Miracle of Sound: Keep Drifting (Uncharted 3)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Keep Drifting (Uncharted 3)

Stumble through uncharted lands.

Watch Video

liked it a lot and it suits the game well

Never played the uncharted games personally. Did kinda like the almost 80's stadium rock sound you gave this song though. Nice work as always.

On this day, I finally enjoyed something of the Uncharted series. A testament is found here, that one need not necessarily (alliteration just for you, Gav) be a fan of a series to enjoy the music you make of it.

This, was epic. One awesome miracle of sound, awesome job Gav.

Good lord, is that hairdo made of adamantium!?
You've Dunne a fine job this week as usual.

Well, i liked it! Something about it felt ... adventure-y. That`s the best word i can come up with to explain, and Im pretty sure it`s not even a real word. But nonetheless: it felt adventure-y, or maybe adventure-ish. Haven`t played any Uncharted games either, but Ive always wanted. Never really had the right console, tho. But Ive seen enough trailers and gameplay videos to get the feeling that this song suits the game rather well.

And those video clips playing at the background while the song was playing made me want to play an Uncharted game even more.

Anyways, in conclusion, this song was very enjoyable. Well done again, Gavin!

I like it! I've never played the series, but it's always been obvious that it's a light-hearted adventure through numerous locales that's meant to be simple, yet very enjoyable, and, really, I think this song captured that.

I also found the ending section a nice surprise, as it came rather unexpectedly. This is because the rest of the song was very fast-paced and got the blood pumping,but the end managed to be reflective of the serenity of the beautiful environment the game possesses. I imagine this was your intention, as it seems like the kind of game where you can be swept up in the excitement of the action that, when one of the quieter moments pops up, like wandering the desert, it's unexpected and surprisingly enjoyable precisely because it contrasted what you just experienced.

Keep it up!

Really liked this one in general, the only bit I wasn't keen on were the lines "keep drifting, thieves drifting". Not sure what it was, it just kind of grated. Wish I could give you more useful criticism on it, but it's proabably just a matter of taste.

Good job, keep it up.

Was it just me or did it sound similar to Wasteland Soul? I think I might love it for that fact. None the less this is another great song! Thank you for making these!

I also wish to give props to Justin Clouse for the video. I felt it went quite nicely with the song.

Been waiting for a song about Uncharted for quite some time. I'm happy to say i was not disappointed :D

The sound of the song felt great with the action of the series, and just like that somewhat haunting bit in the desert the end to the song it came unexpected, but was very much welcome!

Gotta say i love your lyrics, man. Just fits so perfect every time...

Wow, seriously I'm so glad you finally got a PS3....

Now do an inFAMOUS song (JK!)

Only Nathan Drake could survive being dropped into the Rub Al Khali desert by finding an ancient town. I now like to imagine him mumbling this song to himself, gasping it between pants, as he stumbles through the desert.

putowtin:

...Or not. That would be awesome. I can hear the puns, either in the comments or the song, about his electric personality.

Now, I've never played the Uncharted games, but this would be awesome as the theme song of an animated Uncharted show. I don't know where I got that idea from, but it just feels like some TV theme song for me.

putowtin:

More like a Ratchet And Clank song!

*hint hint, wink wink*

You sir, have created another fantastic song.

This is my new favourite by far. Really fits with Uncharted.

SO GOOD! Excellent guitar riff, brilliant but simple bassline and it fits the game, also the guitars at the end sounded like they were from Devin Townsends Ocean Machine:Biomech.

Really liked this track, the powerful, reverberating vocals and the main riff (along with that very brief keyboard note on the end of it) on the verse, really give the song a vivacious kick. And I really like how the bass comes through on the chorus and the way you hold that guitar note in sync with the 'keeeep drifting, thieeeeeves drifting' which really feels like you're being spurred on, like you've made it this far, so you're not going to let things get the better of you now.

xplosive59:
also the guitars at the end sounded like they were from Devin Townsends Ocean Machine: Biomech.

I concur, it did make think that Night was starting up for a second there. XD The outro was a very nice touch to this piece, the tranquil keyboards, Gav's chants in the background the background like an echo from afar makes you feel you've come to the end of a journey yet another is just about to begin. If I have one complaint it's that the riff at 0:16 that repeats throughout and the vocal pattern on: 'There are many secrets there to see, Fortunes in the shrouds of history' and 'Hunting for the stories long untold, Something undiscovered to behold.' etc. sounds a bit too similar to Wasteland Soul (though I do love that one, so I can't complain much :3). But other than that, it's a very nice track, keep up the good work. ^_^

Captcha = ear candy

You said it. :D

You guys are ridiculously good at looking at a game and figuring out exactly what style of music captures it perfectly. The whole 80s rock thing is PERFECT for this series. Miracle of Sound never ceases to amaze me.

Doesn't conform perfectly to my experience of the game, but it feels like something Drake would listen to while driving to another adventure. It fits well.

