Miracle of Sound: Keep Drifting (Uncharted 3)

Pages PREV 1 2

This feels like a reworked, improved, modern version of that Assasin's Creed Brotherhood song. And it's better. Way better. Now do a Psychonauts song.

This reminded me, despite 3 being the weakest in the series, there's still something very special about the games that no other game really does

I am very very jealous of your avatar

Very good song Gav! I've never played Uncharted, but i do love this song. i didn't particularly like how it slowed down before it ended, but that is more pesonal taste anyway.

that video was great, now i actually feel like gathering my money and buying that game because it actually looks legitely fun.

Instant favorite. Awesome stuff as always.

When oh when, will I learn not to postpone listening to one of these songs if I don't know, like or play the game it is about?

Great song, don't know if it fits the game, but it does makes me want to play the game.

*hits replay*

Well, I can't say this is how I expected it to turn out. Then again, I never played any of the Uncharted games, so what do I know?

(still enjoyed it)

I've been listening to it a few times trying to figure out what I think about it. I can't... I like it, hell, I love it, but I can't tackle how. It is just... brilliant in a way I cannot comprehend. It feels so... inspired and so full of life. Amazing piece, even though I didn't like uncharted 3 all that much.

Good song this week, maybe not as good as Shadows in the Moonlight or Silver and Steel, but I like it. I actually like the video more this week. It reminds me very much of a Dirk Pitt novel. Also, it is awesome to look at those shots of the desert and be able to recognise features of Aeolian transport and deposition! Maybe I've actually managed to learn something in the last three years...

While not my favorite of your songs this song is still freaking amazing.

4 minutes is a little too long, and for a game with such varied environments and locations, the style was fairly generic. Maybe you don't have the instrument samples needed, but more variation for a game like this would work. Get instruments form all sorts of cultures.

MiracleOfSound:
Keep Drifting (Uncharted 3)

Stumble through uncharted lands.

Watch Video

Gavin I really liked this song, but why in the world is Shooter Guy not on the Escapist??? It's genius and hilarious, and just plain a great song. AND it has a beautiful shout out to everyone's favorite sarcastic Aussie! I think it belongs here among Miracle of Sound's best.

A Curious Fellow:

Gavin I really liked this song, but why in the world is Shooter Guy not on the Escapist??? It's genius and hilarious, and just plain a great song. AND it has a beautiful shout out to everyone's favorite sarcastic Aussie! I think it belongs here among Miracle of Sound's best.

Relax, it'll be up here soon :)

IamQ:
4 minutes is a little too long, and for a game with such varied environments and locations, the style was fairly generic. Maybe you don't have the instrument samples needed, but more variation for a game like this would work. Get instruments form all sorts of cultures.

You seem to think the song's goal should have been to represent the environments. It wasn't. It was to imply a sense of energy and adventure.

MiracleOfSound:
Stumble through uncharted lands.

It was like meeting a good, old friend Ozzy.
Thank You very much Gav. :]

TheBestPieEver:
I've been listening to it a few times trying to figure out what I think about it. I can't... I like it, hell, I love it, but I can't tackle how. It is just... brilliant in a way I cannot comprehend. It feels so... inspired and so full of life. Amazing piece, even though I didn't like uncharted 3 all that much.

Thanks :) 'Full of life' is kinda exactly how I wanted it to sound - an energetic and uplifting song that just put a smile on peoples' faces.

A song you can't quite stop listening to, with a feeling of adventure and a feeling of being just a joy ride. A song which shifts suddenly and, in a way, awkwardly in pacing and mood while still being really enjoyable and that, somehow, just works.

My most heart warm congratulations, Gav! You have successfully expressed what it is like to play Uncharted, through the medium of a song... AND IT'S AWESOME!!! :D Great job!

Science shows it is 200% impossible not to smile when you listen to this song.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here