Trailers: Lollipop Chainsaw - Combat Trailer

Lollipop Chainsaw - Combat Trailer

George Romero High School must be a public school, what with all the weapons.

Watch Video

I pre-ordred this one a while ago due to it's Suda 51 Pedigree and because I'm a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" fan. It looks decent for what it is I suppose. I am wondering what her pom poms are supposed to be made out of though.

Definitely got a Grindhouse vibe from the trailer. This is going to be so campy and fun.

I think this is definitely going to be the type of game i'd only be able to appreciate if I ignored all the flaws it looks like it'll have. Tis a shame. If I had the money to throw away i'd buy it I suppose, but I just don't, what with download festival being next week and all.

Chainsaws, lollipops and rainbows,
Everything that's wonderful is what I feel when I watch this trailer,
Brighter than a lucky penny,
When you're near the zombie heads disappear, dear,
And I'll feel so fine just to know this game is mine.

Miiiiiiiiindfuck!

This............looks right up my street. Finally, zombies have become interesting.

Am I the only one noticed its Tara Strong voicing the lead? This should be funny.

Gabanuka:
Am I the only one noticed its Tara Strong voicing the lead? This should be funny.

I knew that too, but I didn't notice, I read it on twitter, kinda cool that Batgirl is voicing her.

Anyway this looks so ridiculous that there's no chance it won't be fun.

Kaleion:

Gabanuka:

I knew that too, but I didn't notice, I read it on twitter, kinda cool that Batgirl is voicing her.

Your first thought was Batgirl? Aren't you missing one very important role she's played recently?

And the fact that it didn't have the balls to just say fuck after showing off a girl in a cheerleader outfit dismembering flesh is tells me that it's not actually going to be that interesting.

OMG i noticed that too. Who would guess that the Voice of Ben Tennyson, Twilight Sparkle, Timmy Turner and Raven would be in such a adult and silly Game where a cheerleader decapitates zombies with a Madworld Chainsaw.

umm did anyone else see her fighting giant shadow chickens. still looks like a lot of fun though

Now, it just flashed for a second but... Were those giant evil shadow CHICKENS?
... I cannot wait to get back to my PS3

Freechoice:

Kaleion:

Gabanuka:

Your first thought was Batgirl? Aren't you missing one very important role she's played recently?

Well I'm not actually that familiar with her work, but maybe Harley Quinn in Arkham City?

And the fact that it didn't have the balls to just say fuck after showing off a girl in a cheerleader outfit dismembering flesh is tells me that it's not actually going to be that interesting.

I just thought they were going for really bad cheesy dialogue.

Freechoice:

Kaleion:

Gabanuka:

Darth Vader, right?

Man Grasshopper Manufacture do try so hard, don't they?

What a vibrant color palette. That's gonna look wonderful on my HDTV, according to the most recent Jimquisition. Oddly excited for this game, even if the "kill the zombie horde via ridiculousness" thing kind of hit a wall with Onechanbara.

This still baffles my mind everytime I see it, although it shouldn't:
Cheerleader kills zombies with acrobatics, pompoms and a pink chainsaw (apparently equipped with rainbow LEDs)...

hell, I hope that the gameplay is at least decent because that premise alone is hilarious enough to make it carry the entire game.

These zombies must not be that infectious if she's so willing to put their gnashing jaws between her legs for about half of her moves.

Or maybe she's just into that sort of thing...

Don Reba:

Freechoice:

Kaleion:

Darth Vader, right?

Close. Tyranid hive mind.

I like spectacle and well...

Still going to need to see reviews before I pony up full price.

Pre-ordered and looking forward to it! I hope this sells really well and gets a high score from critics, this looks awesome.

I won't be able to play it until I finish my exams (June 20th) I have a LOT of study to do. oh well, five days isn't too bad.

This is very obviously nerd pandering. And it works! :D

NinjaDeathSlap:
These zombies must not be that infectious if she's so willing to put their gnashing jaws between her legs for about half of her moves.

I think I read (or saw) some part of the plot which implied she was immune? Maybe I imagined it though.

I do know she cut of her boyfriend's head because he was infected, yet somehow managed to keep it alive.
Don't ask me how that works... XD

damn, i hope there will be a pc version of it one day. just looks like plain fun :D

CrystalShadow:

NinjaDeathSlap:

I think I read (or saw) some part of the plot which implied she was immune? Maybe I imagined it though.

I do know she cut of her boyfriend's head because he was infected, yet somehow managed to keep it alive.

My question regarding that sort of thing has never been "How are they still alive?", I can stretch my suspension of disbelief to say some shit like "The Infection never got a chance to take hold so he's able to live like this because of that" or some such shit. My question is "How the fuck can he still talk?". Seriously, he has no voicebox so he cannot make the vibrations that are the human voice, I had the exact same problem with "Headpool", how is that motherfucker talking? Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad he did, he was the decapitated zombie head of a Deadpool from a parrallel universe who enjoyed singing songs from the Lion King around campfires in the presense of dinosaurs. We can only pray that her boyfriend is as cool as Headpool.

I placed my preorder for the game about a week ago.

Baron_BJ:

CrystalShadow:

NinjaDeathSlap:

My question regarding that sort of thing has never been "How are they still alive?", I can stretch my suspension of disbelief to say some shit like "The Infection never got a chance to take hold so he's able to live like this because of that" or some such shit. My question is "How the fuck can he still talk?". Seriously, he has no voicebox so he cannot make the vibrations that are the human voice, I had the exact same problem with "Headpool", how is that motherfucker talking? Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad he did, he was the decapitated zombie head of a Deadpool from a parrallel universe who enjoyed singing songs from the Lion King around campfires in the presense of dinosaurs. We can only pray that her boyfriend is as cool as Headpool.

I placed my preorder for the game about a week ago.

... Probably best to leave logic at the door with something like this. XD

I mean, when you get right down to it the human voice (and presumably that of any creature with similar vocal abilities) depends on a combination of things.

You need vocal chords to produce the basic tones, you need a lung (at least one) to force air through the windpipe so that the vocal chords actually vibrate, and you need a mouth and tongue (as well as your nasal cavity) to produce sounds sufficiently well to speak properly.

(There's probably more things that influence the sound produced, like resonance from the ribcage), but vocal chords and some way of forcing air past them is the bare minimum needed to produce sound, and you need most of the structures of your mouth and nasal passage to produce recognisable speech.

So... yeah. No talking severed heads. XD

Well they're magic zombies, y'know, raised up by a necromancer. So I don't think they're bound by conventional zombie-science. They're operating mostly on foul eldritch energies n' such.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here