Trailers: Dishonored - Official E3 2012 Trailer

Dishonored - Official E3 2012 Trailer

Bloody Victorian combat looks like the epitome of fun.

Watch Video

So I got chills from that video... guess that means I'm interested.

The pedigree behind this game alone was enough for me to raise an eyebrow before. Actual footage in motion makes me eager to see more.

Ok, I'm intrigued. Getting some nice Thief vibes from this, though obviously with more supernatural and assassination elements (and a decent combat system). Wiki says it's open world and every enemy in the game including bosses can be taken out non-lethally, which just makes me want to try a ghost run already.

Ten bucks says the ESRB flips shit about this trailer...

On the other hand, it is refreshing to see a trailer where they bluntly show "yeah, you're a knife wielding psychopath. There's no getting around that..."

Bloody hell. Emphasis on bloody.

That looks really interesting, in a Bioshock meets Jack the Ripper kind of way.

Love the music. Not really sure about the game underneath it though. As with most trailers, it was tough to get a real feel for what the actual gameplay is. I'm going to call this a case of bad editing. Too long for it's own good, and too many repetitous stabbing scenes. Yes, I get it, I can stab people.. but why am I stabbing them and what else does the game offer? Most trailers at least provide a sense of momentum and pacing if not actual story and explanation.. this one just had awesome music and a lot of stabbing.

the music was nice. never thought i can like this song in the end.
the game looks interesting, but when i read at the end "xbox LIVE", im afraid that we are forced to use GfWL which i hate. if thats the case, i might leave it. i have only problems with this LIVE DRM.

I read an article about this in Game Informer awhile back. It's apparently an "Open World Sandbox" affair with a heavy steam-punk aesthetic. It also (supposedly) has a very deep and complex 1st person combat system. These guys do have a fair bit of experience with that. (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah) We'll see, I guess.

Storyline-wise: You're a former Royal Guard/Secret Service type who was framed for killing the person you were supposed to protect. In other words, you were "Dishonored." And now, you're using your skills to find and exact revenge on those who framed you.

Not an overly original concept for a game. But, who knows? It might turn out to be pretty good. I'm personally going to keep an eye on it.

Captcha: "Gadzooks!" My thoughts exactly.

I was going to ask whether I'm weird for loving that music but apparently I'm not. : P
Not sold on this game though and while the trailer was nice it doesn't really give me much of an idea of how it is actually going to play. Still I'll keep an eye on it.

Keneth:
I read an article about this in Game Informer awhile back. It's apparently an "Open World Sandbox" affair with a heavy steam-punk aesthetic. It also (supposedly) has a very deep and complex 1st person combat system. These guys do have a fair bit of experience with that. (Arx Fatalis, Dark Messiah) We'll see, I guess.

Storyline-wise: You're a former Royal Guard/Secret Service type who was framed for killing the person you were supposed to protect. In other words, you were "Dishonored." And now, you're using your skills to find and exact revenge on those who framed you.

Not an overly original concept for a game. But, who knows? It might turn out to be pretty good. I'm personally going to keep an eye on it.

Captcha: "Gadzooks!" My thoughts exactly.

seconded, i was excited when i read the article in gameinformer all that time ago, but now that i see gameplay, i'm intrigued to learn more.

also, gotta love the creepy sea shanty remix

The name, coupled with the preview image, made me think at first that this was yet another Gun-Metal-Grey-and-Dog-Shit-Brown-FPS.

...Then, when I investigated further, I noticed that it was made by Bethesda.

After watching the trailer, I now have faith in games again. God DAMN this looks cool.

Dear god this reminds me I need a new assassin/thief game. *sings along* slit his throat with a rusty cleaver.

I am iffy enough to not pre-order but this may be a day 3-7 buy...

Rossmallo:
The name, coupled with the preview image, made me think at first that this was yet another Gun-Metal-Grey-and-Dog-Shit-Brown-FPS.

...Then, when I investigated further, I noticed that it was made by Bethesda.

After watching the trailer, I now have faith in games again. God DAMN this looks cool.

Bethesda are just publishing. It's made by Arkane, and the project leads are Harvey Smith (project lead along with Warren Spector on the original Deus Ex) and the project lead for Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

I mean really people, get your shit together: Harvey Smith is making another Immersive Sim. You should all be crying with joy - I've had an erection for months, and it's not going down until the 12th October.

This is a high quality trailer. I was on the fence about this game, and I'm sold. This is beyond cool.

Metalrocks:
the music was nice. never thought i can like this song in the end.
the game looks interesting, but when i read at the end "xbox LIVE", im afraid that we are forced to use GfWL which i hate. if thats the case, i might leave it. i have only problems with this LIVE DRM.

the site only says games for windows
not gfwl

which just means they have certified it. Thats not to say they couldn't announce being gfwl, but as of yet i don't think it is.

vs

easy mistake.

*edit*

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1378266-game-for-windows-live/page__p__20867556#entry20867556

devs confirmed they won't use it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here