This song is so much better than Uncharted 3. I love the first two (yet to play Golden Abyss), but that game just disappointed me at every turn. I'm glad this song encapsulates the feel of the entire series, it really reminds me what I love about the series as a whole.

Hmm, didn't finish it.

xplosive59:
also the guitars at the end sounded like they were from Devin Townsends Ocean Machine:Biomech.

OmniscientOstrich:
]

I concur, it did make think that Night was starting up for a second there.

Always nice to see Dev fans here :) And yes, this whole song was very influenced by Dev, in particular his more poppy stuff!

MiracleOfSound:

xplosive59:
also the guitars at the end sounded like they were from Devin Townsends Ocean Machine:Biomech.

OmniscientOstrich:
]

I concur, it did make think that Night was starting up for a second there.

Always nice to see Dev fans here :) And yes, this whole song was very influenced by Dev, in particular his more poppy stuff!

Well if there is anyone you are gonna take inspiration from, Devin is never a bad choice!

Well now I wish I still had a PS3, I completely forgot about Uncharted 3, which is odd because I loved the first one, I must have beaten it 5 or 6 times just on the first 3 days I had it, seriously I love that game, the second one was pretty good too but I beat it just one time, regardless pretty good song, it sounds a little weird but on a good way, like that guitar, I never heard something quite like it.

Oh my god, an Uncharted 80s rock anthem, you have made my life

I don't know Gavin, this one is sounds way too generic for my tastes. There's nothing in the song that really stands out or gets stuck in my head. Heck, I've just finished listening to it and cannot honestly say what the song's tune is anymore (unless that is what you're going for because I had the exact same experience with the Uncharted games)

Never played Uncharted before because I don't have a PS3, but this song definitely makes me want to go out and buy one.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
You guys are ridiculously good at looking at a game and figuring out exactly what style of music captures it perfectly. The whole 80s rock thing is PERFECT for this series. Miracle of Sound never ceases to amaze me.

I get the feeling you assume Miracle of sound is more than one person?

I haven't played the Uncharted series at all (360 guy only so far) but I have to say I don't really care for the song. From the other comments in the thread I'm guessing it's well executed for its intent, but for personal aesthetics it falls totally flat for me. (tempo, vocals, changes, etcetera). The chorus, or, second part of the verse or whatever is actually kind of grating on me (like "I will never stop and turn away, further into danger I will stray).

That being said, this is just feedback in the form of personal opinion so take it for what it is.

I am really liking Cruicible lately though.

I suddenly feel the need to put on sunglasses and drive on the freeway with this blasting. Great job, Gav!

Never played the games, so I can't really judge how well the song fits their theme.
What I can say is that there is something deliciously old-school sounding about the song. Love it.

The Heik:
I don't know Gavin, this one is sounds way too generic for my tastes. There's nothing in the song that really stands out or gets stuck in my head. Heck, I've just finished listening to it and cannot honestly say what the song's tune is anymore (unless that is what you're going for because I had the exact same experience with the Uncharted games)

I'd have to disagree - It's not catchy in the same way as Commander Shepard or Gordon Freeman saved my life, but it's definitely got something. I'm going to be humming it for a while, and my friends'll probably be asking me why I keep singing 'keep drifting...' under my breath.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games but I know the general idea, and the song fits nicely. Very 'one maverick against the world' kind of feel to it.

You know, this is one of those few times I wish I had the money for a PS3, because this song really really makes em want to play the game just to see if it's as much fun as the song.

People need to use you in advertisements. You'd do better in convincing me to play a game than the trailers.

Hollyday:

The Heik:

I'd have to disagree - It's not catchy in the same way as Commander Shepard or Gordon Freeman saved my life, but it's definitely got something. I'm going to be humming it for a while, and my friends'll probably be asking me why I keep singing 'keep drifting...' under my breath.

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games but I know the general idea, and the song fits nicely. Very 'one maverick against the world' kind of feel to it.

I'm not asking for catchy, all that I ask for is that it's memorable. I've never played Dark Souls, and yet I can still remember the tune for Gavin's "You Died" song, despite the fact that it came out back in February and that my feelings on it were neutral. However I can't remember a single thing about "Keep Drifting" except that it has a guitar and multiple voice tracks, even though I've seen the video more than five times at this point. It's not that it's a bad tune, it's simply that there is so little that's unique or memorable about the song that nothing sticks at all.

The Heik:

I'm not asking for catchy, all that I ask for is that it's memorable. I've never played Dark Souls, and yet I can still remember the tune for Gavin's "You Died" song, despite the fact that it came out back in February and that my feelings on it were neutral. However I can't remember a single thing about "Keep Drifting" except that it has a guitar and multiple voice tracks, even though I've seen the video more than five times at this point. It's not that it's a bad tune, it's simply that there is so little that's unique or memorable about the song that nothing sticks at all.

Fair enough. I've watched the video twice and it's definitely in my head. Although, memory is a strange animal - maybe it'll creep up on you... or maybe it's just not your cup of tea.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here