Trailers: Lego: The Lord of the Rings - Teaser Trailer

Lego: The Lord of the Rings - Teaser Trailer

You shall not pass up this game when it is released.

Watch Video

Oh so they are going to have actual voice acting in this one? but they wouldn't for the star wars games?!

it seems like they are going to make a lego game of any property they can get their hands on, so im going to wait for them to make a lego avengers games, or maybe lego star-trek... lego battleship?

I've never been a fan of Lego games, but this looks like it could be fun for those who are.

Will have to keep my sights on this one, the LEGO games usually offer up a fair amount of entertainment.

Very excited for it, but I'm not sure I like them using the real audio clips from the film. At least not without more visual humor to offset it.

I only counted one gag... the Balrog burping. Needs more giggles, but still, what they have certainly looks promising.

FogHornG36:
Oh so they are going to have actual voice acting in this one? but they wouldn't for the star wars games?!

The voices are taken straight out of the movie as far as I can tell.

Well voice acting in Lego cames has only started coming up with Lego Batman 2, which will have all new voice acting. I'm curious to see how it'll pan out.

Pedro The Hutt:
Well voice acting in Lego cames has only started coming up with Lego Batman 2, which will have all new voice acting. I'm curious to see how it'll pan out.

This is actually very disappointing for me. The cute voices the lego characters made was one of the best thing about the lego games in my opinion (Magicka style).

This is a joke... right?

The Lego games are awesome because they comically adapt the source material through the simple parody of being played out in Legos.

Just dubbing over the dialogue from the Lord of the Rings movies seems so... lazy... All the charm from the story told in grunts and gestures to the self-aware fact that everyone is made of fucking Legos hasn't been conveyed in this trailer. Like, I want to play Lego: Lord of the Rings, not Lord of the Rings in Lego form, if you feel me.

Anyone who hasn't played the Lego games, take this trailer for Lego Star Wars:

It's an iconic scene from the movie, just like the scene from Lord of the Rings used in this trailer, but what do they do? They play up the parody from the simple fact that it's Star Wars being played through fucking Legos. There's no "I am your father" because Legos don't talk! Luke's hand getting cut off isn't that detrimental because he's made of fucking Legos, so he just puts it back on!

I dunno, this just doesn't seem that funny to me, which is what I thought the Lego games were all about...

Captcha: lame duck

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Heh... "Lame duck"... Heh...

I guess the Lord of the Rings is no longer...

-puts on his sunglasses-

Legoless

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

I guess that means everyone can now get a Lego'las :D

.......Ok I'll go now.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist: