would you do to a cat?"

Well, as someone who's family has both cats and dogs... probably nothing. If anything, the cats will scare the dog.

MowDownJoe:
"What would you do to a cat?"

Well, as someone who's family has both cats and dogs... probably nothing. If anything, the cats will scare the dog.

Reminds me when my brothers cat met my sisters dog (toy-terrier) and since they were of similar size they both were scared from each other.
It was hilarious :D

When I saw the video, I thought Kathleen and Paul were in separate rooms actually talking over the phone and you had two cameras setup.

tehweave:

Describes every video shoot I've ever done. It always starts out as "this is a real simple idea." And ends as "It was supposed to be one take, one location, and we've been here for 8 hours."

Saying something will be one take scares me.

tehweave:

"and we've used a whole carton of eggs."

Also, editing in software is so much easier than editing by dubbing with a VCR. (yeah, I made a lot of kinda crappy videos in high school).

tamaness:

Also, editing in software is so much easier than editing by dubbing with a VCR. (yeah, I made a lot of kinda crappy videos in high school).

Oh god I haven't done VCR editing since middle school. What a nightmare that was...

Lady Kathleen:

Saying something will be one take scares me.

"It's fine. We'll fix it in post."

*shiver*

Just noticed they replaced the shitty kit lens with a 24-70mm f/2.8L lens. Good job.

Daaawwww, such an excited puppy.

One of these should just be nonstop animals being nearby during a shoot.

The moment Graham said Roger's Wireless, I knew what his logic behind choosing Neighborhood Wireless would be. Great minds think alike I guess.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here